Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah it doesnt work on my phone, unfortunately, it would be nice but i aint paying for a new phone til this ones donezo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Did MD remove the rank equality of the players for event duels? I can face anyone from gold to platinum even though I am silver.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Guess we’re back to “all three loaners suck poo poo” for this event, any recommendations?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Regalingualius posted:

Guess we’re back to “all three loaners suck poo poo” for this event, any recommendations?

My old N/R budget deck of Timelords works really well with some shuffling around. Usually Timelord falls over to anything that even sort of rhymes with 'negate', but it turns out Dark Magician is basically the only deck being run in this event that can actually stop their nonsense as hard as an Imperm does.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Suships are literally untouched for the event :getin:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

I would assume three copies of the dark magician structure deck can be cobbled together to make something decent

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

mandatory lesbian posted:

I already have cydra built, i assume its still playable

I tried this too and unfortunately Nova and Infinity are banned.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Neo_Crimson posted:

I tried this too and unfortunately Nova and Infinity are banned.

Power Bond OTK time

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The Cyberdark deck is basically intact if you happen to own that SD - I mostly copied this from Reddit after remembering I had it built for the first Fusion Festival. If you already have cydra built I imagine you have basically all of this except maybe Cyber Dragon Eternity which isn't really essential.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I wanted to dust off Utopia, but a lot of my usual cap offs were all banned… and they also limited the rank-up searcher, for some reason.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The Cyberdark deck is basically intact if you happen to own that SD - I mostly copied this from Reddit after remembering I had it built for the first Fusion Festival. If you already have cydra built I imagine you have basically all of this except maybe Cyber Dragon Eternity which isn't really essential.

Yeah the problem is i have i cant ever remember the optimum plays for cyberdark haha, and most guides are frustratingly video format when i do best with written word

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
That being said, sometimes 8k beater is all ya really need

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Yeah the problem is i have i cant ever remember the optimum plays for cyberdark haha, and most guides are frustratingly video format when i do best with written word
It's actually a pretty straightforward deck once you're used to it, there's only really one play you can make going first. The fact that there are way fewer handtraps in the format helps a lot. There's basically a chain of 4 cards that you use to search each other, and once you're done with that you end up on Cyberdark Chimera and use its effect to get a Power Bond that can summon Cyberdarkness Dragon. You then equip it with Cyber End Dragon, which fulfills the requirements to summon Cyberdark End Dragon, a 5000 attack monster that's immune to almost everything in a format with no kaijus.

The chain consists of two monsters which can search your spells (Cyber Dragon Core, Cyberdark Claw), and two spells which can search your monsters (Cyberdark Realm, Cybernetic Horizon). To complete your combo you will need one of those four cards (or Cyber Emergency, which can search Cyber Dragon Core), any spell/trap to pitch to Cyberdark Chimera and any "Cyber" monster to pitch to Cybernetic Horizon. Here's an example of the chain, starting with Cyber Dragon Core:
- summon Cyber Dragon Core, search Cyberdark Realm
- use Cyberdark Realm to search Cyberdark Claw
- Use Cyberdark Claw to search Cybernetic Horizon
- use Cybernetic Horizon to search Cyberdark Cannon

Basically you want to go through all 4 of these cards, ending up with a Cannon that can search your Chimera. This should put 3 Cyberdarks in your grave (Cannon, Claw and whatever you sent off Horizon), so if you add on the Chimera and the additional card it sends with its effect you'll have the 5 required to make Cyberdarkness Dragon.

How the chain goes for other starters:
- Realm -> Claw -> Horizon -> Cannon
- Claw -> Horizon -> Core -> Realm -> Cannon
- Horizon -> Claw -> Realm -> Cannon
Note that you will need to find a way to get Chimera to the grave at some point, either by sending one off of Horizon or by linking it off at the end of your combo (after you used its effect, but before you activate Power Bond). Ideally you went through Core and can summon Sieger, but you may also be able to make another random link 2 by using your extra normal summon if you didn't. Also make sure you send Cyber End Dragon to your grave with the effect of Cybernetic Horizon so that you can put it on Cyberdarkness. Also remember that Realm can only search for names that aren't already in your grave, and it can't search Core.

It's not in the list I posted but I think you probably should play a Cyberdark Invasion, it's nice for shutting down a big guy like Accesscode Talker who could otherwise out your boss monster and it's not uncommon to have a spare search in your chain.

Going second your goal is usually to make Chimeratech Rampage Dragon, which blows up your opponent's backrow and attacks for absurd amounts of damage if made with Power Bond. You can use Cybernetic Horzion to send Eternity, which helps protect your Rampage Dragon. If your opponent has nothing you can also just do your going first combo and see if they have any outs to it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

poo poo, i did not expect this much detail, thanks very much :)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah Cyberdarks are fun but boy am i glad theres very few handtraps haha

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah if they have Veiler for your Chimera there isn't much you can do other than hope you opened Overload Fusion.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Learning some unfortunate rulings in testing Morphtronics. Map's summon effect misses timing if you pop it with AFD, because it has a When effect. That explains why no one has ever run it. Psychic Blade doesn't let you pay LP when you activate it with Braver Dragon's effect, so it doesn't gain any ATK. Tragic.

That said, this deck is a lot of fun! Running Hyper Librarian is hilarious because not only do you draw like a dozen cards, but you also gain like 5000 LP over the course of your turn with Telefon.

Also, Double-Edged Sword is such a fun target for Braver Dragon. I just had a game where I ran it into my opponent's Verte, dealing 8800 damage to both of us.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Iserlohn posted:

Learning some unfortunate rulings in testing Morphtronics. Map's summon effect misses timing if you pop it with AFD, because it has a When effect. That explains why no one has ever run it. Psychic Blade doesn't let you pay LP when you activate it with Braver Dragon's effect, so it doesn't gain any ATK. Tragic.

That said, this deck is a lot of fun! Running Hyper Librarian is hilarious because not only do you draw like a dozen cards, but you also gain like 5000 LP over the course of your turn with Telefon.

Also, Double-Edged Sword is such a fun target for Braver Dragon. I just had a game where I ran it into my opponent's Verte, dealing 8800 damage to both of us.

Run smoke grenade of the thief and rod of silenece kayest
Search them out with braver dragon and kayest will auto pop smoke grenade lmao

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I've seen that combo around. I imagine you could finagle a line to Synchro Desert Locust and get another card out of your opponent's hand. Extra Deck space is so tight though and there's really no consensus in lists I've found.

For my Legends build I usually end on Saryuja + Nat Beast + Linkuriboh + Red Hot Dragon Abyss + Bane. Kinda awkward having Saryuja and Bane chilling but I wind up with 2 cards left in the Extra plus Braver Dragon to OTK on the follow-up. Links are safer, but the pay-off's not great in the event. And I wish the deck had any sort of plan B that isn't Accesscode.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Apparently they didn't ban Flying "C" for the XYZ event. I found this out when I got one dropped on me as soon as I brought out Exosister Martha on the first turn of my first game int he event.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dark Magical Circle is one of my least favorite cards ever now

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What if you could only use monsters adjacent to each other as link material

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
ABC Therion Punk is insane with AFD, but it also takes forever to do the whole combo in master duel so I will probably keep using the inferior adventure version lol

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New banlist to hit Runick:

Skios posted:

Apparently they didn't ban Flying "C" for the XYZ event. I found this out when I got one dropped on me as soon as I brought out Exosister Martha on the first turn of my first game int he event.

Now they banned it for the xyz event.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Flair posted:

Should have been additional hits to floodgates, but good. gently caress Runick.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Flair posted:

Now they banned it for the xyz event.

Allure and Freezing Curses probably come from a desire to limit Runick's ability to proactively hammer at its wincon, rather than respond to the enemy as a control deck. Those are the cards where you can use them solely to mill your opponent with no meaningful change, while everything else advances the game state in other ways.

Destruction's probably hit because it's genuinely overpowered compared to the rest of the archetype. It doesn't just smash a backrow card (which your opponent almost always has), it then mills four cards; the only other card in the deck that mills four is Golden Droplet, which gives your enemy a draw.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Well, I guess that’ll make it a little easier to build a Spright hybrid deck

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Freezing Curses is the monster negate, it's one of the 'good' names. Slumber stops attacking and destruction, it's "ok", but has the advantage that you can always play it so it's generally a 3 of. This is a relatively minor hit to make your names a bit worse, they avoided hitting the best card in Runick Tip and one of the three other good ones in Flashing Fire.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
None of the hits matter runick still best deck ever *airhorn noise*

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Just hit 5500 medals in the XYZ festival with Exosisters. Still only summoned 12 XYZ monsters (you need 30 to complete that mission) because everyone is scooping at the first sign of pressure.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
The real best Xyz deck is r4nk zoodiac, make 8 mat Zeus with going 2nd staples and stuff like Xyz import and lost wind.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Syenite posted:

The real best Xyz deck is r4nk zoodiac, make 8 mat Zeus with going 2nd staples and stuff like Xyz import and lost wind.

Just play cute birds and make that number bigger. Or kill before you even need to make your 10 mat zeus

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
And this is why I'm playing blind second Ancient Warriors.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Iserlohn posted:

And this is why I'm playing blind second Ancient Warriors.

Oh cool yeah sick deck, Harpie's Feather Storm?

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, that's not *ideal* but 3 Visits or Tensu gets me two 4's or 8's on board since the 4's send for cost. So I could make Bagooska pass v:shobon:v

I don't know what the birb end board looks like but maybe Sales Ban or Numbers Eveil does something.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Am I misremembering but were we supposed to be able to dismantle UR cards for full value after they banned them?

I am coming back to the game after a few months not playing and the more recent banned cards are worth 10 as normal for me.

Edit: Also how often does TTT come up in Spright? I couldcraft em but havent bothered to use the UR material yet.

Touchdown Boy fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Feb 27, 2023

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The dismantle bonus is a limited time thing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Yeah it's this unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Jeez, what nonsense. I suspected as much at this point, but thanks for confirming it.

I may as well keep the cards in the slim chance they get unbanned later on...