Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Knock! At the Cabin

Did you have High Hopes for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jolo posted:

Knock! At the Cabin

Did you have High Hopes for it?

I mean not all his movies are complete poo poo.......

Old was bad but it had a hilarious scene that was worth the price of admission. Unbreakable is one of my favorite movies ever.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

watched Club Dread, gently caress I love that movie. Also has Steve lemme in brownface for the ENTIRE movie

Trying to find Dorm Daze and it doesn’t seem to be on streaming anywhere despite it being a constant re run on starz or whatever back in the day.

I need a dvd box set of all the lovely national lampoon movies

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

quote:

Fiona: “Play ’Margaritaville’! I *love* that song!”

Coconut Pete: “Darlin', I think you're referrin' to my song "Pina Coladaburg."

Fiona: “No, ’Margaritaville’.”

Coconut Pete: “No, I think you mean "Pina Coladaburg." A little song I wrote seven and a half fuckin' years before ‘Margaritaville’ was even on the map! Of course, you wouldn't know that, 'cause you weren't even born yet!”

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Son of a son of a bitch

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I saw Club Dread in theater when it came out :wal:

I love it, but I'm a sucker for anything broken lizard does

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I feel like the next 24 hours after Woman Talking ends would be very bad.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The songs were incredible. I only half remembered this movie

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

mcmagic posted:

I feel like the next 24 hours after Woman Talking ends would be very bad.

looking forward to the sequel, women talking too

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The thing about Picard that also sucks is that Patrick Stewart should have been doing this show back after he was done with the films in the mid-2000's instead of now. :smith:

mystes
May 31, 2006

He's not doing it now, he's doing it in 2024

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Papercut posted:

The finale of physical 100 was slightly disappointing but also probably about the best you can do with the format. It was a really fun show.

It was really interesting seeing what body types did well. Rock climbers, wrestlers, strong men and most of all Olympic athletes are the poo poo

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
One of the great parts of Poker Face is that it's able to utilize the cache of an in demand writer/director like Rian Johnson and get relatively big name stars who might not normally get the opportunity to work with him, but also might normally be hesitant to commit to a TV series. They get to come in, do maybe a week's worth of work, give incredible performances, and get to say that they got to work with him.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think in addition to being in demand Johnson is also friends with a lot of people and has a reputation for being good to work with.

Anyway this week's Poker Face is easily the best one yet. It's about not-Phil Tippet and not-ILM, except Phil Tippet actually did the stop motion in it and it's loving incredible.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think in addition to being in demand Johnson is also friends with a lot of people and has a reputation for being good to work with.

Anyway this week's Poker Face is easily the best one yet. It's about not-Phil Tippet and not-ILM, except Phil Tippet actually did the stop motion in it and it's loving incredible.

I'm watching right now, and that's really cool to hear. We all need more Phil Tippet.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Ok apparently he didn't animate it but he lent a bunch of his workshop stuff and did stood in for nolte in a couple shots.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
I’m pretty sure his studio, if not Phil specifically, did the animation—they’re credited as animators in the end credits, plus:

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/1628812513583439872?s=46&t=By3oYbcDoTdRpkEuRP69wg

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Is "Cell" the worst Steven King involved movie ever made?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I guess it depends on what you call "Stephen King involved" but some of the Children Of The Corn sequels are loving dire.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Screenplay or his rear end acts in it

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Upsidads posted:

I haven't seen it in a while, but I remember Dreamcatcher being absolutely terrible.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Dreamcatcher is extremely loving bad, that's true, but it's kind of a different bad than something like Cell or Childrens of the Corn 2+.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Salems lot was shot a few miles from my new home I should revisit that

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I remember Dreamcatcher at least being fun bad Cell is very lazy

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Dreamcatcher's a movie where everything is executed reasonably - like none of the performances or design decisions or whatever are incredible but they're all competent at the very least - but also it's just a pile of unsound ideas and very dumb concepts. Just incredibly ill-conceived.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I also was thinking of the cell which is different than cell. The Cell was at least visually interesting and I remember nothing else about it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Dreamcatcher's a movie where everything is executed reasonably - like none of the performances or design decisions or whatever are incredible but they're all competent at the very least - but also it's just a pile of unsound ideas and very dumb concepts. Just incredibly ill-conceived.

Morgan Freeman with a flattop talking to his magic gun is pretty great

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Upsidads posted:

Morgan Freeman with a flattop talking to his magic gun is pretty great

It's such a weird role for him.

Freeman's delivery of this line (1m30s if the timestamp doesn't work) has stuck with me for years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNlPCjYn4-k&t=90s

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Upsidads posted:

Screenplay or his rear end acts in it

Then we've also got to count Sons Of Anarchy. :ohdear:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
His scenes in SoA are good at least!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mcmagic posted:

Knock at the Cabin isn't very surprising or interesting for an M Night Shyamalan movie.

It's surprising how good it is

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
It was based on a really good novel so that probably helps

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm petty sure Dave Bautista can make anything watchable

Which is weird to say since I actually didn't like him at all when he was a wrestler

It's like the opposite of the Rock

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

mcmagic posted:

Knock at the Cabin isn't very surprising or interesting for an M Night Shyamalan movie.

It's surprisingly straightforward for Shyamalan, which also makes the last 20 minutes a sub-mid vacuum.

Shoulda stuck with the book ending tbh.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Upsidads posted:

You're thinking of Langoliers.

I highly suggest people check out some scenes of that poo poo on youtube its hilarious

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shageletic posted:

I highly suggest people check out some scenes of that poo poo on youtube its hilarious

I loved the story when I was a kid and my disappointment when that show came out knew no bounds.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Shageletic posted:

Ummm excuse me Langoliers was amazing with cutting edge CGI

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I loved the Langoliers mini-series when I was 7. That’s all I’ll say.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

New Party Down is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

The trailer looked amazing I’m gonna try to watch this weekend. shiver me Timbers!