Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

who won’t be back are all the funny posters who make the site worth visiting

yea, it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

there are plenty of funny posters out there but there were some really funny posts made yesterday that cost $10 to make and at a certain point it doesn't sound worth it to this gamer

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
like even if they undid all the bans back to December none of those people will ever come back

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

catching upon the SAD drama, lauughing at the one goon whos entire grievance is the front page not working posting about it in every thread

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

A Bakers Cousin posted:

yeah seems like its all over the place also lol

lol i clicked one of them randomly and it was a guy saying CSPAM was full of Soros conspiracies

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

uh oh the admins mistook their internet janitor job for being forum cops. again.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ran through the goonjira tickets, printed out the report, and filed it away in the drawer. Admin put me on a PIP, or Performance Improvement Plan for you non tech scrublords. If I don't scrawl PERMABAN on all these OPs, scan to pdf, and index the 6 required fields, and forward it up the chain for approvals then I'm gonna be next on the forums layoffs chopping block.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

jeffrey of cspam

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
wb

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

catching upon the SAD drama, lauughing at the one goon whos entire grievance is the front page not working posting about it in every thread

I couldn't tell if that was a joke post or not he was so mad

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Best SA weekend in a long minute

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

I’m glad the food poisoning I have kept me awake all night to witness it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

AnimeIsTrash posted:

DEAR FURRIES WE WERE WRONG is like the statue of liberty torso in planet of the apes

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'm Lowtax, and you are too - no, he's the two of us, together. Where we post today? We built it. This story, this legend, we built it.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speng31b posted:

I couldn't tell if that was a joke post or not he was so mad

hes made 3 threads about it and posted about it in a completely unrelated qcs thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025215

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025226

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4025287

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

lmfao at how this has all shaken out over the last 24 hours

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
new qcs is even shittier than i imagined

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
As forums purges go, this was a very mild one.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

angerbeet posted:

tbf you get diminishing returns after nearly two decades of the administrators running people off the site

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

angerbeet posted:

it hasn't even been 24 hours lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
and all the threads are closed

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i call him jeff

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

tristeham posted:

new qcs is even funnier than i imagined

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jeffrey of cspam

Welcome back.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Srice posted:

there are plenty of funny posters out there but there were some really funny posts made yesterday that cost $10 to make and at a certain point it doesn't sound worth it to this gamer

whole lot of permas flying around for something that's supposedly only done after much careful thought and deliberation

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jeffrey of cspam

i was disappointed that you did not name your parachute 32-bit Butt-Head

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

vyelkin posted:

i was disappointed that you did not name your parachute 32-bit Butt-Head

i was going to but decided not to at the last minute lol

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

angerbeet posted:

according to people claiming to know these things, it's different because they're getting all the "funny" ones

i don't get it, i think self immolating while calling people slurs might only be incidentally funny, but the ones saying this really seem to believe it so on some level i think we gotta trust em

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

im starting to think closing that gbs thread was a bad idea now we got the psychos here

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

HallelujahLee posted:

im starting to think closing that gbs thread was a bad idea now we got the psychos here

no it owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

HallelujahLee posted:

balls in your court cspam

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

speng31b posted:

they mean leon

I know. Idk if he deserves a permaban. I do think he should have got slapped for the editing of his posts thing.

At this point I've talked with the mods about him, his posting in the thread, and how I feel. I also explained to them that after he embarrassed himself and hosed off for a week the thread was not as toxic and people who hadn't been posting for a bit came back. When he started posting again they quit. He is essentially probe per post now and if egregious enough with his bullshit will be hit harder.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

HallelujahLee posted:

They're going to get bored in a couple of days or whenever the mods make GBS War Thread Mark 3: Surely This Time It Won't End Up Racist.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

HallelujahLee posted:

theyre so funny, look at their rap sheets

1 of them flat out said that ukrainians were worth more than black/brown refugees because of their white skin

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

HallelujahLee posted:

I thought the psychos were in D&D tho, I should check a random GiP UK/R thread

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

theyre so funny, look at their rap sheets

1 of them flat out said that ukrainians were worth more than black/brown refugees because of their white skin

:kstare:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

I know. Idk if he deserves a permaban. I do think he should have got slapped for the editing of his posts thing.

At this point I've talked with the mods about him, his posting in the thread, and how I feel. I also explained to them that after he embarrassed himself and hosed off for a week the thread was not as toxic and people who hadn't been posting for a bit came back. When he started posting again they quit. He is essentially probe per post now and if egregious enough with his bullshit will be hit harder.

i think itd be funny to permaban him just because but there is no reason to do so

what he does is so embarrassing that even people outside of the politics forums have started to notice

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i was going to but decided not to at the last minute lol

32X Butt-Head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its funny i guess but man they really are brain damaged