Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Splint Chesthair posted:

Why are so many right-wingers angry about supposed population decline when they hate like 90% of other people?

In addition to what OwlFancier said, there are two more erasons: Firstly, capitalism cannot survive without infinite economic growth, and it's a lot harder to have (the illusion of) infinite economic growth when the population is shrinking. Secondly, they're specifically concerned about population decline among very specific types of people lest those types be "replaced" with other types...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Splint Chesthair posted:

Why are so many right-wingers angry about supposed population decline when they hate like 90% of other people?

They're scared it'll be them that goes.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Splint Chesthair posted:

They're scared of white population decline, because they're hella racist.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fighting with the Harkonnens against the Heinekens

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
Baron Heineken

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pronounced "Hinnikan"

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Welp, this was inevitable.

https://twitter.com/MikeBaggz/status/1628920884361560066?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

When he said that he would “take the slack out of this business”, he meant it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Marked NSFW, thumbnail shows Melania Trump's butt from an old photoshoot:
https://twitter.com/JonnyBoomer60/status/1629256733976838144

quote:

Trust me pal, she is sharper than you, she can speak five languages, is a good wife and mother, and was a millionaire when she met Trump. You probally sleep in a 72 pinto and eat from dumpsters between homo tricks...lol🤣🤣🤣🤣

That is...certainly a colorful insult.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/katymontgomerie/status/1629236626474795009

How does a single syllable cause someone to melt down this hard?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm old, i have a job, and i was in the army, that means you have to talk to me

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Youtube comment on a celebrity boxing match that made me :lol::

quote:

I should have died years ago so I didn't have to be around for this nonsense. What is going on man!!!!

Also, here's another comment with some, uh, sex advice:

quote:

I'm confused lol every fighter knows that you can't have sex for 6 months prior to any fight tho 😂😂😂😂 Stamina and adrenaline be on 100 × 20 lol trust me I know....so if both parties have been indulging in any substance abuse or sex then I'm not sure which way this gone go....remember folks NO SEX BUILDS STAMINA AND SPEED NO SUBSTANCE ABUSE BRING SPEED AND ADRENALINE. You will NOT LOSE 💪

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

PurpleXVI posted:

Dude nuked his account lmao

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Five minutes after calling a woman slurs and threatening to slap her in DMs: "oh wait, she shared that?!?"

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

"loving explain yourself you bitch" is like the whole thesis statement for most of these guys

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Read After Burning posted:

Never get into a fight with a nun, they will dazzle you with speed and adrenaline

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

no sex builds are how i play elden ring and let me tell you it does not make me any better at the game

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

PurpleXVI posted:

I don't understand what "the" was supposed to mean. Did they accidentally send an incomplete message and dude erupted?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Read After Burning posted:

oh word?

Uh, I mean of course, yes, I've been training all this time!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

credburn posted:

I don't understand what "the" was supposed to mean. Did they accidentally send an incomplete message and dude erupted?

It's implying there's just one singular medical procedure involved in gender reassignment instead of the process involving lots of different things done over an extended period of time. So it's not "the surgery" like the idiot said.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 03:13 on Feb 25, 2023

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

Did this motherfucker just spell "sashay" as "sachet"?!

Rupaul as she announces the winner of that week's lip sync battle: "I'm sorry my dear, but it's now time for you to sachet away."

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

credburn posted:

His use of "the" could imply a singular gender affirming surgery, when in fact there are many surgeries available to people to help with different areas of their body they may be uncomfortable with.

It's a little bit of a nitpick in the sense that it could mean "the specific surgery they were surveyed about" but if the survey is overall satisfaction in the process then it is possible that participants have undergone a series of them conducted over quite a long timespan so the idea that people would have to wait until after their last one to form an opinion is a bit iffy. And they have also possibly undergone non-surgical but not-exactly-casual things like hair removal too so the entire idea that it's a binary Surgical Event is a bit silly.

And of course also terfy types I think tend to assume it's just one event where they lop your willy off with a big chopper and that's it.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Feb 25, 2023

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Oh, okay. I guess I get it. So, is this some kind of rhetorical weapon being used by TERFs in some way?

I have two transgender friends who are going to have surgery eventually. I guess in my mind the whole thing could be done in one go, but no? I'm not a TERF, I'm just ignorant.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

credburn posted:

Oh, okay. I guess I get it. So, is this some kind of rhetorical weapon being used by TERFs in some way?

I have two transgender friends who are going to have surgery eventually. I guess in my mind the whole thing could be done in one go, but no? I'm not a TERF, I'm just ignorant.

I think that'd be a bit much for your body, if you were having top and bottom surgery done. Some people get facial adjustments too, and such.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

credburn posted:

Like the poster above me says, that's a lot for the human body and most are not done at one time. For a trans femme person, they may not do any top surgery. They may not do any bottom surgery, either! My ex wasn't planning on it, and it's still up for debate for me. Some may get laser hair removal or facial feminization surgery, etc etc.

For trans masc people top surgery is common but bottom surgery is less common (from what I've seen). And again, all of these are up to the individual as to what they are comfortable with or want to have done.

That's not even counting plain ol' HRT.

Either way there's no "the" surgery.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Unfortunately you cannot check your body into the garage and ask them to replace the timing belt while they're in there.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

OwlFancier posted:

Unfortunately you cannot check your body into the garage and ask them to replace the timing belt while they're in there.

you can, but you'll probably spend some time in a locked building talking to doctors

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah, there was a lady back in 2010 named Heidi Montag (she was from either a reality show or a soap opera, I forget) who was infamous for having had 10 plastic surgery procedures in one day.

quote:

The surgeries included a breast enlargement, chin reduction, brow lift, nose job revision, liposuction, buttock augmentation, fat injections, and botox.

I remember there was a lot of discussion around "Uh, assuming this is true, maybe we should be looking closer at the doctor(s) involved?" Like it's just taxing as hell on the body; some people get exhausted the rest of the day after getting a tattoo, for example. Not me, I'm built different. :smug:

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 04:48 on Feb 25, 2023

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Got an email today that the newspaper chain I work for is dropping Dilbert immediately. A handful of strips of his had been pulled in the past.

It's not a major chain, but does have a fair amount of papers. It's also not a major reactionary chain, so I expect Adams ain't going to be running very many places soon if mine pulled the plug on him.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Got an email today that the newspaper chain I work for is dropping Dilbert immediately. A handful of strips of his had been pulled in the past.

It's not a major chain, but does have a fair amount of papers. It's also not a major reactionary chain, so I expect Adams ain't going to be running very many places soon if mine pulled the plug on him.
That's long overdue, and in any media other than newspapers would have happened long ago with the poo poo he says.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it’s incredible how long he’s lasted, dude has been a crank for decades now even before this deep swing in the last handful of years. I guess it’s a recognizable name and it’s cheap enough.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Dope. Makes more room for Nancy

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Sluggo is lit

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

TontoCorazon posted:

Sluggo is lit

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

TontoCorazon posted:

Sluggo is lit

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Don't worry, I'm sure Adams will be able to support his lavish lifestyle with his hypnotic powers, like the way he kept his wife!

What's that? Oh...

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Samovar posted:

Don't worry, I'm sure Adams will be able to support his lavish lifestyle with his hypnotic powers, like the way he kept his wife!

What's that? Oh...

Or his son

e:

TontoCorazon posted:

Sluggo is lit

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

TontoCorazon posted:

Sluggo is lit

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

credburn posted:

I don't think so. It just shows that they're ignorant. I suppose it could be used to imply that it's easy to be "tricked" into getting a surgery that you don't really want but I can't imagine that has any real teeth. In any case I think this guy made an off-hand remark he wasn't thinking too much about that in itself isn't really a big deal, but his incredibly overblown reaction is really funny. More people should learn that you can just...not reply to people. Someone said something that feels like a slight but you don't understand what it means? Just ignore it! No one will give a poo poo if you do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Trans people are frequently asked “have you had the surgery yet?”

It doesn’t make sense to use the definite article, but it is used.

What’s more important is that it’s just an incredibly inappropriate question. So it’s a sore spot for many.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 13:01 on Feb 25, 2023