Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Found this beer label from a former employer and uh... it's something else (name blanked out to avoid doxxing myself)
:nws::nws:

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 12, 2023

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

I've never been to Nippon so correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks pretty normal and japanese to me :shrug:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

I've never been to Nippon so correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks pretty normal and japanese to me :shrug:

I'd say it's probably more acceptable here than in the US but pretty full on for a beer label. Admittedly, I also have a burning hatred for the owner.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 12, 2023

more falafel please

forums poster

that feels like a little too much booty for the TTB honestly

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Escape From Noise

more falafel please posted:

that feels like a little too much booty for the TTB honestly

To hot for TTB.

Escape From Noise

Came in to clean the taps. poo poo's a disaster with trash just thrown into a floor almost completely covered in several days old beer. I don't even know why I'm even surprised anymore. Sent pics to the group chat and reminding the restaurant manager for the upteenth time he needs to clean poo poo up and what to look out for. Can't believe I have to explain to an adult around my age that mold is bad. I doubt anything will change. I'd clean it up myself beyond a quick mop but it doesn't really matter when nobody bothers to maintain any level of cleanliness and hours of scrubbing are undone in a few weeks.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.

Escape From Noise posted:

Came in to clean the taps. poo poo's a disaster with trash just thrown into a floor almost completely covered in several days old beer. I don't even know why I'm even surprised anymore. Sent pics to the group chat and reminding the restaurant manager for the upteenth time he needs to clean poo poo up and what to look out for. Can't believe I have to explain to an adult around my age that mold is bad. I doubt anything will change. I'd clean it up myself beyond a quick mop but it doesn't really matter when nobody bothers to maintain any level of cleanliness and hours of scrubbing are undone in a few weeks.

:barf:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Found this beer label from a former employer and uh... it's something else (name blanked out to avoid doxxing myself)
:nws::nws:

i will have a pint of robot booty sweat please

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's fascinating to me how highschool politics never end, people just get older and stay as immature. there are weird tensions and power plays going on behind the scenes at work and i can not be bothered to care at all about them. i go in, i do my job, i do it well. that's all there should be to it. i just need to avoid drama and whatnot.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Escape From Noise

Later in the day he came up and asked me to contact him directly instead of bringing it up in the group chat. I get it. I really don't like publicly shaming him or whatever, but I've been complaining about this for like a year. If I bring it up with him directly the response is always "I'm sorry. I was busy.". Like I get not being able to clean up perfectly, but leaving beer spills to congeal over the weekend and into the next week until I complain about it is some bullshit. If I shame him there's a half a chance he'll sort of clean up. That mold has been there forever. I tried to clean it up but it's just ignored. It's on bottles of our beer and keg caps now. Same guy is rattling for me to try and make more outside sales. That's gonna rule when we ship out bottles and kegs covered in mold and gunk because the restaurant manager can't seem to notice the mold.

It sucks because other than his lazy bullshit I enjoy most other aspects of this job.

Escape From Noise

Got the keg back from the place in Fukuoka that bought the Belgian dark strong today. They included a note on the shipping receipt saying they really liked the beer. That was very sweet of them. It also makes me very happy because that's probably the beer that I'm most proud of.

Escape From Noise

Bottled a bunch of imperial stout today. Things went pretty well! Especially considering some of the hiccups that happened.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 17, 2023

Escape From Noise

There's a new manager in a position over the restaurant manager and he's trying to get involved. He's a nice enough guy and I appreciate the enthusiasm, but it's really starting to become too many cooks. Cohesion has gotten a bit better, but I think management in this company still suffers from this idea that we need to make one beer that makes it really big, and then we'll just coast off of that or whatever. That is often coupled with the bad habit of deciding which beers are going to be big hits before they're even brewed.

This is now causing some issues with my scheduling in a roundabout way. About a week ago I kegged the Berliner weisse. It was put on tap at the end of last week. It hasn't been a huge seller so far. That's fine. It's still pretty cold out so sales in general are pretty slow, plus it's a warm weather beer. The issue is that management has decided that it's going to become a sort of flagship beer. The plan is to serve it with syrups in an attempt to appeal to non beer drinkers. It's not a terrible idea, but I don't think this company is up for it. They make no mention of the use of syrup being an option in the description in the beer menu or really seem to mention it. This is one of those situations where you need to really educate your customers about this if you're going to do it. Adding syrup to beer isn't normal practice in most places. Again, that's fine, but if you're going to do this you need to figure out a way to advertise it and put it pretty front and center. Even if that's happening with the new menus that are coming next month, why not also give a mention on the beer menu as well? The managers keep saying how the Berliner weisse is going to really take off anyways.

I'm going back to the US for most of April, which presents it's own set of problems for sure. A major one being that I'll be coming back right before Golden Week, which is a week where a bunch of public holidays stack up meaning you can take off two days of paid leave in order to get like a week off. Lots of people travel then. To prepare I'm trying to get a few beers finished before I leave, as well as get some beers in the tank so that they're finished by the time I get back. Originally I was going to make more pale ale at the beginning of next month and keg it right before I left. The manager requested I make more Berliner weisse. The problem is that it takes two days to brew and around that time I have a bunch of other things I need to get done including a huge bottling run that I need to coordinate with other people. The timing for that won't be great and is causing a major headache. I can't brew the pale ale right before I leave because it needs to be dry hopped. I asked about doing another batch of Berliner weisse right before I left, meaning it would be ready to keg when I got back but they're really worried about running out for some reason and are very convinced of it's success when we already have proven success with the pale ale (it sold out in about a month and a half). I don't know. Just weird and frustrating.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Farecoal

There he go
I finally found a new job, a temp position at a workshop (doesn't feel big enough to call a factory) that makes aircraft components. I've spent most of my day cutting felt-like paper into a specific shape. I don't think I like it very much, but it will at least pay the bills while I search for another, hopefully better, job.

Is it bad to only want to work part-time? I think about doing 8 hours a day and 5 days a week for the rest of my life and feel sick. I live pretty frugally so I might be able to make it actually work :gbsmith:

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
There is zero wronh with wanting to work part time. I found a 4 day work week made a massive difference to my mental health when I could swing it. Planning to drop down myself next year!

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

DaChurl

If I could switch to part time and somehow keep my health insurance, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Chewbecca

DaChurl posted:

If I could switch to part time and somehow keep my health insurance, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Being American (?) sounds tough as hell tbh

Farecoal

There he go
We've spent the last 75 years draining the rest of the world dry but that has gone to ephemeral treats for most of us and actual wealth for a tiny minority

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Chewbecca posted:

There is zero wronh with wanting to work part time. I found a 4 day work week made a massive difference to my mental health when I could swing it. Planning to drop down myself next year!

the company that i work for was thinking of switching to a 4 day week, for everyone's health, but then we got acquired by another company, so that was the end of that. at least for now

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Chewbecca

Dr. Honked posted:

the company that i work for was thinking of switching to a 4 day week, for everyone's health, but then we got acquired by another company, so that was the end of that. at least for now

Ood that sucks to have it dangled like that :sweatdrop:

Ass-penny

when I'm more established here I'm going to try and switch to 4 10s. gently caress driving across town.

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

when I'm more established here I'm going to try and switch to 4 10s. gently caress driving across town.

4 10s is the poo poo

Farecoal

There he go
Honestly I hate 8 hours more than 5 days

Farecoal

There he go
Should I ask too many questions and annoy the guy training me now or just nod along and annoy him later when I screw up? My anxiety says: why not both!

Ass-penny

Farecoal posted:

Should I ask too many questions and annoy the guy training me now or just nod along and annoy him later when I screw up? My anxiety says: why not both!

poo poo in his mouth to assert dominance

Escape From Noise

Today the restaurant manager noticed me eating a bento from 7-11 while I was waiting for the whirlpool and was I guess trying to figure out ways for me to make amends with the head chef so he'll cook me staff meals again. I'm not all that interested. Some free pasta or pizza isn't worth the headache. He suggested I do some shifts behind the bar to prove to him I'm working hard and gain his respect or something. Lol. gently caress that. I don't mind doing some meet and greet stuff but I'm not going to work behind the bar again to prove myself to a guy who'll get mad at me for some other random poo poo in another month or two. Plus, that poo poo was beyond stressful. I work my loving rear end off whether this rear end in a top hat notices or not. I don't have poo poo to prove. I'd rather just take care of my own lunch.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 23, 2023

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Straight up: the restaurant manager needs some god damned boundaries and needs to do his job or leave. I know the culture at this brewerpub is Something, but that guy needs to go. And so does the chef. It's fundamentally broken culture in a workplace.

Escape From Noise

Holland Oates posted:

Straight up: the restaurant manager needs some god damned boundaries and needs to do his job or leave. I know the culture at this brewerpub is Something, but that guy needs to go. And so does the chef. It's fundamentally broken culture in a workplace.

Yeah. For sure. The restaurant manager fluctuates between being okay and driving me nuts. I generally just avoid the chef because it's very loving easy for me to do. At least it's mostly manageable. I can hold out for a while longer. I'll definitely jump ship eventually. I just told him I wasn't interested in doing that at all.

Ass-penny

was I guess trying to figure out ways for me to make amends with the head chef so

I loled, if anything that dipshit needs to make amends with you.

I wasn't going to call in today because we only got like 4-5 inches of snow, but the shop manager texted and said it is a snow day so :cheerdoge:

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

I loled, if anything that dipshit needs to make amends with you.

I wasn't going to call in today because we only got like 4-5 inches of snow, but the shop manager texted and said it is a snow day so :cheerdoge:

Yeah. It's goofy as gently caress. We're fine now. I say my greetings and beyond that we don't really talk. Why bother mending fences with a guy who's always looking for something to get mad at? I mean it's not great I guess but it's fine in relative terms.

Enjoy your snow day! Now that the golden strong is in the tank I have very little going on for the next week and a half. Just gotta CIP the brewhouse tomorrow.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 23, 2023

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I asked someone in marketing if we have any stickers of our company logo, the kind of normal swag that companies give away at trade shows, because I thought it would look nice on a pelican case that I use for work sometimes. They didn't know, so they asked someone who asked someone, etc. Six asks later, no we don't have any stickers available, but I do have to put a barcode on the case to comply with an inventory tracking system that I didn't know existed. Despite the fact that I walk past our graphic design and printing department every day, it would be easier and faster to just order some from Vistaprint. For all I know they probably use Vistaprint too.

Ass-penny

Buttchocks posted:

I asked someone in marketing if we have any stickers of our company logo, the kind of normal swag that companies give away at trade shows, because I thought it would look nice on a pelican case that I use for work sometimes. They didn't know, so they asked someone who asked someone, etc. Six asks later, no we don't have any stickers available, but I do have to put a barcode on the case to comply with an inventory tracking system that I didn't know existed. Despite the fact that I walk past our graphic design and printing department every day, it would be easier and faster to just order some from Vistaprint. For all I know they probably use Vistaprint too.

lol humanity is effed

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I keep drinking coffee and yet the day isn't going any faster

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
like can't I just sit here in peace and stare at a wall until it's time to leave?

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Sarah Cenia posted:

I keep drinking coffee and yet the day isn't going any faster

same. i found myself slurping coffee and wishing i had more coffee even as i was drinking the coffee that i already had

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Ass-penny

Sarah Cenia posted:

like can't I just sit here in peace and stare at a wall until it's time to leave?

:hmmyes:

DaChurl

Chewbecca posted:

Being American (?) sounds tough as hell tbh

Oh drat, how did you guess?
:patriot: :jerkbag:

On a related note, I've started doing the thing again where I can feel my chest getting progressively tighter as I get closer and closer to the office.

Chewbecca

Yesterday I had to give a goofy presentation in the morning, meaning I had to come into the office on Friday

I then spent Friday arvo alone in a completely empty open plan office replying to crisis emails from people. Outside was 40c and the aircon was struggling and because of covid it doesn't recirculate air it only draws it in from outside.

It loving sucks lol

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i have to work on saturday because i have a tutor for my big exams, and they are paying him a lot a lot of money to teach me things very quickly about big scary exams.

i have also hyperventilated into a paper bag a lot today.

i'm doing baller, i am just so anxious i could die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Holland Oates posted:

i have to work on saturday because i have a tutor for my big exams, and they are paying him a lot a lot of money to teach me things very quickly about big scary exams.

i have also hyperventilated into a paper bag a lot today.

i'm doing baller, i am just so anxious i could die.

yo I really don't understand a lot of what you have going on but I hope the stress these exams are putting you through is worth it, friend.