Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

Oh wow 200 posts in three hours I guess there's been some big developments in the war

the posting war, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
ukraine's posting front collapsed, retreating gbs posters are scorching the forums behind them as they flee

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

speng31b posted:

I think what gets me about this is that you'd think DND with their pedantic rules of absolutely all places could handle it.

DND mods basically training in the hyperbolic time chamber for a year to hand out sixers faster than anyone in the universe. How could they be defeated so easily

human wave tactics

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Not reading any of that in the poop thread

Instead, I still laugh when I think about Putin falling down some steps, breaking his tailbone and involuntarily filling his pants with poo poo.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Tafferling posted:

Then they aren't really nazis, are they?
"Excuse me herr kommandant, I shouldn't actually be scheduled for the gas chamber because being jew isn't even my top 20 issue!"

I still remain strongly unconvinced about the presumed nazification of Ukrainian society.

quote:

TIME CODES
0:00 Intro
2:48 Origins of right-wing Ukrainian nationalism
5:03 Ukraine during Soviet times
8:32 Ukrainian collaboration with Nazis in WW2
14:27 Ukraine after the Soviet collapse
16:43 Post-Soviet right-wing nationalisms & historical revisionism
21:23 Understanding Ukraine’s far right factions
27:50 Is the US arming neo-Nazis in Ukraine?
33:44 Azov Battalion infiltration of military
38:21 Media whitewashing Nazis
49:48 2014’s contribution to rising far right
58:30 Far right threats against Zelensky
1:06:26 Boon to the global far right
1:11:07 Broken NATO promises to Russia
1:19:55 What alternatives did Putin have?
1:25:46 Threat of a more militarized Germany & Europe
1:39:51 Where to follow Tarik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C7DE2KFJHs

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

John Charity Spring posted:

GBS posters are merely 'little cspammers'. we are one people

ive been saying this, we should open our hearts and defeat the mods together

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Tafferling posted:

Instead, I still laugh when I think about Putin falling down some steps, breaking his tailbone and involuntarily filling his pants with poo poo.

Bump

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

I've seen that many of the people in this thread are genuinely evil. The people saying it were right to say it.

speng31b posted:

can you provide some specific ratings and reviews? which posters are the most evil and why. scale of 1 to 10

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tafferling posted:

That's fine, fellow traveler. The longer you remain in this thread, the more Putin Radiation will sink into your DNA. After one week of exposure, you will have no thoughts about Putin except for his soft lips and delicate hands.

1stGear has issued a correction as of 14:50 on Feb 25, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Tafferling posted:

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1628438965068890112?s=20

why do gbs people have such an obsession with poopy pamps

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

John Charity Spring posted:

GBS posters are merely 'little cspammers'. we are one people

cspammers are not descended from degenerate GBS orcs, but from noble lfers who died fighting for the right to send death threats to presidents

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Also I'd recommend(not really) going onto the various full on nazi forums, like 4chan/stormfront etc. Plenty of them arguing that Jews aren't a problem anymore since they isolated themselves in Israel. They're seen as a partner in the quest to dominate the globe(akin to how Japan was to the Third Reich even though they were Asian). Lots of arguments about how Jews are helping keeping the Muslims tamed etc. It's disgusting and shouldn't be surprising.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don’t want to shock anyone, but I think the other threads may be haunted

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

crepeface posted:

It’s about humiliation

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Ardennes posted:

As I said, they prioritized the modernization of their other tanks because it was simply more cost efficient. The t-14 exists, but they shifted budget priorities, probably because of the Donbass conflict.
The T-14 exists? Yeah that's about the best thing you can say about it.

The most modern tank that Russia has in quantity is the T-90 and that is pretty much an upgrade of T-72. It can't even use the modern ammo that was developed for the T-14 because of dimensions. Look what happened during the Gulf War when Iraq used T-72s against Abrams tanks. The Abrams platform might only be 10 years younger than the T-72 but the US has poured obscene amounts of resources into keeping it competitive. Now you are saying the modernization of tanks is more cost efficient? Russia is "modernizing" T-62s. In all fairness putting a thermal sight on to a T-62 isn't that bad of an idea but it won't do poo poo making the tank more survivable against Leopard 2, Challenger 2, Javelins and NLAWs. Russia can't make competitive modern military equipment and you trying to pretend otherwise is loving bizarre.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
lol he's going to keep on bringing up that poop thing because this thread was one of the suggested alternatives when the mods closed down his snuff film haven and he's extremely upset about it. He's going to have to go off-site now for his daily allotment of videos of foreign people getting their legs blown off by a land mine

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Budzilla posted:

Russia can't make competitive modern military equipment and you trying to pretend otherwise is loving bizarre.

lol

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Tafferling posted:

:hmmyes: that was pretty great.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Budzilla posted:

The most modern tank that Russia has in quantity is the T-90 and that is pretty much an upgrade of T-72. It can't even use the modern ammo that was developed for the T-14 because of dimensions. Look what happened during the Gulf War when Iraq used T-72s against Abrams tanks. The Abrams platform might only be 10 years younger than the T-72 but the US has poured obscene amounts of resources into keeping it competitive. Now you are saying the modernization of tanks is more cost efficient? Russia is "modernizing" T-62s. In all fairness putting a thermal sight on to a T-62 isn't that bad of an idea but it won't do poo poo making the tank more survivable against Leopard 2, Challenger 2, Javelins and NLAWs. Russia can't make competitive modern military equipment and you trying to pretend otherwise is loving bizarre.

you're trying to act knowledgeable about tanks but comparing the export T-72s used in Iraq with the T-72B3s and newer that are most of the ones being used by Russia now is like saying that the M1A2 Abrams is poo poo because the original M1 was widely disparaged

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Homeless Friend posted:

all this african talk has reminded me of when they kicked black ppl off trains when people fled kyiv

not many people know this but they kicked the indians off the train for different reasons. We tend to sit on top of the trains, not ride inside the cars.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what do the people on top of the trains do when there is a tunnel

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
I've been lurking this thread for a year and now it's looking like the gunfight at the end of High Plains Drifter

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

euphronius posted:

what do the people on top of the trains do when there is a tunnel

they go into the low prone position

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
It is vitally important to them that they be viewed as the adults in the room, so they reflexively infantilize anyone who disagrees with them by an inch.

Don't ask what they do with literal infants.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i like that russia has taken inspiration from nvidia and reset the tank numbers

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Beating African students trying to leave a warzone is actually good because

I did like that video of the Nigerian guy being interviewed and laughing when they tried to get him to join the Ukrainian army

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Minion of Freya posted:

It is vitally important to them that they be viewed as the adults in the room, so they reflexively infantilize anyone who disagrees with them by an inch.

Don't ask what they do with literal infants.

It would be nice if they read a book first

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Budzilla posted:

the US "poured an obscene amount of resources" into afghanistan and got owned by guys in sandals. this is a war won on manufacturing and production, and the neoliberal US military industrial complex is about extracting as much grift as possible.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

crepeface posted:

Between you posting “Here’s why it’s actually ok for Russia to lob cruise missile civilians” and Al-Saqr posting about how everyone should hit the gym I have to say you’ve made my loving morning.

It’s great to be back cspam!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Also Piergos are fine there is pretty clear overlap with Vareniki. At least for me, it is difficult to have a hardened opinion about either, I mean they are dumplings.

Well the difference is in the name, varenik is boiled/steamed so it does have like a soft white dough like a dumpling.

Perog is baked and has a brownish a crust more like a pie.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Budzilla posted:

Yeah, I guess you haven’t read this thread but literally all of that has been covered from every angle before. I suggest starting from the beginning and typing t-72 in the thread search.

The t-90m is a competitive tank and the T-72BM3 is a very different variant than stripped down Ural using steel cored ammo from the 1960s. Also, yes, the Russians have new ammo that can deal with Western armor and everyone has got issues with ATGMs.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 15:01 on Feb 25, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kronix posted:

Between you posting “Here’s why it’s actually ok for Russia to lob cruise missile civilians”

who posts that

I assume you meant at civilians

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

crepeface posted:

the US "poured an obscene amount of resources" into afghanistan and got owned by guys in sandals. this is a war won on manufacturing and production, and the neoliberal US military industrial complex is about extracting as much grift as possible.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-navy-applies-lessons-costly-shipbuilding-mistakes-97446982

Case and point. Multiple generations of failure in shipbuilding because of high tech grift in the MIC. Now the people on top are terrorized of the idea that chinas navy has caught up in a decade after the US had over half a century of lead and dominance.

It is not just the navy. Scratch at the veneer on the surface and you'll find every component has stories like this

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

kronix posted:

Between you posting “Here’s why it’s actually ok for Russia to lob cruise missile civilians” and Al-Saqr posting about how everyone should hit the gym I have to say you’ve made my loving morning.

I’m posting from practice as of a minute ago 😎

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

euphronius posted:

who posts that

I assume you meant at civilians

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

OhFunny posted:

The Wagner troops have taken Yahidne and Dubovo-Vasilevka. Ukrainian forces have pulled out of later after the Wagner troops took the high ground north of the town. The way is now open to Khromove and the final supply road into Bakhmut.

The Russian Army is pushing forward toward Krasnohorivka and Pervomais'ke in what may be an attempt to encircle the city of Avdiivka.

euphronius posted:

thank you for the maps

sincerely

Also good lord gbs is this what that thread was like all the time? Wtf is even the point?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

kronix posted:

i dont think i said that OP

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Ardennes posted:

It’s about humiliation

You see, it's all about perspective.
It's not funny humiliating a hobo with soiled pants, that makes you a jerk.
It's funny when it happens to a murderous ex KGB warmonger.
That Biden pratfall was p funny too, I'm not picky.

At the same time I might be miffed about Ukraine's best government practices during peacetime but that went all out of the window after this loving russian invasion.
Substitute Ukraine/Russia with Iran/USA as needed to prevent the usual "bbbut the Us of A!!!!" whining

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
gbs poop thing is just because theyre really bad at posting

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

OhFunny posted:

The Russian Army is pushing forward toward Krasnohorivka and Pervomais'ke in what may be an attempt to encircle the city of Avdiivka.

A more zoomed out map to show where the advances are in relation to each other and the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Tafferling posted:

You see, it's all about perspective.
It's not funny humiliating a hobo with soiled pants, that makes you a jerk.
It's funny when it happens to a murderous ex KGB warmonger.
That Biden pratfall was p funny too, I'm not picky.

At the same time I might be miffed about Ukraine's best government practices during peacetime but that went all out of the window after this loving russian invasion.
Substitute Ukraine/Russia with Iran/USA as needed to prevent the usual "bbbut the Us of A!!!!" whining

Let’s be honest, it isn’t really about Putin, it is about the Russian people themselves and a lot of posters have been making that quite explicit. I mean this thread doesn’t even like Putin (surprise) but it isn’t really about him and the relationship between the US and Russians as well as the rest of the former Soviet Union.

——

Taking the heights around Donetsk are easier said than done but certainly it would create a weak point in the Ukrainian line that may setup larger operations in the south. The AFU really doesn’t want to be in a situation where they are forced to give up their last of their most secure fortifications.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 15:12 on Feb 25, 2023