Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Send him back a blank word document and ask if it is clean enough

Its a lawyer, he will still be upset its not in legal letter length.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I'm literally taking over their PC via Zoom to click the "Track Changes" button off.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Open paint and draw a giant penis just for good effect.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Furnaceface posted:

Its a lawyer, he will still be upset its not in legal letter length.

Legal size paper is basically only used for contracts. It's mostly an anachronism now because before word processors existed, you needed longer margins to write notes.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I'm literally taking over their PC via Zoom to click the "Track Changes" button off.

While you are there set a spelling correction rule so their name auto corrects to something one character off from what it is supposed to be.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Someone who is a lawyer just emailed me and asked me to "send over a clean copy" of a 118-page document I made because it "has track changes on it" and my several emails (with pictures) of how to turn track changes off were too complicated. So, they want me to manually go through and remove all the track changes info because it is on by default in their version of Word.

Just tell them that a printed or leadcast version of the document is not subject to track changes, as are properly monk-scribed parchment manuscripts

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Can't you just remove the changes by copy pasta in the whole thing into a fresh document that will only have one change

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Harold Fjord posted:

Can't you just remove the changes by copy pasta in the whole thing into a fresh document that will only have one change

I'm not encouraging or enabling this in any way and teaching them where the track changes button is.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

have any of you ever seen a sheep give birth

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

a strange fowl posted:

Yes

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
no, tell me more

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
It gets a bit wooly :rimshot:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
no, but ive seen a goats

OR

please don't talk about my birth

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
babby cows come out front hooves first

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

a strange fowl posted:

no, because inevitably all lambings happen at 3am in an unheated barn surrounded by hip deep mud and i don't want any part of that

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Okay.

That is a discussion so common it is equivalent to "is a hotdog a sandwich" to some peeps?

Seems like a pretty clear-cut definition? Also, a weird topic to be constantly arguing with people about.

the core part of an isekai story is the fish-out-of-water aspect of someone going from one life to another, which is very common. even if you narrow it down to the fish being even happier out of water, it's still common. "is inuyasha/the last starfighter/encino man/superman/etc. an isekai" is the anime nerd version of "is die hard a christmas movie". it's similar and fits a very rigidly technical version of the definition, and you could have a productive discussion about the similarities, but you're almost never going to have one with anyone who brings it up.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
the something awful forums is an isekai

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

What percentage of isekais suck

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Fritz the Horse posted:

the something awful forums is an isekai

I was hit by a truck and woke up with an account

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Staluigi posted:

What percentage of isekais suck

99%, like all fiction. and non-fiction

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

I was hit by a truck and woke up with an account

Ah, Graveyard Keeper

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
snow falls on los angeles. the end comes for us all

GhostofJohnMuir fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 25, 2023

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yns5zE5Jf0o

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

where did all the uspol people go

it was like a flock of parakeets flew through shrieking and then were gone in an instant

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Cease to Hope posted:

the core part of an isekai story is the fish-out-of-water aspect of someone going from one life to another, which is very common. even if you narrow it down to the fish being even happier out of water, it's still common. "is inuyasha/the last starfighter/encino man/superman/etc. an isekai" is the anime nerd version of "is die hard a christmas movie". it's similar and fits a very rigidly technical version of the definition, and you could have a productive discussion about the similarities, but you're almost never going to have one with anyone who brings it up.

Technically the Inuyasha manga is more of a regression since the protagonist was sent back into the past, albeit a past where the supernatural was more present and visible than the present day where she came from - though there are elements of the supernatural still to be found in that present day.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

a strange fowl posted:

it was like a flock of parakeets flew through shrieking and then were gone in an instant

they are like an appendicitis pain of our tread, coming and going as it pleases

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

this bing chatbot is pretty good

zone
Dec 6, 2016

cinci zoo sniper posted:

this bing chatbot is pretty good

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

they are like an appendicitis pain of our tread, coming and going as it pleases

I will continue to inflict myself upon this thread until USPol is restored 100% to its former glory.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

I will continue to inflict myself upon this thread until USPol is restored 100% to its former glory.

impressive stamina

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Mods not being transparent about the proliferation and concentrations of USpol posters in an increasing amount of threads, even neighboring subforums are seeing increased levels of dark souls and weed posts.

I'm told that these are dangerous forever posters, and the micro-lurkers are everywhere.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
snip

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 25, 2023

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Did anyone ever dig deep to find out who the tubgirl is like they did with the goat man?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lib and let die posted:

Did anyone ever dig deep to find out who the tubgirl is like they did with the goat man?

the matter seems to be a bit too runny for digging deep

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

Lib and let die posted:

A human female experiencing gastro-intestinal distress while in perhaps the least efficient and ergonomic position. Being in a tub was a good move, but she really should have removed her socks.

It's not USPol posting though, the pastel would make her rear end cheeks look even more pale. OTOH getting washed out does seem appropriate for the situation she's found herself in.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

It's fine though?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Harold Fjord posted:

It's fine though?

fwiw you all can post about me as much as you want, I'm not some piece of poo poo coward like some people

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Thought you were joking, but its true.

So of course my chud relatives that live there immediately start making facebook posts like "So much for global warming, huh? :smug:" and I remember why no one has visited them since the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

a strange fowl posted:

We went home. It’s not the same home but it works.