Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Thinking of getting an Aeron Classic, at 6'3" I almost certainly want the Size C right?

Unfortunately I can't find anywhere to try one around here so I need goonpinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

repiv posted:

Thinking of getting an Aeron Classic, at 6'3" I almost certainly want the Size C right?

Unfortunately I can't find anywhere to try one around here so I need goonpinions

I’m 6’3” and at max height the default size is perfect for me. It could vary for you though based on whether your height is in your legs or your torso.

I’ve got a 33” inseam if that helps?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
At 6’4” the C felt noticeably better than the B. Just more support under my thighs, I guess the depth of the seat?

VVV Hey, I’m too fat to be “lanky!”

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 15, 2023

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Why are so many goons lanky fucks

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I measured the distance from the back of my knee to my back while sitting and got 53cm, and the Classic spec sheet says the C seat is 47cm deep, so I guess that answers my question

The B at 43cm sounds far too shallow for me

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

repiv posted:

unless you are fat, the B will be fine.

Wifi Toilet posted:

At 6’4” the C felt noticeably better than the B. Just more support under my thighs, I guess the depth of the seat?

VVV Hey, I’m too fat to be “lanky!”
lmao exactly. the C is for fat americans, not NBA centers

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
The arms expand outwards if you’re fat

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Suppose I should clarify in case people might be basing decisions on my post. I am 240 lbs at 6’4” so fat, but I wouldn’t call myself “American fat.” I certainly had lots of side to side room on the C, but the depth felt better. I could have lived with the B if I had to though.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

The arm rests on my 3 year old Secretlab chair blew apart and its like leaning on bricks, plus its felt like sitting on 2 pieces of plywood for a while, so I used my tax return on an Embody. Its gonna be a rough 3 weeks on my lower back but will be worth it in the end.

The DXRacer I had before the Secretlab chair was just as awful in build quality and comfort. Like me you might try and convince yourself the newer generation of WICKED SICK racing car chairs will be better than your old one but it isn't, they're all the same.

Don't buy gaming chairs friends, they're all bad (and bad for you).

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
How dare you.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
every “secretlab” is actually a wankdungeon

if you absolutely must have a twitch streamer chair, then ask the nice man who is holding on to your passport for safe keeping to buy you a Herman Miller x Logitech Embody

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

every “secretlab” is actually a wankdungeon

if you absolutely must have a twitch streamer chair, then ask the nice man who is holding on to your passport for safe keeping to buy you a Herman Miller x Logitech Embody

I have one of these (Logi Embody) on order and I'm pretty pumped.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I almost went for the Logitech Embody during the sale, but I checked the website on my phone and it said 5 hours left and when I got home an hour later it was all gone. :smith:

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

brainwrinkle posted:

Went with an Embody (Gamer Edition) because it was most comfortable by a good margin. My second choice would have been a Leap because it was also good and far cheaper after discounts.

For what it’s worth, the Herman Miller store’s price for the chair was $100 less than the website’s. My corporate discount didn’t work on the Gamer edition model but the salesperson got me 20% off anyway.

I've had the chair for about a month now. I'm 100% satisfied, it's still very comfortable. TenementFunster was right, Embody is the best.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

TheDK posted:

I have one of these (Logi Embody) on order and I'm pretty pumped.

Welcome to the club. It is the best chair.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

isndl posted:

I almost went for the Logitech Embody during the sale, but I checked the website on my phone and it said 5 hours left and when I got home an hour later it was all gone. :smith:
i was joking about getting the Logitech "collab." just get the regular embody unless you actually are trapped in an Andrew Tate-style streaming slavery bordello

brainwrinkle posted:

TenementFunster was right
you're welcome

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I need the "cooling layer" on the Logi for my sweaty goon rear end

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Are there any actual differences between them?

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Unsinkabear posted:

1) gamer branding
2) sometimes one is a few hundred $$$ cheaper than the other

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Unsinkabear posted:

The Logitech one has more cushion in the seat and has a cooler color scheme.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I stopped by an authorized HM dealer and they are quoting me $1300 for the embody with the option to pick my own color and textile.

Seems like a no brainer? $500 cheaper than online.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Cyks posted:

I stopped by an authorized HM dealer and they are quoting me $1300 for the embody with the option to pick my own color and textile.

The online prices are sky high for suckers (they still tempt me), so I’d say go for it if you want to pay the 1300.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Cyks posted:

That's basically what I paid direct from an office supplier by me. I could tell they don't really deal with one off purchases so I really appreciated they even took my order at all.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I got the Gamer Embody from a Herman Miller retail store for $1,356 before taxes.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

The Logitech one […] has a cooler color scheme.

yeah im sure it matches your RGB array or circa 2002 iMac

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

My embody bought through my employer a couple of months ago cost $1230 before taxes

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

yeah im sure it matches your RGB array or circa 2002 iMac

No it matches my mechanical keyboard keycaps though.

This is just pure coincidence however

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I'm trying to replace the cylinder on my Leap V1 and its going lovely. I can't get the cylinder out of the seat or the base out of the...other base. I can't get the pipe wrench to bite at all, and I was whaling on the base with a hammer for 20 goddamned minutes. Everything stuck in there good.

I'm going to call around to local office dealers tomorrow to see if they have someone who can maybe give me a hand but otherwise I'm at a loss here.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 28, 2023

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

CBD Corndog posted:

The arm rests on my 3 year old Secretlab chair blew apart and its like leaning on bricks, plus its felt like sitting on 2 pieces of plywood for a while, so I used my tax return on an Embody. Its gonna be a rough 3 weeks on my lower back but will be worth it in the end.

The DXRacer I had before the Secretlab chair was just as awful in build quality and comfort. Like me you might try and convince yourself the newer generation of WICKED SICK racing car chairs will be better than your old one but it isn't, they're all the same.

Don't buy gaming chairs friends, they're all bad (and bad for you).

Well, uh, that was fast.

Chair arrived 15 minutes ago after being shipped out on Friday, apparently would have come yesterday if not for the literal foot of snow we got the night before. Still playing with knobs but its immediate how much more supportive and comfortable this is after sitting in the Titan all day waiting for this one to arrive.

So far 10/10, no regrets.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

repiv posted:

Wifi Toilet posted:

Suppose I should clarify in case people might be basing decisions on my post. I am 240 lbs at 6’4” so fat, but I wouldn’t call myself “American fat.” I certainly had lots of side to side room on the C, but the depth felt better. I could have lived with the B if I had to though.

Bit late but I'm 6'5 and 197lbs and I also much preferred the C. Depth better and the side to side room was comfier to me, B was just a little to restrictive and didn't like where the pressure was on my legs.

HM actually have a size guide and it slaps me into the B or C category but 0.3lbs away from the C category.
https://www.hermanmiller.com/content/dam/hermanmiller/documents/product_literature/other/ap_sizefitref_aeron_chairs.pdf

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

HM actually have a size guide and it slaps me into the B or C category but 0.3lbs away from the C category.
https://www.hermanmiller.com/content/dam/hermanmiller/documents/product_literature/other/ap_sizefitref_aeron_chairs.pdf

Yeah I saw that, it's worth noting that the Classic has a different size guide though

https://www.hermanmiller.com/content/dam/hermanmiller/documents/product_literature/other/ap_sizefitref_classic_aeron_chairs.pdf

The one you linked is for the Remastered

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I don't suppose there are any good chairs that are more in the range of like 500 bucks is there? I don't work from home full time, so I don't need the same quality as I have at work

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I don't suppose there are any good chairs that are more in the range of like 500 bucks is there? I don't work from home full time, so I don't need the same quality as I have at work

The immediate thread answer is to get a used $1000 chair from an office furniture liquidator if you have something like that in your area.

If you already know what chair you want, there are online options for this as well.

If you want a new chair in that range, there is probably something that will fit the use case. How many hours per day/hours in a row would you be expecting to use it for?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I'm really only ever in it for a couple hours after work 1-2 days a week, and probably like 8 hours total over the weekend. I've tried looking for a liquidator around here since I'm in a big metro area but pretty much all I've found were still a grand+ or mid height/smaller chairs. I was considering spinning the roulette wheel that is amazon since my work char has spoiled me

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

I really love my secretlab titan evo but everyone else hates it and me so I am not sure. e: (these are regularly on sale for like $100 off so wait for one of those fyi.) Every encounter with my computer is like a super fast race.

Nolgthorn fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 13, 2023

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Nolgthorn posted:

I really love my secretlab titan evo but everyone else hates it and me so I am not sure. e: (these are regularly on sale for like $100 off so wait for one of those fyi.) Every encounter with my computer is like a super fast race.

I know people who like the Omega more than the Titan Evo and it's available directly on their website for $420~ at the cheapest (and I've seen it drop below $400 before). Looks like they're selling out their old stock though so you'd have to get a branded one.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019

I bought a used Herman Miller Aeron at a nearby used office supply store for $500, they had like hundreds of the things.

Even if you can't find the specific chair you're after they probably have something decent enough compared to a gamer chair and you can try them out a bit before you buy.

Lazy Fair fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 19, 2023

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Heads up Embody owners, if you've been wanting a headrest and are willing to part with $189 ($179 if you preorder before April 1), there is finally going to be a solution.

Atlas Headrest's Embody headrest is finally nearing release.
https://atlasheadrest.com/collections/headrest-for-embody-chair

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

.Z. posted:

Heads up Embody owners, if you've been wanting a headrest and are willing to part with $189 ($179 if you preorder before April 1), there is finally going to be a solution.

Atlas Headrest's Embody headrest is finally nearing release.
nyet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Ffycchi posted:

Alera Elusion Series(comes in mid back and high back, It comes in black and white as well.)
Price: $150-300
https://www.amazon.com/Alera-ALEEL42ME10B-Elusion-Mid-Back-Multifunction/dp/B003G4OJK4/
Do not get the series II, I repeat DO NOT GET THE SERIES II, it basically takes away all the ergonomic adjustment that makes this good.

If you're on a budget stop looking. As I've stated in many previous posts, no you won't get "SUPREME SPACE AGE MATERIALS" or a great warranty...It's a chair. Dare I say a good chair. Get a pair of 20$ memory foam armrest covers(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8F9IYC/ if you're too lazy to do the research yourself.) And its a chair that will last you a good amount of time in a good amount of comfort.

One of the big benefits of this chair is its adjustment, My 5'1" 100 pound wife can fit on it. My 6'1" 200 Pound arse can sit on it. My 6'7" 300 pound friend can sit on it(though not recommended? if youre that size id really recommend getting a HM/SC...or a gym membership....You're hitting the edge of what you can do with physics chairs at this point mate.)
Is this a newer version of the above? Avoid or go for it?

Ffycchi posted:

Looks like it. Looks fine tbh.

Thanks, I finally convinced my boss to order one for me at home. It's arrived and there's a warning included saying if it's being used on a hard surface (or a chair mat), I should order soft-tread casters instead of the included hard-tread ones. How important is this? Would it cause enough damage to piss off my landlord when I move out?