Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

a.lo posted:

Somebody give me money

no give me money, i need to buy these

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
remember when there was a goonfund to buy plate carriers fir iraq lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Bernie Sanders/Jess Scarane ftw $69

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what a hilarious time when i guess the us army was just letting civilians buy armor and stuff that they wouldnt pay for

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

croup coughfield posted:

this is legitimately what several people who tried talking to plinkey wanted to avoid. it would not, in fact, be funnier for plinkey to get hosed for trying to do a good thing. i dont understand why this must be explained to you but i am explaining it. its not funny, when things like that happen.

that's my whole point. not everybody attacking plinkey had his best interests in mind or was doing it in good faith--some of them were doing it because lol drama. we can disagree on the percentages all day, but conflating "dude running it like this is going to screw you and the people you want to help, let's make it better" with "this guy's blowing the goon fund on craps and hookers lol" just whitewashes the shitheads and makes the genuine concerns seem less genuine.

it's not actually funnier if plinkey gets in trouble, it's loving terrible for him and the people who need help. the optimal solution would have been "don't let him start the fund without accountability", followed by "try and work with him when the issue was first raised, not after several days of people dragging him and making it clear that a perma was the only resolution".

the problem is that both of those require mods to do their job and welp

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Al! posted:

what a hilarious time when i guess the us army was just letting civilians buy armor and stuff that they wouldnt pay for

lmao a bunch of my classmates signed up for the national guard for extra cash and/or resume stuffing pre-911 and then a few got deployed to Iraq as truck drivers like those folks

the army refused to give them body armor because driving truck isn't front line and you go to war with the army you have not the army you want and basically told them to bring extra poo poo if they want but they're not paying for it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

that's my whole point. not everybody attacking plinkey had his best interests in mind or was doing it in good faith--some of them were doing it because lol drama. we can disagree on the percentages all day, but conflating "dude running it like this is going to screw you and the people you want to help, let's make it better" with "this guy's blowing the goon fund on craps and hookers lol" just whitewashes the shitheads and makes the genuine concerns seem less genuine.

it's not actually funnier if plinkey gets in trouble, it's loving terrible for him and the people who need help. the optimal solution would have been "don't let him start the fund without accountability", followed by "try and work with him when the issue was first raised, not after several days of people dragging him and making it clear that a perma was the only resolution".

the mods always side with the drama goons, it was always gonna end that way

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Azathoth posted:

lmao a bunch of my classmates signed up for the national guard for extra cash and/or resume stuffing pre-911 and then a few got deployed to Iraq as truck drivers like those folks

the army refused to give them body armor because driving truck isn't front line and you go to war with the army you have not the army you want and basically told them to bring extra poo poo if they want but they're not paying for it

lol i remember all the state-side drives to buy armor plates for troops

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Azathoth posted:

Didn't realize you were from South Bend.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

redneck nazgul posted:

the mods are fail, on that we can agree. however, when regular users such as myself and tude tried to have a sincere, earnest discussion with the man, he and his pals in the thread threw such an insane shitfit (including some people in this very thread who still carry the grudge) that it shut down all possible avenues to understanding or improvement. there could be no discussion because it was instantly an us v them conflict in the minds of posters who see secret enemies in every av.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

CODChimera posted:

bro take one single peek at the last few pages of the lepers colony

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Dustcat posted:

he had a system let him win more than he lost.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

croup coughfield posted:

looks fine to me

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Me: enlists July 2001
Mohammed Atta: :allears:

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

croup coughfield posted:

reading the "punishment reason" column is the most sublime torture this hellsite has ever cooked up and that's saying something

don't do this

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 59 days!

Lib and let die posted:

looks fine to me

lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

did trotsky get demodded??

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

did trotsky get demodded??

with an icepick

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

looks fine to me

lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

croup coughfield posted:

needs more Columbos, the kittens are winning

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lib and let die posted:

Didn't realize you were from South Bend.

i would humbly suggest that finding out your national guard contract allows the army to deploy you overseas to an active warzone was a universal experience if you are of a certain age and from flyover country

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

imo gas the "studebt debt forgiveness" thread or at least unsticky it. also gas the rules thread and trump thread tia

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i'm not even being a little sarcastic: making Hootington IK of the Doomsday thread is the smartest thing the mod team has ever done. Long May He Reign.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Al! posted:

imo gas the "studebt debt forgiveness" thread or at least unsticky it. also gas the rules thread and trump thread tia

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Al! posted:

yeah this place is a god drat mess

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol they're so loving gullible

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Al! posted:

cspam demands more lt2k12 posts

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

NHD do your job

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

that was a weird episode of criminal minds

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I'm gonna guess most gamblers have a really good system that works like that

after all, why else would anyone gamble!

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

do not gas the student debt forgiveness thread. keep that poo poo stickied until 2024

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

alarumklok posted:

do not gas the student debt forgiveness thread. keep that poo poo stickied until 2024

...make it sting?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

lumpentroll posted:

NHD do your job

yeah get back to work at the dick sucking factory

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
as their web developer

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

...make it sting?

the pain will only be passing you should survive the process

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i will unite all the cspam clans give me the blue star

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

as their web developer

wistfully looking out the conference room window and day dreaming about being a blue collar dicksucker

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

CODChimera posted:

lmao and if I might further add, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Al! posted:

i will unite all the cspam clans give me the blue star

lead us to kalimdor, warchief