Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The villain of Shadowbringers does consistently win "favorite FF character of all time" polls in Japan since Shadowbringers came out. Not favorite villain, favorite overall character. Happy for Yoshi-P's success.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Kongming posted:

The villain of Shadowbringers does consistently win "favorite FF character of all time" polls in Japan since Shadowbringers came out. Not favorite villain, favorite overall character. Happy for Yoshi-P's success.

emet-selch ftmfw

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Kongming posted:

Honestly I've been meaning to play ff14 for years now. I just, well, haven't

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

dont let the mmo people get you

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it feels like drifting off into the endless sleep of death.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

elf help book posted:

dont let the mmo people get you

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like it but I'm a freak and one of my best gaming eras was when we had 8 Imps doing Savage raids and getting toxic on voice. poo poo was cash. Now that I quit drugs I'll never sub to FFXIV again

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Maybe I can get the imp static back up when 7.0 drops

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I spent part of the epidemic getting into ff14 since it felt like a good time to. I enjoyed it but also it's an MMO. you'll never be missing out by not playing an MMO, you'll be saving hundreds of hours

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I spent part of the epidemic getting into ff14 since it felt like a good time to. I enjoyed it but also it's an MMO. you'll never be missing out by not playing an MMO, you'll be saving hundreds of hours

shut the gently caress up retard

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

you know, i thought i was having fun playing this awarded videogame celebrated for its beautiful environments and engaging story, but i'm such a miserable little piece of poo poo and i feel like i've just wasted so much of my life and potential that i just cant rationalize having fun gaming and ultimately blame this game for it, as it's just an mmo heh heh and you'll never be missing out by not playing an mmo

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I started a while back (not playing heavily though) and still haven't reached the first expansion lol. huge commitment

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bolverkur posted:

you know, i thought i was having fun playing this awarded videogame celebrated for its beautiful environments and engaging story, but i'm such a miserable little piece of poo poo and i feel like i've just wasted so much of my life and potential that i just cant rationalize having fun gaming and ultimately blame this game for it, as it's just an mmo heh heh and you'll never be missing out by not playing an mmo

this is what mmos do to people

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Bolverkur posted:

Martman fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 25, 2023

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

*as they load me into a padded van* you know, the crafting is fairly loving epic actually.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It's fine you just need to remember to stop playing it when you stop having fun

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

It's fine you just need to remember to stop playing it when you stop having fun

i did this and it worked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The crafting is epic though.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

Yup.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

yeh

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Approaching a high level craft like it’s a 40 man raid… can’t gently caress this up…

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Getting the crafting leaderboard title is the most demented video game thing I've ever done

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

P-Mack posted:

Getting the crafting leaderboard title is the most demented video game thing I've ever done

I never touched the crafting

I joined one of the goon guilds during Shadowbringers and asked in the chat about crafting endgame tank armor for myself and a guy offered to talk to me about it and then just started making it for me while he talked super exasperatedly like I had asked him to do something super inconvenient and acted like I was being rude when I said I had to go in like 20 minutes so I had to sit there longer than I meant to and talk to this dude while he made armor

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I never touched the crafting

I joined one of the goon guilds during Shadowbringers and asked in the chat about crafting endgame tank armor for myself and a guy offered to talk to me about it and then just started making it for me while he talked super exasperatedly like I had asked him to do something super inconvenient and acted like I was being rude when I said I had to go in like 20 minutes so I had to sit there longer than I meant to and talk to this dude while he made armor

When I asked Kongming about crafting I gathered the mats for him and figured itd be like wow where he would just eat the mats and sick gear would come out. When i saw his character change outfits, take out a ball peen hammer and start casting 50 spells and doing critical hit sounds I spent the next 18 months levelling every crafter to max lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

P-Mack posted:

respect dude.

In Training posted:

When I asked Kongming about crafting I gathered the mats for him and figured itd be like wow where he would just eat the mats and sick gear would come out. When i saw his character change outfits, take out a ball peen hammer and start casting 50 spells and doing critical hit sounds I spent the next 18 months levelling every crafter to max lol

lol

I haven't played in like half a decade and now I'm really curious what the crafting is like currently...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sleng Teng posted:

respect dude.

lol

I haven't played in like half a decade and now I'm really curious what the crafting is like currently...

Every patch they make it more streamlined for better or for worse. But I stopped playing after uhh 6.15? First patch after endwalker

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i only did endgame crafting once in 2.0 but it was 100% the coolest thng i did in xiv, five insanely stressful minutes but when i got the hq out of it I screamed irl

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

He's right, though.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

Every patch they make it more streamlined for better or for worse. But I stopped playing after uhh 6.15? First patch after endwalker

ah well. i played through the story for 5.0 but stopped before I really got into crafting again cuz all my friends stopped playing. so I guess that was 4 years not 5. anyways already felt pretty streamlined then but i remember 2.0 so maybe my perspective is skewed

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I was in the goon guild for ffxiv when i played and i finally unlocked glams and got the mats for bikini armor lol. I asked in the fc if anyone could help me so someone was like yeah, come meet at the fc house. I go there and its a lalafell dude. He does his thing, gives me the armor and i thank and tip him. I’m like ah thanks so much, and as I’m about to bounce he’s like try it on. I had no choice but to indulge him lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Hizke posted:

I was in the goon guild for ffxiv when i played and i finally unlocked glams and got the mats for bikini armor lol. I asked in the fc if anyone could help me so someone was like yeah, come meet at the fc house. I go there and its a lalafell dude. He does his thing, gives me the armor and i thank and tip him. I’m like ah thanks so much, and as I’m about to bounce he’s like try it on. I had no choice but to indulge him lol

lmfao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hizke posted:

The one man hornier for video game babes than Hizke...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Hizke posted:

Lol