Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lmao

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
James: You were a decent moderator. Improvements that come with experience happen gradually but not to this extent. Something inside you, it shifted. What was it?

Hallucination: Go on kid, say my name. SAY. MY. NAME.

Jeff: LARRY!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Azathoth diving out of the building as it explodes behind him, generic rock riff playing

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Well I just spent two hours reading all the whining nd man there are a lot of goons for whom these forums are the most important thing in their lives

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

man there are a lot of goons for whom these forums are the most important thing in their lives

Well I just spent two hours reading all the whining

speng31b
May 8, 2010

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Woke up and ugh, even I don't wanna read all this poo poo. Congratulations Jeffrey, you cursed me of QCS

speng31b
May 8, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Congratulations Jeffrey, you cursed me of QCS

don't fix this typo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Oh lol they took down the announcement and now I can't find the buttons to phone scroll.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

lobster shirt posted:

i hate that im going to go to sleep and wake up to 5000 posts and multiple users banned

speng31b
May 8, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh lol they took down the announcement and now I can't find the buttons to phone scroll.

just use LC links

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A hit dog will holler, eh :troll:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Perfect, thanks

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I wouldn't say the forums are the most important thing in my life by a long shot, but this website has been my internet home for like 20 years so I do have a strong emotional attachment to it and I want it to do well and the people on it to be happy

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Reading all 400 posts from last night and emptyquoting the good ones

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

I wouldn't say the forums are the most important thing in my life by a long shot, but this website has been my internet home for like 20 years so I do have a strong emotional attachment to it and I want it to do well and the people on it to be happy

There was a notable lack of cspam posters, fwiw

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
But like this:

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

it wasn't cute or funny and it shouldn't be turned into a joke, it actually loving sucked.

Over a mass five-day probe …… jeez get a grip

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vyelkin posted:

I too wish to see the forums prosper. I will shitpost to a brighter future

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

vyelkin posted:

idgaf about cspam. i want to support jeffrey. i dont know what hes doin but hes lovin it, that im certain of. this is the tankie authoritarian impulse. he is dear leader

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I think it'd be cool if instead of having nothing but hate and anger towards the user base, the admins instead loved these forums and loved posting.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
thats new testament man. jeffrey is an old testament webmaster

speng31b
May 8, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

I think it'd be cool if instead of having nothing but hate and anger towards the user base, the admins instead loved these forums and loved posting.

i really do believe at this point that they only opened that new feedback sub to honeypot the posters they didn't like for further bans and permas for sass

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

But like this:

I'm very sympathetic to the anger over Jeff's mass thread probe and I told him as much at the time, because even for those of us with healthy and happy social lives outside the forums, the forums are still one part of our social life where we post with friends and the holidays are a nice time to be with your friends. Like from my perspective I wasn't able to post about the busiest time of the Premier League season with my friends because like 80% of them were on probation and some of them never came back afterwards, which made me very sad, and I know the football forum is hardly the only place on SA with a similar story

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

speng31b posted:

i really do believe at this point that they only opened that new feedback sub to honeypot the posters they didn't like for further bans and permas for sass

welp

vyelkin posted:

I'm very sympathetic to the anger over Jeff's mass thread probe and I told him as much at the time, because even for those of us with healthy and happy social lives outside the forums, the forums are still one part of our social life where we post with friends and the holidays are a nice time to be with your friends. Like from my perspective I wasn't able to post about the busiest time of the Premier League season with my friends because like 80% of them were on probation and some of them never came back afterwards, which made me very sad, and I know the football forum is hardly the only place on SA with a similar story

yeah more and more posters aren't coming back.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

But like this:

Can't believe this has to be said in C-SPAM, but imposing American Christian traditions on the world is bad.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

What's the SLA on a tier-2 poster/admin grievance filing?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

speng31b posted:

Pragmatica and Athanatos at least seem sincere about wanting to make this work, but Vlad the Impaler of YOSPOS definitely invited his enemies over for an apology thread yesterday evening.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Yeah there was a post somewhere in that feedback thread in PYF that listed the posters who never returned after getting caught in that mass probe crossfire. Many of whom had been around for quite some time.

It's a death by a thousand cuts kinda thing, yeah it's hardly the worst thing to happen on these forums but to me it's a bigger bummer to see plenty of good posters leave over an extended period of time due to a consistent stream of smaller dumb things instead of one big inciting incident causing it.

(To say nothing of how it wasn't the holidays for everyone; personally that was the busiest work week of the year for me! I might not have been caught up in those mass probes but the places I frequented definitely felt quieter.)

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Is the DND war thread mod getting demodded new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

speng31b posted:

Is the DND war thread mod getting demodded new?

cinci stepped down about a month ago