Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Facebook thinks I want to see this

I'm sure I've made this comment before, but it's baffling to me that WWE stans always think people would be forced to watch WWE if AEW went under.

I'd just watch more puro & indies than I already do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
At least they're projecting 3 years out instead of "within the next two weeks".

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Bonk posted:

I'm sure I've made this comment before, but it's baffling to me that WWE stans always think people would be forced to watch WWE if AEW went under.

They somehow learned nothing from the deaths of WCW/ECW and completely forgotten that if AEW ever did go away a lot of it's viewers would simply stop watching wrestling entirely.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bonk posted:

They don't know what those are

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

coconono posted:

what if his dad was held hostage by a talking dog with a gun

Tony negotiates his dad's freedom in exchange for a year long TNT title run for the talking dog.

WWE stans claim a talking dog as champ is killing the business.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

They somehow learned nothing from the deaths of WCW/ECW and completely forgotten that if AEW ever did go away a lot of it's viewers would simply stop watching wrestling entirely.

I wouldn't watch WWE, maybe keep watching some japanese wrestling (NJPW/DDT/STARDOM...) but less than I actually do.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Before there was an AEW I watched New Japan and indies. If AEW went away I would watch New Japan, Wrestle Universe promotions, and indies.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I guess I was watching AEW and NXT at the same time for a while, even though it doesn't feel like it, because I stopped watching NXT because of the Velveteen Dream thing, and that happened in 2020, it seems, and AEW started in 2019. So I guess I don't know what I would do, but I'm watching more Nooj right now, I'd like to get into Dragon Gate, hell, I could watch more DPW, there's a big world of wrestling out there.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hit play on this expecting to just close the tab a few seconds in, but it was only 56 seconds long and he only "raps" for about 45 of those seconds.

First line is "ain't nothing worse than a wrestling fan" and, folks, where's the lie!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm literally watching my way through all of wrestling history and I'm still only in 1995 so there's already more content than I could ever hope to watch. AEW going under really doesn't change that much for me

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I hit play on this expecting to just close the tab a few seconds in, but it was only 56 seconds long and he only "raps" for about 45 of those seconds.

First line is "ain't nothing worse than a wrestling fan" and, folks, where's the lie!

I just wanted everyone else on Everything Beast to see the SNOB BE DISSIN graphic and we just ended up playing the whole thing on the show.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

WON awards are out so I suspect we're going to get some prime content for this thread.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vandar posted:

WON awards are out so I suspect we're going to get some prime content for this thread.

Twitter right now is just one big Barney Gumble IT BEGINS! .gif.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Vandar posted:

Moxley proving that all you need to do is blade and have heatless matches with underneath talent to impress the WON subscribers

Guy who had zero great matches, zero great feuds, zero great storylines, zero great moments, zero great segments and zero great promos =Wrestler of the loving Year 😂😂😂😂

IWC logic: Bleeding weekly > Being a mega draw villain in a run of a lifetime

Most of the results are just plain stupid

They are so mad that Roman Reigns wasn't acknowledged when he wasn't even the most over member of his own angle and stable, while Jon in AEWs worst year put the company on hisback when he should've been on holiday and just grinded to ensure the company survived its worst period. While the show around him struggled and most of the main event scene were injured or suspended or gone he loving worked his rear end off. But mah tribal chief.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
saying "underneath talent" means they're a cornette listener, i hate how easily i can clock these guys based on verbiage

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

saying "underneath talent" means they're a cornette listener, i hate how easily i can clock these guys based on verbiage

It's almost as much of a tell as 'outlaw mud show.'

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Anmol_299/status/1628596611374006273

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My fetish is wrestling that loving kicks rear end

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mattkoonmusic/status/1629162849825173507

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Co-host of FTR with Dax Harwood

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How can they watch wrestling with their monocles popping out so much?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Still want to know who the other jobbers named Uno are

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Endless Mike posted:

There used to be a different guy named Player Uno, but I can't think of any others

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Good Uno, Neutral Uno, Lawful Uno, and Chaotic Uno.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Gumball Gumption posted:

They don't know what those are
I'm sure they'd at least know what lucha is, because every time someone in a mask shows up in WWE, their catchphrase is "lucha".

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Fightful's Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic of the Year was MJF's worked plane ticket.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

You can tell they didn't watch the show because that match wasn't even close to competitive, and Moxley didn't bleed until Page came out afterwards.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Facebook thinks I want to see this

Only if followed immediately by BAH GAWD THAT'S THE BUNNY'S THEME MUSIC

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Uno’s win/loss record is better than Mox’s so far this year, can’t believe Uno gave him the time of day.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The fanposts at Cageside Seats can occasionally yield some true gold.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

if roman is still saying Acknowledge Me in 2026 we will know that Vince is still alive and still running wwe. its super corny and already played out.

it's the "please clap" of wrestling

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
From a thread about how Bray Wyatt’s return was a fat load of nothing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cult of Pies posted:

written like a deadlock patreon name

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
I've always wondered why wrestling fans are so vitriolic. I just realised that they think they're "cutting a promo" when they go on weird rants like this, because deep down they dream of being wrestlers. Quite sad if you think about it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

In this essay I will explain how Dave Meltzer manufactures consent for the IWC

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

this kid is nuts posted:

I've always wondered why wrestling fans are so vitriolic. I just realised that they think they're "cutting a promo" when they go on weird rants like this, because deep down they dream of being wrestlers. Quite sad if you think about it

That's just how nerds online talk.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Cult of Pies posted:

The Chris Regal Memorial Thread: Further upon a multitude of things.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I gave myself severe psychic damage reading the WON awards reddit thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

this kid is nuts posted:

Once you hit a certain level of internet brain-poisoning you're basically one perceived slight away from breaking out into an anime villain speech at all times