Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
If you have the necro expac, you can leverage the early access to Corpse Explosion to go 1-18 in a few mins. Ranteraxx did a video on this but the basics are
- do the challenge rift
- buy any gear with primary stat and vitality for sale in town (including stuff you can put on in a few levels to avoid going back before you hit 18)
- do a bounty until corpse explosion unlocks then kite mobs around and use it to pull big massacre bonuses until 18
-kill magdha until diamonds drop
-use the altar to remove level requirements
-reroll to your class of choice and use the cache goodies to craft a full set of lvl 70 gear, minus jewellery
-rack up 500+ kill massacre bonuses at T6 while cackling
-at 61 buy rings and an amulet from "-the fence" NPCs at town hubs
-drop difficulty a few levels when things slow down here, you'll level faster overall if you're not hung up on mobs that take too long to die

There's a spreadsheet that runs through the optimised order of things to do for each class if you want to totally minmax this poo poo:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJP0vQMWGsDOk8_zizyX9W7GIe-UZ1Q96exuPOtNpWo/htmlview?usp=sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Is there a goon Discord for D3 that you're all hanging out in?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
There's a discord here but it's pretty empty most of the time, even on season start. Our illustrious OP maintainer has never bothered to add the invite to the OP so I guess this is the post for this season.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Like Blizzard themselves, the OP has also been canceled for being a sex weirdo for quite some time so we might need another thread eventually.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

gariig posted:

You are better off doing the easy boss bounties. I wouldn't burn a goblin amiibo at the chance for diamonds when zulton and magdha are right there

I get 4 a day, I'll be fine.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Game is STRUGGLING.

Right on the dot of season start all my buttons greyed out, and now it can't find my list of characters.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
deja vu

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Please understand, small indie developers can't pay for more servers and so the one server is currently undergoing nuclear fission.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
"GAEM IS DAED lol u deserve it blizz"
"blizz why cant i login indie companie"

edit: stuck on retrieving hero list, maybe it's time for some lunch

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
man i'm so fed up with this, i can't wait until diablo 4's surely flawless launch

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Switch flipping flipped the wrong switch instead of the Start Season switch

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I do wonder if it's worth the probable hours it's going to take me (I suck at this game, love it, but suck) to beat the Challenge rift.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Hit 70 in an hour, Season owns

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Mayveena posted:

I do wonder if it's worth the probable hours it's going to take me (I suck at this game, love it, but suck) to beat the Challenge rift.

Look up a walkthrough on YouTube; I hate challenge rifts, and that one streamer Rax makes it simple for me.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
drat challenge rift Necro is squishy as hell

DarkMatt
Nov 3, 2010
i passed out during season start let's goooo

gently caress why are challenge rifts hard? Did it though. Time to get my sippy.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
so 60-70 still feels like an insane slog. was fine on t6 until 60 and now i have to bump it down a lot. havent gotten a greater rift key for the next altar step is there any good way to make this last part easier?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

CBD Corndog posted:

Hit 70 in an hour, Season owns

4 hours in and made it to 67. Giving up. My little switch group spent more time trying to connect to each other than actually playing. Never again. I could have leveled myself up then power leveled everyone else in this amount of time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hit 60 and called it a night. Fun start. Looking forward to messing with the altar some more tomorrow and also remembering his to play this game.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I don't even own Necro, and got the challenge rift done first time. I just used the video guide on maxroll, maybe that'll help others.

Because I'm terrible at the game. I'm at like 63 or so. The no level req gear feels over hyped. I'm still super squishy. Maybe I'm just picking lovely skills on my monk (again, I'm bad at the game). I'm saving my cr cache, since the word was the no req gear made it not matter as much, and this way I could use it earlier for the altar. But now it feels like a waste to use it, heh. And the next cr will probably be out since I'm going so slow.

I should've just played enough to get my cube, then get pl'd to 70 tomorrow in like 30 minutes.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

I'm 8 points into the altar and it owns, 25% move speed and passability is awesome. Just blasting through to objectives and rare packs

Jows
May 8, 2002

My stupid laptop that supposedly has an i7 and a 3070 was getting 20fps on a 10yo game with low gfx requirements in the first place for some reason so I've spent the evening trying to figure that out instead of playing.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Jows posted:

My stupid laptop that supposedly has an i7 and a 3070 was getting 20fps on a 10yo game with low gfx requirements in the first place for some reason so I've spent the evening trying to figure that out instead of playing.

Try turning the sound completely off. There potentially is also a bugged audio dll, I forget which one, that you can swap with the same copy of it from Heroes of the Storm and it'll fix the issue. If that's the issue you're getting. They supposedly fixed it a while ago but I wouldn't count on it.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I haven't played D3 much lately, why do people not use the challenge rift cache at the start?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
this season start was a disaster for me. coming back after skipping one season TO RUSTY

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Akumos posted:

I haven't played D3 much lately, why do people not use the challenge rift cache at the start?

It's a strategy that exists only for this season. The 14th altar sacrifice requires you to burn a challenge rift cache, so if you use it at the start of the season, you'll be stuck there until Monday. You should probably still use the challenge rift cache.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
UnHoly balls, the EU challenge rift is stupid. Necro, with a DH chest piece, Wizard 1-h and a Necro helm that buffs a skill they haven't equipped.

Truly impressive cluelessness on display.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I don't enjoy necro play at all but I figured out the rhythm my second attempt for the challenge rift. Just blow through the cooldowns, toss that giant thing for corpses, succeed

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

so 60-70 still feels like an insane slog. was fine on t6 until 60 and now i have to bump it down a lot. havent gotten a greater rift key for the next altar step is there any good way to make this last part easier?
It might take a few rifts to get to 70, don't feel bad about knocking the difficulty down to get there faster. You only get GR keys by finishing a standard rift boss while level 70.

xZAOx posted:

I'm saving my cr cache, since the word was the no req gear made it not matter as much, and this way I could use it earlier for the altar.
The word was "don't save it for the altar unless you're going to put in 40 hours the first weekend", you'll get way more out of it if you use it now.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Like specifically you need the challenge rift loot to skip to getting higher end gear anyway and unless you're pushing to whatever rank requires a sacrificial challenge rift chest before Monday just use it for Death's Breaths alone

But also skipping a few bounties worth of bounty mats for cubing stuff too

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I forged a set helm to sacrifice but it won't take it. What am I doing wrong.

I haven't really played seriously since season 3? I just hop on and off the game at random. But I found a few guides and got to lvl 70 in just over an hour joining randoms doing bounties and i'm having a blast. Alot has changed. We have no other in game community except LLJK right?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You have to choose which helm to smash from your inventory. It also has to be a class-specific helm.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I played on switch and accidentally only leveled my blacksmith to 11 before creating my not 70 rares. Once the altar node was unlocked everything says level 1 req so I didn't catch it until I couldn't craft a 2h mighty weapon or upgrade a 70 rare in the cube. I thought blizz let some bugs through, but turns out I'm a dummy. Still, it was the fastest and smoothest leveling on console I've ever had. :v: got stupid lucky gambling. Seismic slam bracers, leorics crown and ring, band of might and lut socks. The upgraded mighty weapon was the seismic slam one. It's still carrying me in t6 even with my 6 piece.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

You have to choose which helm to smash from your inventory. It also has to be a class-specific helm.

Oh I thought mine was class specific. I just gotta rng my way into one now?

DarkMatt
Nov 3, 2010
I would just run GRs and dump blood shards into gambling for a class set helm.

DarkMatt fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 25, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hey uh

Where's the altar.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

New Tristram. I had the same problem.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yikes I didn't realize until today how much immunity you get from nonstop whirlwind.
Frenzy barb tanks ALL the hard CCs with his/her face.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
All right, the game is just messing with me now. I had terrible gambling luck to start; my first two legendary wands were the same useless one (the one that decreases Slow Time's cooldown), and I was getting nothing from bloodshards. I finally managed to just barely eke my way into the third Haedrig's Gift, and then the first rift I ran had the event where 20 loot goblins spawn all at once and I came away with like 150 Death's Breath. So I go to do the upgrade a rare to a legendary recipe a bunch, and the very first source and wand were the ones I needed.

squibble
Sep 30, 2003

Are any of you having issues with kill streaks not displaying? I'm not seeing KS notifications and numbers or objects destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
There are no streaks in rifts, is that it maybe?
Open world only. Working fine for me, and the xp is insane. Entire Paragon levels for casually doing ~100 kills.