Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

While trying out the new Nat's set I got the Spike Trap achievement for the first time in nearly 11 consecutive years of playing this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.dazedandconfused..
Jan 5, 2006

Once upon a time Blubberkopf made me even more confused....

exquisite tea posted:

While trying out the new Nat's set I got the Spike Trap achievement for the first time in nearly 11 consecutive years of playing this game.

Yeah, I keep looking at all the achievements on other characters besides DH that I have never got in the same amount of years.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Thought that I might give the console version a go since I've just been given a ps4 pro. The legit download is £50 loving hell.
A third party key is 15 which is closer to the mark.
gently caress it, I might go and see if I can get a second hand copy for a fiver somewhere.

Who on earth has a look through the PSN store and buys D3 for fifty quid? Lunacy.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Poll: saving your cache for altar unlock or using it for faster start?

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Unless you’re going to play 40 hours this weekend, use it immediately. You can get another one on Monday.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Lordshmee posted:

Unless you’re going to play 40 hours this weekend, use it immediately. You can get another one on Monday.

this

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

You can also collect all the other things you need for the rest of the alter, so even if you do okay a bunch this weekend, you just unlock 15+ all at once Monday.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

On Diablo 3 yes, but I’m seeing Diablo 4 might fix that? Sorry if there’s a D4 thread I can’t find it

D4 thread is here.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

We lost power last night. My season is ruined!

And also my house, it's 20-something degrees outside. Fugggg

RodShaft posted:

What about in The Vault? I have a goblin amiibo for switch.

I would def try this. Worth running one at least, especially if you don't use the cache so you have gold.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Well rather than be fleeced on the PSN store (or leave the house looking for a second hand disk) I just got it for xbox x Only £15 for the Prime Evil (?) version that also has DII Resurrected.
MS Store has it at that price until Monday if anyone else is also 8 years late in trying the console version.

Gonna be interesting un-learning thousands of hours of muscle memory.
Bit of a pisser not being able to carry my save over though

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
one tip i will give is that it is almost always better to have your resource generator on a trigger rather than whatever face button your console chooses to designate as default

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

I read somewhere that massacre bonuses are nowhere near as good for speed levelling on consoles. What's the best approach instead? Rifts at the highest difficulty manageable?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Marshal Plugnut posted:

I read somewhere that massacre bonuses are nowhere near as good for speed levelling on consoles. What's the best approach instead? Rifts at the highest difficulty manageable?

Yeah it's massively reduced on console. I just grind rifts usually. Everything is pretty much the same up to 18, it'll just take longer. Bounties may not be a bad idea since you have to do them for the journey anyway. Once you have your 70 gear you're going to get to level 50 very quickly though and it will slow down massively from there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mustached Demon posted:

Once again, let go of indecisiveness and trust in the wheel.

The wheel really does know. I was pretty set on going necro because I just bought it but I've always done DH or Monk and the new DH stuff looks fun so I was still waffling...and the wheel dropped me on necro.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The best feature of the wheel is that you can keep spinning it until it gives you the answer you want.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I’m incredibly torn between Witch Doctor and Crusader and it’ll probably be a gametime call because they’re both similar in not having great starter weapon luck.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Suburban Dad posted:

Once you have your 70 gear you're going to get to level 50 very quickly though and it will slow down massively from there.

Yeah I've not played a season for probably over a year, but I remember the later levels becoming a little slow, especially like 67-70. Collecting the bounty caches on the way makes sense, definitely

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

If you do the bounty farm leveling method to 70 then you want to start with the pain in the rear end Acts (3&5) first and save 1 or 2 for the last few levels.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

will the new season be coming out on switch at the same time as on PC? asking for a friend

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

hey mom its 420 posted:

will the new season be coming out on switch at the same time as on PC? asking for a friend

Yep, same time for all I believe.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

ah, cause in my switch game it doesn't seem to be showing the new season.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

yeah, all console seasons start with the Americas region start for some reason. 7.5 hours from now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That reminds me, I gotta get in a nap this afternoon so that I can stay awake for a full night of Diabloing!

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I’m incredibly torn between Witch Doctor and Crusader and it’ll probably be a gametime call because they’re both similar in not having great starter weapon luck.

Crusader's Haedrig set is like playing with a massive shotgun so I'd choose that, but I'm biased since I've never found a serious WD build that I've liked

Flaming June fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 24, 2023

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

What are some of the great off-set pieces that you can upgrade for at low levels? Like I know barbs have a higher chance to upgrade boots to Lut Socks at like level 9. I always forget these for a 2nd character at the start of a season.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Monk has the double your mystic ally boots at a pretty low level I believe. I honest to God can't think of anything else but I know there are more

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Folks, I don't understand the removal of the level requirement in the Altar. If I'm only level 18, how do I get higher level legendaries anyway? Are the ones I'd gamble for automatically level 70 at that point? Thanks for any help with this as I'm quite confused :).

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Mayveena posted:

Folks, I don't understand the removal of the level requirement in the Altar. If I'm only level 18, how do I get higher level legendaries anyway? Are the ones I'd gamble for automatically level 70 at that point? Thanks for any help with this as I'm quite confused :).

Fully upgrade Haedrig and craft, gamble, roll minus level req, and to a much lesser extent, from the leveling process as poo poo drops.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The point is that in S28 you can use your weekly Challenge Rift cache to craft a full set of 70 rares for your level 18 character and cruise all the way to max level on T6, slowing down only for the last few levels.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Mayveena posted:

If I'm only level 18, how do I get higher level legendaries anyway? Are the ones I'd gamble for automatically level 70 at that point? Thanks for any help with this as I'm quite confused :).

If you are at 18 the only way to get lvl 70 legendaries is to craft lvl 70 rares and upgrade them at the cube. The ones you gamble for will still be at your level. The legendaries don't scale up to 70. They have just removed the level requirement from all gear.

The big benefit of the lvl removal from gear is that you can craft a bunch of 70 rares and then go to T6 and kill everything when you are only lvl 18. Combine that with the double kill streak xp bonus and you will be at lvl 70 very quickly.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i am ready to level up to 70 this season whenever it starts who's gonna be *there* (us server today)

last season i did not finish anything i regret.

im going to start and try to main wizard this season as i don't have a wizard in my hero list, at least until i finish all the little quests until guardian i think is the last level set of tasks

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 24, 2023

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Maxroll has a guide if you want to know the most efficient way to get rolling. I'm usually not very efficient but I like to know how and why I'm being terrible https://maxroll.gg/d3/resources/season-start-1-70-leveling-guide

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

So, do I wait till level 18 to run the vault on console to get the gems, or does it not matter?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
oh .. is this season gonna be like.. not group leveling, we're all going solo huh. after reading that leveling guide for todays new season

DarkMatt
Nov 3, 2010
I'm gonna be a filthy casual doing this season start and it's gonna be great.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Group strategies will vary on a group by group basis, I know a lot of them are having 1 guy use the cache to carry the other 3 so they don't have to use it.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Turmoilx posted:

oh .. is this season gonna be like.. not group leveling, we're all going solo huh. after reading that leveling guide for todays new season

Do what's fun and don't worry about it imo!

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

RodShaft posted:

So, do I wait till level 18 to run the vault on console to get the gems, or does it not matter?

I assume it's the same process on console as pc. When you get to lvl 18 do boss bounties (on normal) to get the two diamonds to upgrade.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

RodShaft posted:

You are better off doing the easy boss bounties. I wouldn't burn a goblin amiibo at the chance for diamonds when zulton and magdha are right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
There's a surprise patch getting rolled out currently, update your poo poo so you're not stuck doing it a minute before season start.