Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i really hope the armor sets/cosmetics look as cool as they do in all the trailers so far, love that neon-ish aesthetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Roctavian posted:

If you try to date someone and it goes badly, and they lose their memories for whatever reason, it would be predatory to immediately go for it again.

No but like
why is he attempting to date her, in this weird hypothetical of yours?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Do we know for certain that guardians gently caress?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm a guardian and I gently caress

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
There is no way that guardians don't gently caress. Especially Exos.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Roctavian posted:

If you try to date someone and it goes badly, and they lose their memories for whatever reason, it would be predatory to immediately go for it again.

Guardian-Person is literally not the same person as Previous-Human-Person, we had a whole plot line about this in Haunted involving Crow not being Uldren, which is why it would be extra funny for him to date Guardian-Not-Amanda

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Lib and let die posted:

Yes but they’re sterile

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

No but like
why is he attempting to date her, in this weird hypothetical of yours?

It seems to be the narrative that the writers have constructed over the last couple years, up to and including the time they had an argument and then sat in their rooms sniffling and sobbing while looking at the gifts they'd already picked out for each other.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Guardian-Person is literally not the same person as Previous-Human-Person, we had a whole plot line about this in Haunted involving Crow not being Uldren, which is why it would be extra funny for him to date Guardian-Not-Amanda

They proved this in like, a philosophy/ontology way, sure but there's gotta be some kind of HR standards among the vanguard

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Crow: tabula rasa, new ghost who dis, cannot be held accountable for his past but also does not inherit Uldren's kingdom

Guardian Holliday: It's just Amanda w/ Amnesia

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Roctavian posted:

They proved this in like, a philosophy/ontology way, sure but there's gotta be some kind of HR standards among the vanguard

Guardian, come in and take a seat. I hear reports you have been talking to Shaxx about "'wanting to clap Amanda's cheeks."

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Dogg they let the Body Who Killed Cayde hang out in the main office, they are not going to care if someone touches the booby of Used-To-Be-Amanda

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Crow: tabula rasa, new ghost who dis, cannot be held accountable for his past but also does not inherit Uldren's kingdom

Guardian Holliday: It's just Amanda w/ Amnesia

If Guardian Holliday has a southern accent and serves as the ship/sparrow vendor, it's definitely Amanda with Amnesia

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
also he asked her out for drinks after a battleground in S13. If Vanguard HR hasn’t heard about it by now, it’s not a problem

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

could we maybe discuss something other than an npc's boobs please

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Kith posted:

I'm sure Saint-14 has a decent package.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Amanda hasn’t completely forgiven Crow for being the reincarnation of the guy who killed Cayde, right? They’re starting to reconcile but I’m guessing this process will complete in season 20. Then she can get her mind erased and he’s the one who helps her reintegrate into the Tower afterward. It’s like poetry, it rhymes

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

FlapYoJacks posted:

I'm sure Saint-14 has a decent package.

They don’t call him 14 for nothing

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

saw a guardian named Ada-1’s Drip Pan yesterday

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kith posted:

monkey-paw.gif

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Why'd Crow get rezzed anyway?
The Traveler having a laugh at watching random guardians beat the poo poo out of him?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Of course Amanda will die, why else do you think they keep telling us to go pick up unclaimed twitch drops?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Why'd Crow get rezzed anyway?
The Traveler having a laugh at watching random guardians beat the poo poo out of him?

Traveler had a Joker moment

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I think the whole Savathun thing confirmed ghosts have some degree of free will so Glint would be the one to ask, since he did know who Uldren was

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Maybe the traveler is just a dickhead

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Lib and let die posted:

Maybe the traveler is just a dickhead

we JUST got a new thread title

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Traveler had a Joker moment

the entire witch queen campaign is the traveler having a joker moment

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Risen Who Know Their Past Lives But Are A New Dude
- Crow
- Savin
- Cayde-6

Risen Who Know Their Past Lives And Are The Same Dude
- Ana Bray
- Amanda
- Shinobu
- Orin
- Savathun

https://twitter.com/reactjpg/status/1531549452061724672?s=20

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It is wild how their 10 year plan ended up working out despite everything that has happened so far.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I think the whole Savathun thing confirmed ghosts have some degree of free will so Glint would be the one to ask, since he did know who Uldren was
But in the opposite direction, don't they basically have a vibe of "this is what the Traveler wants me to do?" Although I think Fynch suggests some ghosts got roped in on the whole Hive thing through peer pressure.

But if anything, Uldren/Crow makes sense - like, it makes for a good narrative around the "you aren't your past self" stuff and seems to fit in with a lot of the "everyone coming together against the darkness" stuff. Like, I feel like you could argue it's somewhat antithetical to sword logic poo poo.

The Final Shape is the friends we made along the way.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I'll forgive ghosts for being dumb and I'm sure a ghost somewhere at some point tried to revive a cat to no avail.

What I don't understand is why the Traveler let Hive be revived. I played the whole Witch Queen and still don't fully understand that

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Reviving the dead is a slap in the face to sword logic / darkness enthusiasts

It's why smart money is on Risen Rhulk next year

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Risen Who Know Their Past Lives But Are A New Dude
- Crow
- Savin
- Cayde-6

Risen Who Know Their Past Lives And Are The Same Dude
- Ana Bray
- Amanda
- Shinobu
- Orin
- Savathun

https://twitter.com/reactjpg/status/1531549452061724672?s=20

Don’t forget dear old Banshee-44 aka Clovis-43+1, he forgets enough for all of us

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

sure okay posted:

I'll forgive ghosts for being dumb and I'm sure a ghost somewhere at some point tried to revive a cat to no avail.

What I don't understand is why the Traveler let Hive be revived. I played the whole Witch Queen and still don't fully understand that

The Hive (or The Krill, as they were originally) were supposed to be chosen/uplifted by the Traveler. But the worm gods on Fundament (who The Witness sicced Rhulk on) lied to them and told them cataclysm is coming so come and embrace the deep.

Additionally, Savathun apparently has history with the Traveler, there's some codex that heavy implies Savathun was around for the first collapse. The fact she goes on to try to give the traveler shelter in her throne world seems to suggest the traveler knew her intentions. I suspect we'll have more Savathun revelations in Lightfall because a bunch of the trailers ends with Savathun's song. (And she also apparently knew of Neomuna)

It's probably a gambit on the Traveler's part - it will take whatever allies against darkness it can get, and the enemy of my enemy, is Savathun.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

Well Saint-14 and Osris have a thing. I’m not exactly sure how that would work but they manage it somehow.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also I think I need to try another class. I’ve been a hunter since like day 1 but I’m not sure I should have gone that route.

I’m thinking Titan so I don’t die lol

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

You have to spell out the word "Dick", using a combination of orb dunking and that binary puzzle from Wrath of the Machine, before you're allowed your 30 second sex phase.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MarcusSA posted:

Also I think I need to try another class. I’ve been a hunter since like day 1 but I’m not sure I should have gone that route.

I’m thinking Titan so I don’t die lol

misc is in fact the weakest class, yes. that's why their vanguard died

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Don’t forget dear old Banshee-44 aka Clovis-43+1, he forgets enough for all of us

He's not a guardian, that's just exo-dementia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Gotta put on my IK hat here: let's cool it with the horny sex talk people. Thanks