Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

MarcusSA posted:

Is awesome

its true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Violen posted:

a peak behind the curtain of the admin forum...

(enable audio, if you would)

https://i.imgur.com/XkiZSMu.mp4

im also sharing this a third time because im shameless and also im still lowkey annoyed my timing was so bad on posting it lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i hope this thread still acts like a watering hole for most of the sagas thread regulars even given everything going down. it'd be a massive bummer to lose the majority of that crowd to chat with

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Violen posted:

i hope this thread still acts like a watering hole for most of the sagas thread regulars even given everything going down. it'd be a massive bummer to lose the majority of that crowd to chat with

Yeah I agree.

I didn’t realize that the OP of a thread couldn’t change the title lol.

RIP: Larry

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i have been playing banished recently, after like a six year break. kinda fun.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

MarcusSA posted:

RIP: Larry

oh well nevermind then lol

that was a fun 30 seconds of sentiment

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

i have been playing banished recently, after like a six year break. kinda fun.

banished is real nice because it's harrowing sometimes but way more relaxing and lowstakes then most survival city builder sims. I like frostpunk but the stress is a bit much sometimes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I played more Elden ring today. I’m not good at the game but I sure do enjoy it.

Current situation

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Famethrowa posted:

banished is real nice because it's harrowing sometimes but way more relaxing and lowstakes then most survival city builder sims. I like frostpunk but the stress is a bit much sometimes

yeah i like the vibe because i mostly play games to relax and its nice to just have a nice settlement go through the seasons and grow. the music is very relaxing too.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i am sick as poo poo with bronchitis and it sucks that czech pharmacies don't stock anything useful without a prescription. no nyquil, no 'tussin, no nothing.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i am sick as poo poo with bronchitis and it sucks that czech pharmacies don't stock anything useful without a prescription. no nyquil, no 'tussin, no nothing.

This is why I get periodic Care packages from Canada. You gotta prep.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

This is why I get periodic Care packages from Canada. You gotta prep.

yeah, i had stocked up, but my wife caught a nasty bug from customers a few months back and she wiped out my stash. my sister is gonna visit in the spring with a re-up, but instead, it's time for punč, i guess? 'cause lord knows theraflu is bullshit and it ain't like uncle's homemade slivovica is gonna make it worse.

NoiseAnnoys has a new favorite as of 11:27 on Feb 25, 2023

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I played more Elden ring today. I’m not good at the game but I sure do enjoy it.

Current situation

I keep wanting to mod Elden Ring just for giggles but then I get busy playing fighting games or FFXIV

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Playing gow ragnarok. It’s okay. I dislike the enemy bracketing stuff so that the same enemies are impossible or easy depending on your gear stats: which don’t feel like they change anything they just shift what bracket an enemy is rather than your damage changing in any real way. If an enemy has a yellow hp bar they are fine and if they have purple then you do 0 damage and get one shot. Shift your gear slightly and now you can easily beat them without anything fundamentally changing except the scaling. Doesn’t feel very satisfying.

The combat engine is decent but feels like half the enemies and encounters were not designed to work well with it. All the elves and lizards suck rear end. They should also pull the camera back a bit in combat.

I’m playing on give me no mercy so that’s colouring my experience a bit I guess. But considering the actual move sets and such aren’t that tough I feel it’s the other stuff I mentioned that’s the issue.

Probably going to play some hollow knight later. Been doing radiants off and on for the last year and have most of them now

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

NoiseAnnoys posted:

That’s crazy! When I was in England it was weird as poo poo to be able to get codeine over the counter.

Sorry friend I hope you feel better.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

That’s crazy! When I was in England it was weird as poo poo to be able to get codeine over the counter.

Sorry friend I hope you feel better.

thanks friendo. made a hot toddy that seems to help, just fitfully napping with the cat while the wife is at work trying to figure out why everyone on this site is losin' they drat minds.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's because of certain undesirables among the posting population, if you believe gbs

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it's because of certain undesirables among the posting population, if you believe gbs

cool, normal stuff.

unreleated, anyone play iron tails? is it good? i dig the art style (like mouse guard meets the witcher) and it's on sale.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

kinda fitting that you mention the witcher, because that game's narrated by the guy who voiced geralt lol

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Violen posted:

I keep forgetting its here, for whatever reason that thread tag just doesn't stand out enough.

Also it's sad how slow every single forum is right now. Honestly just kind of waiting for the next probe or something that's not from a fun IK and I'm probably gone.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

I keep forgetting its here, for whatever reason that thread tag just doesn't stand out enough.

Yeah I guess I took it for granted that the OP could change the title and tag.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

playin metroid prime and got spider ball, wavebuster, and ice beam so far this morning

everything looks so beautiful and the new dual stick controls are perfect

s-tier remaster imo

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
On the bright side I just made it past bone hydra with the fists for the first time ever

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV47UK5ThV8

Thought about this song while taking a shower

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i got a bit peeved when the bone hydra in hades got renamed. it took away some of the gravitas i felt the hydra was owed

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Wait what was it originally called

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Gotta run an in-person D&D game for like 9 players today and I haven't got poo poo written down besides some hastily scrawled stuff on a notepad like "cannibal?"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

Wait what was it originally called

if it's currently "bone hydra" or whatever it'll get a new name at some point once you beat it repeatedly

TheSwizzler posted:

Gotta run an in-person D&D game for like 9 players today and I haven't got poo poo written down besides some hastily scrawled stuff on a notepad like "cannibal?"

sounds perfect, make the party figure out who in town is a cannibal

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

if it's currently "bone hydra" or whatever it'll get a new name at some point once you beat it repeatedly

drat, I have never noticed the name changing. I know it changes colors and attacks but somehow have missed the name.

I've beaten it tons, but I loving suck with the fists and the gun so this was a first for the fists. At theseus and minotaur now, but even if I get past them my run is not good enough to get out.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

haha what posted:

playin metroid prime and got spider ball, wavebuster, and ice beam so far this morning

everything looks so beautiful and the new dual stick controls are perfect

s-tier remaster imo

Just picked up this and three hopes, lookin forward to both

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

had something in mind where I'd be doing a "The Thing" deal where I send texts to players when they're being impersonated and change their goal to luring the other players into being alone

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
lightning flashes outside, illuminating the dimly lit inn. it reveals nine dour patrons nursing their drinks

one of them is cannibal
seven of them taste delicious
one of them is wearing a cursed ring that causes the wearer to explode violently if their flesh is consumed

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

WarpDogs posted:

lightning flashes outside, illuminating the dimly lit inn. it reveals nine dour patrons nursing their drinks

one of them is cannibal
seven of them taste delicious
one of them is wearing a cursed ring that causes the wearer to explode violently if their flesh is consumed

The ring bearer is the cannibal

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I just got off a sesh of Like a Dragon Ishin after not being able to play much for the past week and I just love this series. Brawler seems a bit weak, though, wonder if I do something wrong.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Looking forward to Trislosher getting a kit that isn't pubes

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Anyone get into Darktide? Other than STO probably my favorite goon gaming group was killing rats

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

TheSwizzler posted:

Anyone get into Darktide? Other than STO probably my favorite goon gaming group was killing rats

I played it a bit when it first came out, but it's pretty samey with the mission types so limited and felt like there was way too much waiting for things to load - the missions ran fine, but I think I once had a load screen go like 5 minutes after a mission before I was back on the ship and could do anything other than cycle Imperium propaganda quotes. I'll probably give it a revisit after a few more updates.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I played Like A Dragon Ishin and knocked out the main story in two days. It's a great game, and it goes off the rails in the best way possible near the end, but the minigame/substory situation is pretty weak so now I'm replaying Yakuza 0, which is also a great game.

The decision of having all the Ishin characters just be modern day Yakuza characters with different names is buck wild but it made it a lot more enjoyable for me, cause I couldn't wait to kick Kuze's rear end again.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

I played Like A Dragon Ishin and knocked out the main story in two days. It's a great game, and it goes off the rails in the best way possible near the end, but the minigame/substory situation is pretty weak so now I'm replaying Yakuza 0, which is also a great game.

The decision of having all the Ishin characters just be modern day Yakuza characters with different names is buck wild but it made it a lot more enjoyable for me, cause I couldn't wait to kick Kuze's rear end again.

I played like an hour of Ishin then it occurred to me I still haven't finished Yakuza: Like a Dragon and well, long story short, I'm gonna be playing that for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

IGgy IGsen posted:

I just got off a sesh of Like a Dragon Ishin after not being able to play much for the past week and I just love this series. Brawler seems a bit weak, though, wonder if I do something wrong.

I'm feeling the same way about Brawler, but I see Tiger Drop up ahead in the skill tree, so I figure once I get that it'll be a powerhouse again (except when I gently caress up)