Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Philthy posted:

Check this rad rear end artwork.

Artwork kicks rear end and the music does too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
i'm a day late but gently caress yeah new hellripper

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Many moons ago on a Mario Kart time trials messageboard, of all places, I got into a music chat with an English bloke who took the time to make a playlist for me (when I had expressed an interest in branching out from my power metal/hardcore interests as a teenager) and .zipped it up to send it over. Included Bolt Thrower, Cryptopsy and a ton of other death & black bands but most importantly, Dissection's "Night's Blood"

I was already gonna listen to the new Hellripper, but the Dissection mentions a handful of posts ago sealed it. A++, kicked my kids out of the house this morning to blast it on 11

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lmao my wife asked me if i knew about the new hellripper that is all over her feed that is normally cure stuff

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Wow yeah new hellripper rules

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This new Hellripper kicks rear end

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Aoty for me and it's only February. Good poo poo dude, glad to see them growing as a player and songwriter.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Hellripper: It Rips like Hell.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The new Hellripper and new Ulthar give me strength. gently caress yes to both of these beasts.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Finally have time to play the new Hellripper and yeah you guys weren't kidding. This is great stuff.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Philthy posted:

Check this rad rear end artwork.

So.. I kept thinking about these images. I wanted to know more, because this poo poo is mesmerizing. The artist is Ian Miller. He's pretty well known, and he's actually done quite a bit of art that stuck with me growing up as a kid playing Warhammer 40k back when it first came out. He did a lot of gnarly fantasy scifi artwork back then that is so surreal that it would worm it's way into your head forever. I found out he has an art book. It's been out of print and goes for over $300 used..... gutted.

Apparently, I bought a sculpt that was done by Ian Miller a few years back, and it came with a limited 30 edition signed print. I've had this dudes art in my room the entire time. Small. loving. World. If you know 40k, you'll recognize this of what would eventually become the Death Korps of Krieg. Sadly, I haven't painted the sculpt yet.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Fredrik from Anata has been hinting on Facebook at a new album release coming

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Henchman of Santa posted:

Like 90% of the time I find "black/speed" to be a really boring combination after a couple of songs. Should I listen to Hellripper anyway?

Dead Goon posted:

Hellripper slaps.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

always listen to hellripper

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah it was good. Ulthar still wins the week.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Thank you thread for suggesting Hellripper, I saw the ads a bunch for it this weekend and would have passed it by but it in fact, loving rips.
:hmmyes:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
New Hellripper is really really good, so is the new Ulthar.

I can't decide which I like more and good news I don't have to, I'm gonna bang my head equally

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
The guitar tone and just overall mixing/mastering quality on the new Hellripper is fantastic.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I wasn’t impressed with the last Hellripper album but l’ll give this one a listen since y’all say it’s fairly different

I’ve only listened to the one ulthar so far but it’s fantastic

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Killingyouguy! posted:

Power metal is a great gateway drug
The orchestral synths made Dimmu Borgir not too far a leap
From there, well, better black metal

Yeah. On topic, I think I'm gonna go see Watain after all.

Hellripper, Ulthar whaaat the gently caress.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Killingyouguy! posted:

Power metal is a great gateway drug
The orchestral synths made Dimmu Borgir not too far a leap
From there, well, better black metal

The first two Dimmu Borgir albums are still the best. When the lyrics were in Norwegian and loving hilarious.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I've only listened to the Ulthar album with the short songs on so far and it's incredible, absolute riff fest
I never got into Providence so I'm surprised this one took me

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

I've only listened to the Ulthar album with the short songs on so far and it's incredible, absolute riff fest
I never got into Providence so I'm surprised this one took me

I've listened to one of them all the way through and am halfway through the second. They're solid.

I love the art so much though, that I ordered them on vinyl. I have to display that poo poo.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
While I dug Anthronomicon after the very first listen, I commute approximately 20 minutes to work daily. So, I can jam out both sides of Helionomicon in a round trip. So many riffs...

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Blasting the new Hellripper a lot and it's growing on me - I thought the first half was a triumph and the second half was okay to good at first and now I'm starting to like the second half some more.

Put me in a mood for some harder death/blackened thrash also so I've come back to old Skeletonwitch and it still rips.

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn
Holy poo poo the trad metal elements in the new Hellripper have kept it on constant rotation for me since release. That riff around the 30 second mark in the hissing marshes hooked me deep

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Southern Cassowary posted:

Put me in a mood for some harder death/blackened thrash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTFuOD1ljXw

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Doublepost but whatever:

Are you, like me, a huge fan of the stone-cold classic that is Wintersun's self-titled debut? Do you wish there was more of that stuff, maybe with some more blastbeats?

If yes, then listen to this poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlw1md0RfPc

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is Death to All and current Suffocation worth seeing for $30? Kind of jonesing for a show and I recently got over covid so I'm less worried about it.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_nxIZn3f8Y&t=12s
2022 Suffocation live video. Ricky is an absolute beast.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Do not miss Suffocation for $30

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Is Death to All and current Suffocation worth seeing for $30? Kind of jonesing for a show and I recently got over covid so I'm less worried about it.

If you are at all a fan of Death go see DTA, it's an incredible show

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I saw Suffocation last year with Atheist and Soreption in a tiny sweatbox venue in NJ and it fuckin ruled. I'll probably see that show with DTA in Philly this time around. Getting to see Gene Hoglan play should make it worth going on that alone.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Suffocation are fantastic live. Extremely on point. I would not miss them any time they could possibly tour near me.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

This is pretty some loving cool BM, yall oughta give it a spin

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress yes it's worth it. I'ma probably go myself when they get to NYC next month

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

$30 is a loving steal.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Time for new music

Insomnium on non-BC, melodeath
7 H.Target, slam
Azaghal, bm
Megaton Sword, trad
Necrovation, dm
To the Grave, dxc
Morwinyon, atmoblack
Funeral Winds, bm
Big Brave, drone, sludge
Heidevolk, folk
Omega Infinity, atmoblack
Fatal Embrace, meloblack
Enemy of Reality on non-BC, symphonic
Ascension on non-BC, symphonic power
Wretched Fate, dm
FesterDecay, goregrind
Ontborg, melodeath
Total Hate, bm
Frosk, bm
Disgustulent, diablo 2 dm
Crown of Madness, dm
Methchrist, war

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Nordick posted:

Doublepost but whatever:

Are you, like me, a huge fan of the stone-cold classic that is Wintersun's self-titled debut? Do you wish there was more of that stuff, maybe with some more blastbeats?

If yes, then listen to this poo poo:

well someone had to write time ii

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Very excited for BIG|BRAVE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

the new Sarcoptes also dropped and it is really fun. :)