Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

LIGHT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MULTI PASS

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Guillermus posted:

MULTI PASS

NEVER WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/YXcQod7.mp4

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Holy poo poo I forgot this one

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Old man Noah, old man Noah was a decent man
When he went in the lift
Bit a woman in the tit

When he came out of the lift
Took the teeth off of the tit

In Iceland Old Man Noah mostly either drives a soapbox car but breaks the gears due to his incompetence or fails at popping corn causing it to bounce (which I wasn't aware was a failure state)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

teen witch posted:

Thankfully not me, you have some solid posts

Maybe if you're measuring on the bristol scale

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

flavor.flv posted:

Maybe if you're measuring on the bristol scale

Lol gonna try whipping this out in RL, see who jumps

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jaak e pöök.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A C-CASSETTE INTO THE SLOT. ITS GUBBEN NOAK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE LYRICS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN GNAWING SOUNDS WHEN I CHOW DOWN ON SOME drat TITTIES OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST TITTY-BITINGEST ELEVATOR. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT”

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
gooby pls

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I snuck a look at the guy sitting next to me on the train's phone screen earlier. He was chatting in a WhatsApp group called

KONY 2012

Was flattened by a wave of pure nostalgia

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If you suck more than 40 000 dicks in a 24-hour period, you DIE.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Data Graham posted:

Long before Harry Potter became bookona non grata I listened to the audio book and the guy pronounced "accio" as "assio", which sent me on a whole research project where the end result was learning that nobody has any loving clue whether the Romans would have pronounced it "assio" or "akkio" or "aksio" or "fred" or "trans people don't exist"

e: tbc I assumed it was "aksio" as in it was cognate with "access"

It's absolutely "akkio". You can trace the etymology on Wiktionary if you're so inclined. Roman Latin c is basically always English k sound; the whole c = s or ch thing doesn't start until Ecclesiastical Latin has diverged significantly.

Now excuse me I'm off to Sikilia to study the work of Markus Tullius Kikero

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

weni, widi, wiki

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
I did like hearing Roman characters say Warus in that German miniseries on the battle of teutoberg forest. It just sounds so silly compared to a the V sound I always pronounce in my head for any Latin V

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

hefty, hefty, hefty

OwlFancier posted:

weni, widi, wiki

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

While Caesar definitely said w for the v in words, Latin is like thousands of years old and people said v too so do whatever you want ! Who is Caesar anyway

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

euphronius posted:

While Caesar definitely said w for the v in words, Latin is like thousands of years old and people said v too so do whatever you want ! Who is Caesar anyway

He's that dude that invented the Cobb salad. Everyone knows that

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

euphronius posted:

Some hosed up long dead italian

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

PittTheElder posted:

It's absolutely "akkio". You can trace the etymology on Wiktionary if you're so inclined. Roman Latin c is basically always English k sound; the whole c = s or ch thing doesn't start until Ecclesiastical Latin has diverged significantly.

Now excuse me I'm off to Sikilia to study the work of Markus Tullius Kikero

My only question is, is it "ekslesiastical" or "etchlesiastical"

e: VV lmao holy poo poo

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 19:18 on Feb 24, 2023

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Data Graham posted:

If I ever accidentally become a Christian rapper I think I'll pick the stage name Exsleazyastical

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Lobok posted:

I pronounce it like it rhymes with Asiz.

Light!

Edit:

Motherfucker.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Powered Descent posted:

If I ever accidentally become a Christian rapper I think I'll pick the stage name Exsleazyastical

Exsleazyrascal

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it is little known that pontius pilate's famous statement when he displayed the scourged jesus christ, ecce homo ("behold the man"), is in fact a misquotation. as we all know, judas betrayed jesus by greeting him with a kiss, a signal that would identify him to the roman authorities. pilate saw this, and as a notorious prude and bigot, he was was actually saying "icky homo"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

itchy homo

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Riddle me this: why would the third c in a word (that specifically isn't English, by the by; the whole point is to use Greek and/or Latin for reasons you can look up yourself. The English word is tailbone) magically transform into an S when both preceding ones are Ks? Anyway it's pronounced coccyx. E: looked it up and it's actually pronounced coccyyx. Long vs. short vowels in Latin are always a pain in the arse.

My middle school English teacher said that a double c is pretty much always a "ks". The example she used was :flaccid: because a limp donger has the same bendy properties as flax.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Wait it's not "caw-six"?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's so weird that this extremely straightforward pronunciation rule would be confusing to anyone

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Cawchix

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Once again I am asking English to switch to the Cyrillic alphabet if you want to use ш and ч sounds so badly

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also work on my physique but the intent is to look exactly like I do, which is a sack full of butter.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

They're about the same underwater too

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Data Graham posted:

ekslesiastical

Two c's because it's a direct import from Greek where it has two k's.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmC1zYna8Us

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

PittTheElder posted:

The killing curse in Harry Potter is "abra kadabra" with the b's switched to V's. Everything about it is lazy and for babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Borscht posted:

The killing curse in Harry Potter is "abra kadabra" with the b's switched to V's. Everything about it is lazy and for babies

Yeah even if you divorce Harry Potter from every conceivable controversy around its author or political subtext, like just on the face of it the fiction is dogshit and you should be ashamed if you can't own up to the fact that it's dogshit. I might like Marvel garbage but I like it in spite of, sometimes because of, and fully aware of the problems it has. The fact that Harry Potter fans will actively resist doing the same in 2023 is a sign of how terrible they actually are.