Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

feelix posted:

Nobody deserves to go hungry but I have to strain pretty hard to empathize with people with such an overinflated sense of their own importance

Imagine a professional computer toucher saying this about literally anyone lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kingo Ligma posted:

Imagine a professional computer toucher saying this about literally anyone lol

lol

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I think you might be a moron

By asking the question "will this break anything" they display infinite more intelligence than Elon.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

You think sometimes when is real quiet, he still hears that crowd booing him just ever so softly in the back of his mind?

I do.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

As someone who has posted regularly on this dead gay forum for like 15+ years, I'm telling you these people need to get off Twitter.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

which absolute idiot is fuckin up my algorithms???

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

which absolute idiot is fuckin up my algorithms???

prolly me. sorry bout that

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FoolyCharged posted:

By asking the question "will this break anything" they display infinite more intelligence than Elon.

Yeah I don't assume it will, but Elon's pissing in systems and making arbitrary changes without evaluating how they all interact first.

It's not that hard to gently caress over interwoven systems pulling from shared code and API's if you're an idiot like Elon.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
New ai-procgen-show idea: elon reading jokes seeded from /r/standupshots, then it cutting to him getting booed by the Chapelle audience

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Actually the world does not need more elon musk poo poo

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
The only contribution Elon Musk should be making to the world is his funeral

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah I don't assume it will, but Elon's pissing in systems and making arbitrary changes without evaluating how they all interact first.

There is probably no one left who could do such an evaluation. If there was anyone capable of doing that in the first place, the number of possible interactions between systems and users may as well be infinite.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

biznatchio posted:

A viking funeral but its a tesla that spontaneously sets on fire instead of a boat/flaming arrow

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Dragonstoned posted:

Also the song is about lovely toxic male behaviour (catcalling and being disrespectful to women in general)

So its actually on point for Elong because he "let the dogs out" by unbanning all the alt-right shithead misogynists

So I went and looked up the lyrics.

https://genius.com/Baha-men-who-let-the-dogs-out-lyrics

The song is actually about women calling men "dogs" for their disrespectful and overly sexualised behaviour.

I mean, sure it's probably been used by thousand of dickheads to bodyshame women. But the song itself seems to be the opposite of what we assume it's about.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

biznatchio posted:

You're fired.... you're fired

Kale
May 14, 2010

People were talking about the trending feed or whatever being broken on twitter nowadays but for me it just distinctly reminds me of topics and posting styles that were constant on Trumps old twitter feed around the time he was president. Just very obvious RT produced Russian propaganda activity to try to discredit and make Putin enemies look as bad and terrible as possible and a bunch of single name+national flag emoji sockpuppet accounts going on endlessly about Right Wing boogeymen like Biden, Trudeau, Macron, Zelensky etc.....being terrible and identifying with some far right party somewhere in the world. It's just Elon once again boosting right wing bullshit and not an accident of just the site falling apart IMO. It wouldn't be that consistent at least from what I've witnessed.

If you want to hear how super awesome and courageous Vladimir Putin is for taking out American bioweapon labs in Ukraine or whatever and how despicable and awful and bumbling incompetent his enemies are twitter seems to be the place to go now if you don't feel like just throwing on Fox News or your countries local right wing propaganda equivalent.

Kale fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 25, 2023

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

If he didn't he would crash the tweety backend because it can't handle him blocking all the haters, just like the SA of yore! :lmao:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:drat:

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

lmao this is awesome. it's even funnier that he's so scared of AI when his brain has basically already been hacked by Twitter's algorithms to the point that he's constantly sweating over how big he can run his numbers. if he weren't so racist (you just know this motherfucker tells people he listens to all music "except Rap and Country") he'd have heard and taken to heart Rule #4 of Biggie's Ten Crack Commandments.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Wasn’t that his idea? Didn’t he say something about that previously, like it was his idea for the algo along with using people who pay for Verified/Blue as the signallers for trends and ranking replies. If lots of people have someone blocked they rank lower…
I can’t find it now because he’s said so many dumb things about twitter it’s hard to find a specific thing.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

DRINK ME posted:

Wasn’t that his idea? Didn’t he say something about that previously, like it was his idea for the algo along with using people who pay for Verified/Blue as the signallers for trends and ranking replies. If lots of people have someone blocked they rank lower…
I can’t find it now because he’s said so many dumb things about twitter it’s hard to find a specific thing.

I remember that and it definitely was his idea*

*he stole from one of the few remaining staff who had to shart out ideas on the spot or be fired.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Disturbing.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It owns that how poo poo as jack was as a person regarding the worst people on twitter, that the current lead is literally a junkie obsessing over all the worst aspects of being a serious twitter power via constantly checking his views and impressions and likes every day compulsively to see how many people like him and has made a hell of his own making.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Is twitter running like garbage for anyone else these past 3or 4 days? It literally takes a full 10 seconds to load a tweet after clicking on it in the thread.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Regardless of this particular interpretation, isn’t this literally what the alt right groypers and pepe avatars and british TERF squads have done for years to get leftists banned? Mass reporting, mass blocking, sockpuppet accounts…

I am sure leftists have done it too, but this is just a goose/gander sitch, the gently caress

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
And the pro-Putin shilling continues!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1629417851890159616?cxt=HHwWgMC-yee57ZwtAAAA

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1629416397100011521?cxt=HHwWgsC-xZDl7JwtAAAA

I get the racist stuff, the cringy edgelord humor poo poo, and also his Covid onsense, but why is this such a thing with him?

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 25, 2023

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

koshmar posted:

Is twitter running like garbage for anyone else these past 3or 4 days? It literally takes a full 10 seconds to load a tweet after clicking on it in the thread.

Lol, its falling apart little by little.
Notifications are all hosed up. Dms sometimes dont update till you refresh the whole page. Feeds dont update for like 10 seconds and then suddenly do, making you lose track of what you are currently looking at.

This machine is rattleing so hard its throwing off parts and Elon fired all the mechanics who kept it together

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 25, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Some people may say it is to cosy up to authoritarian regimes like china to sell cars but really it’s just because he is a reactionary fascist shithead who slobbers over strongmen assholes like putin.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Musk getting sloppy. He actually gave credit to this terrible meme:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1629536065164922880?s=20

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mearshimer's already pretty much completely disgraced so this is just the final nail in his reputation's coffin.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

E the Shaggy posted:

it's ok, he follows it up with his usual transphobia

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

E the Shaggy posted:

I dunno guys... This Elon Musk might just be an idiot

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Are we seriously loving calling a webcomic strip "a meme" now

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

big black turnout posted:

Concerning

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

big black turnout posted:

"epic", no less

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
It finally happened. I've always made sure to never click on anything right wingy on any site, because I don't want that junk in my algorithm. Just got a recommended tweet from some chud with 160 followers. Cool website

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Professor Wayne posted:

It finally happened. I've always made sure to never click on anything right wingy on any site, because I don't want that junk in my algorithm. Just got a recommended tweet from some chud with 160 followers. Cool website

Those are all that's left. You fix it by deleting your Twitter account.

.random
May 7, 2007

What’s the latest “5D chess” argument making the rounds? Or have even the musk fanboys given up on thinking this is some sort of next level genius play?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1629555338495107072

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol spending $44 billion to get cancelled by siding with the dilbert guy