Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!
even with the league lying about jokic’s defence they’re still only at 13th as a team, I should jump ahead of sports media with AI “why jokic needs two superstars” articles ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

13 and getting lucky on opponent 3p%

their regular season drtg is kind of whatever tho Becuase there is one immutable fact. jokic cannot guard a 1-5 pnr so his teams will always be hamstrung in the playoffs*

* assuming a historically normal playoff field, not 202x western garbage

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
denver can't win because their drtg is low [denver's drtg goes up to above-average] like i've always said drtg doesn't matter at all,

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

*in the style of The Offspring's Come Out and Play*

Jokic is overrated

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s both

but yea

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
denver won't succeed in the playoffs but if they do it proves me right.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s an all star PG who can’t carry a team

whatever that’s fine there are lots of those. dame, ja, Steph. I will give him those levels of accolades

3 time mvp (probably unanimous this year )?

yeah overrated

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

only watched the highlights and the sixers win was cool but i still don't think they're really anything close to a challenge for the celtics or bucks

i expect them to get throttled by the celtics tomorrow night

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if KCP and Brice brown carry Denver through some western league slop I won’t be impressed

beat a healthy Phoenix or a healthy east team and I’ll be impressed

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Jokic is a souped-up Bill Walton who seems to be sturdy enough to do this for a while. I don't think he's in the top 50 players of all-time (yet) but he should be in the MVP top three for sure this season.

it's a yearly award not a career summative achievement

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!
jokic was hedging PNRs for one and a half quarters last playoff series until he gassed out lol

even if maga porter jr and Jamal Murray both cook up 20 pieces on the fryers every night Jokic is still gonna be twirling like a ballerina for 20 minutes a game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bill walton was a center

gotta compare apples to apples

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s Steve Nash 2.0

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
pigeonholing workers in specific roles and getting mad when their skills go outside of them is a reactionary anti-labor point of view. same viewpoint i run into when managers think their workers are simply too stupid to take a role in self-managing or doing anything outside of abiding by the workplace dictatorship.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mdemone posted:

Jokic is a souped-up Bill Walton who seems to be sturdy enough to do this for a while. I don't think he's in the top 50 players of all-time (yet) but he should be in the MVP top three for sure this season.

it's a yearly award not a career summative achievement

you say it’s a yearly award but his first two he won were not based yearly achievement

the nuggets were a 6th seed last year for fucks sake lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is the first year he’s deserved votes but there is a historical rule the writers used to follow about consecutive mvps.

they gave up that one too for their boy. or will. they are all openly saying he’s already won tho

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/NElGHT_/status/1628933502988156929

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

three fouls on smart was the call right ?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

he’s Steve Nash 2.0

A seven foot Steve Nash would probably be a really good player, definitely way better than regular Steve Nash

Being tall is very valuable in the sport of basketball

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

he got a tech for flexin

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

A seven foot Steve Nash would probably be a really good player, definitely way better than regular Steve Nash

Being tall is very valuable in the sport of basketball

tall and athletic

tall on its own is whatever. George murisan, Shawn Bradley, jokic etc

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/sandwichedbread/status/1629112614327570434

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Can't have everything (unless you're LeBron)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

euphronius posted:

tall and athletic

tall on its own is whatever. George murisan, Shawn Bradley, jokic etc

I miss Tacko

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron never I’ll win 3 mvps in a row hahah

he’s the best player of all time

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Lebron never I’ll win 3 mvps in a row hahah

he’s the best player of all time

He won four in five years, that's pretty good I think.

Sort of insane that the last one was in 2013, I'm not sure he had even peaked yet at that point.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

4 in 5 is a good point yeah

that’s true

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Azathoth posted:

*in the style of The Offspring's Come Out and Play*

Jokic is overrated

Hey-AY-ay dont pay no mind
He switches on the screen the big rolls and gets a dime

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Vox Nihili posted:

He won four in five years, that's pretty good I think.

Sort of insane that the last one was in 2013, I'm not sure he had even peaked yet at that point.

always a good time to remember the 5peat was broken up by Derrick Rose. lol

he probably deserved it in 08 as well

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

indigi posted:

always a good time to remember the 5peat was broken up by Derrick Rose. lol

he probably deserved it in 08 as well

LeBron should have been MVP every year from 04-05 to 13-14, and there's a decent argument for some of his later seasons too, but the writers literally conspired to give it to other guys because writers from previous generations didn't get that many MVPs and so LeBron couldn't more than they got.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

god I forgot Iverson played 43 minutes per for 82 games in 03-04

then did 42 for 82 in 07-08 at age 32

his minutes/games played for the first eleven seasons of his career are loving insane

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

indigi posted:

god I forgot Iverson played 43 minutes per for 82 games in 03-04

then did 42 for 82 in 07-08 at age 32

his minutes/games played for the first eleven seasons of his career are loving insane

he had that 🐩 in him

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

iverson ruled

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

And a shell of himself at 33, and out of the league at 35. It's crazy how much as changed in a generation regarding minute management, rest, training, nutrition, etc.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he would have been a decent bench SG at 33 but Curry still needed him him 37 minutes a game on a bad team

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what the hell happened to the nets tonight. Turning on to 46 points in the 4th quarter???????

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

In Training posted:

what the hell happened to the nets tonight. Turning on to 46 points in the 4th quarter???????

idk if you heard but they had some significant trade activity before the deadline

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

idk if you heard but they had some significant trade activity before the deadline

sure but this kind of cratering is insane. Well. Theres always next game

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

In Training posted:

sure but this kind of cratering is insane. Well. Theres always next game

i think they should try to sign a veteran superstar player and they might have a chance with all the role players they already have. i wonder if they ever considered this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the suns windows disconnect shot sound always gets me @_@