Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Snuff Melange posted:

long time no see, partner o7

o7 :bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

oh no

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh no I got so trashed I can't do the task

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm going to bed, Trashed Crew judge please consider this effort worthy of your attention

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Manifisto

Rarity posted:

Oh no I got so trashed I can't do the task

impossible!

Rarity posted:

I'm going to bed, Trashed Crew judge please consider this effort worthy of your attention

awww . . . but nighty night soldier!

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

TASK 7 JUDGEMENT DAY

I really enjoyed those, thank you all so much. I've decided to be as true to the show as I can so please listen to the following audio format judgements... in reality i enjoyed the h*ck out of all of them but of course need to be a bit critical and snarky or it wouldn't be taskmaster would it

Charlie B:
Submission: https://voca.ro/1iDdIJg9bv60
Judgement: https://voca.ro/1eJRRV2gaK2r

Snuff Melange
Submission: https://voca.ro/13E6aLwXLRGC
Judgement: https://voca.ro/1mpwsVhmL4kK

Biosterous
Submission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNQnjbp_asE
Judgement: https://voca.ro/1jJB5QmnaUjd

Manifisto
Unofficial submission: https://vocaroo.com/1zIg6BQ1RrZM
Unofficial judgement: https://voca.ro/1hZsfASFOEiJ

edit: edited to add the submissions alongside the judgements for convenient clickery

alnilam fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 25, 2023

ty manifisto

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION*

Alright so here's the deal. As a relatively new SomethingAwful newbie, and an infrequent BYOB poster, I was unaware of crang before now. For that reason, I sought to take as few liberties as possible in deviating from the recipe -- far be it from me to say I know a crang cocktail better than the good regulars of BYOB.

I did have:
Water
Fruit juice

and that's it.... Replacing lemon juice and apple cider vinegar is fruit cocktail juice (and a few fruits within) and white vinegar, respectively.

Because I'm a masochist, and also because I feel one could argue my timezone / schedule has given me a bit of an advantage so far in having ample time for most tasks, I'm cranking up the difficulty a little bit with a drop of Da' Bomb Beyond Insanity hot sauce. Those familiar with the contraband sauce will know that one drop is typically enough to add heat to an entire dish, for example a bowl of chili. Wings coated in the stuff have been a mainstay of Hot Ones as the 2nd or 3rd worst sauce in the ramp-up for many seasons now. Screeching in at 135,600 scoville units, that puts Da Bomb at equivalent to roughly a Habanero, for whatever that's worth.

I also tried not to skimp too much on the vinegar, as much as it goes against my better judgement. Finally I added a banana garnish for flair, and then fed some banana slices leftover to my guinea pigs.

I await the next task / part two of this task with severe trepidation for obvious reasons... :ohdear:

Snuff Melange fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 25, 2023

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:stonk:

alnilam

ty manifisto

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Cràng cerise au chocolat.

1 oz leftover homemade drambuie
1 oz strawberry blood orange vampire margarita mix
1/4 oz sour pink lemonade concentrate
1/2 mug sweetened coffee
ice cubes, listen to your heart
Fill 3/4 way of blender container with cola, ignore separation/congealing/curdling, its your imagination, was there milk in that coffee? Shh its trashed time

Blend until desired consistency, in my case smooth and frothy.

Well, what's it like?

Its a sweet and delicious chocolate cherry crang flavour, you could totally hide more booze in there but im all out except for good scotch and we know about that hell. Enjoy!

edit: oh jesus god what did they drink above me

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 25, 2023

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

alnilam posted:

TASK 7 JUDGEMENT DAY

I really enjoyed those, thank you all so much. I've decided to be as true to the show as I can so please listen to the following audio format judgements... in reality i enjoyed the h*ck out of all of them but of course need to be a bit critical and snarky or it wouldn't be taskmaster would it

:hai: Thank you judge, and impressive of you to record in front of a live studio audience. They were kettle Jalapeno chips!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

y-you drank yours??

Charles Bukowski

Snuff Melange posted:

y-you drank yours??

Yeah it was delicious. Trust me, it didn't curdle.

(the curdled whathaveyou blends together to add to the froth, its great. im going to finish the blender.

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

TASK 7 JUDGEMENT DAY

Charlie B:

Snuff Melange
Submission: https://voca.ro/13E6aLwXLRGC
Judgement: https://voca.ro/1mpwsVhmL4kK

Biosterous
Submission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNQnjbp_asE
Judgement: https://voca.ro/1jJB5QmnaUjd

Manifisto
Unofficial submission: https://vocaroo.com/1zIg6BQ1RrZM
Unofficial judgement: https://voca.ro/1hZsfASFOEiJ

edit: edited to add the submissions alongside the judgements for convenient clickery

lmao and lol and thank you for some outstanding judging alnilam! please don't be a stranger, come by and judge us on the reg, when you can sneak time away from BBs and job! so great to see you here tho.

ty nesamdoom!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

I'm really liking Bukowski's choice of blending the drink too, super good. I should also note for posterity that I DO plan to include a few ice cubes in mine, loose/whole, but my drink is festering in the freezer until further notice. Gotta give myself maximum odds of getting it down.

Charles Bukowski

alnilam posted:

TASK 7 JUDGEMENT DAY

Charlie B:

Yeah I had a bunch of things ready to clang for the solo but I felt they didn't add to it as much as another verse I added instead. You got to hear 2 bbq lighters hit the kettlebell though as a parting rimshot instead. Also yes, that was a weed device, and trust me it was definitely involved in the song, you heard it the entire time. Cheers!

Manifisto

thanks for your submissions friends! the drink making part of the task is now CLOSED. part 2 of your task is to drink your cocktail and provide a trip report!! Buk you jumped the gun but that's okay!

I will be joining you with my own unofficial submission:

The "You've Got To Be Kitten Me Crang-tacular"

3 parts tangerine flavor italian soda
1 part bourbon
dash of sherry vinegar
dash of Peychaud's bitters
garnish with: 2 crangberries, 1 piece of preserved lemon, 1 fresh curry leaf, and a kitten!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Oh, provide your trip report by 6:45PM!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Manifisto posted:

thanks for your submissions friends! the drink making part of the task is now CLOSED. part 2 of your task is to drink your cocktail and provide a trip report!! Buk you jumped the gun but that's okay!

I will be joining you with my own unofficial submission:

The "You've Got To Be Kitten Me Crang-tacular"

3 parts tangerine flavor italian soda
1 part bourbon
dash of sherry vinegar
dash of Peychaud's bitters
garnish with: 2 crangberries, 1 piece of preserved lemon, 1 fresh curry leaf, and a kitten!

what the hell that looks really good, I want one. Adorable kitten garnish
alright here goes nothing, sec

Charles Bukowski

You think I was joking about round 2? This time it's bananular phone time in honour of Snuff.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION*

Well I have a lot of thoughts. As everyone might expect, it's not good. But! It's about half as bad as I thought, which is still pretty bad, but not absolutely gutchurning.

I went for it one big chug because I could kind of smell vinegar and I was real uneasy about the proposition of drinking it slowly or in multiple swallows or whatever. It went down okay, and I opted to not drink the fruit or banana garnish that fell in. Sue me.

On the downside, there's a definitely burn in my stomach and my lips DO tingle lightly from the Da Bomb sauce. Fortunately I'm somewhat innoculated to a drop or two, but its weird having hot lips from a cocktail shot.

Overall, not actually as bad as I worried. I'm drinking some water now to be safe, and the aftertaste does linger.

Manifisto

TRIP REPORT for "You've Got To Be Kitten Me Crang-tacular"

the tangerine soda did a lot of the heavy lifting here, it already had elements of sweet, sour/bitter, and fruitiness. but it did not have the delicious signature tang of crangberries, which elevated the cheap bourbon a ton! I couldn't really taste the curry leaf so I don't know if it added anything, but I think both the vinegar and the bitters (I went very light on both) added complexity to the overall flavor. the very salty preserved lemon packs a real punch, but I don't think it changed the flavor of the drink much.
for something conceived in the space of probably two minutes, it came out pretty good, honestly I'd have another. sadly no weed in this cocktail, will have to think of some way to rectify that in future iterations.

ty nesamdoom!

Charles Bukowski

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION
I posted enough pictures of drinking this stuff.

So I'm most of the way through my 2nd of this (i chugged the remainder from the blender after i poured the 2nd, so i guess im on my 3rd) and my mind has changed a little bit. At first it tasted like a sweet vaguely fruity cherryforsomereason chocolate (cuzz da coffee) with a lot of foamy sweet froth. But the thing is you really need to slam it otherwise the blending which saves the drink starts to reverse as it warms and it separates again. Yeah don't add milk to your coffee if you're going to add it to a cocktail with booze and sour/sweet fruity acidic poo poo, its like my obsession with cola milk/pilk but thats another story.

Long story short after the initial sparkle wears off, it tastes like you're the second person to drink what was once a passable cocktail but someone decided to lean over you while you were sleeping with your mouth open and BABY BIRD BABY BIRD

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION
I posted enough pictures of drinking this stuff.

So I'm most of the way through my 2nd of this (i chugged the remainder from the blender after i poured the 2nd, so i guess im on my 3rd) and my mind has changed a little bit. At first it tasted like a sweet vaguely fruity cherryforsomereason chocolate (cuzz da coffee) with a lot of foamy sweet froth. But the thing is you really need to slam it otherwise the blending which saves the drink starts to reverse as it warms and it separates again. Yeah don't add milk to your coffee if you're going to add it to a cocktail with booze and sour/sweet fruity acidic poo poo, its like my obsession with cola milk/pilk but thats another story.

Long story short after the initial sparkle wears off, it tastes like you're the second person to drink what was once a passable cocktail but someone decided to lean over you while you were sleeping with your mouth open and BABY BIRD BABY BIRD

really selling me on the grossness of it now, blegh

Charles Bukowski

I'm sorry, at this stage in my life I just post and if its even relevant to the topic at hand, amazing. Gonna be honest I've posted submissions only half understanding the tasks.

Manifisto

. . . aaaannnd SCORES FOR TASK 8

Snuff Melange posted:

Alright so here's the deal. As a relatively new SomethingAwful newbie, and an infrequent BYOB poster, I was unaware of crang before now. For that reason, I sought to take as few liberties as possible in deviating from the recipe -- far be it from me to say I know a crang cocktail better than the good regulars of BYOB.

I did have:
Water
Fruit juice

and that's it.... Replacing lemon juice and apple cider vinegar is fruit cocktail juice (and a few fruits within) and white vinegar, respectively.

Because I'm a masochist, and also because I feel one could argue my timezone / schedule has given me a bit of an advantage so far in having ample time for most tasks, I'm cranking up the difficulty a little bit with a drop of Da' Bomb Beyond Insanity hot sauce. Those familiar with the contraband sauce will know that one drop is typically enough to add heat to an entire dish, for example a bowl of chili. Wings coated in the stuff have been a mainstay of Hot Ones as the 2nd or 3rd worst sauce in the ramp-up for many seasons now. Screeching in at 135,600 scoville units, that puts Da Bomb at equivalent to roughly a Habanero, for whatever that's worth.

I also tried not to skimp too much on the vinegar, as much as it goes against my better judgement. Finally I added a banana garnish for flair, and then fed some banana slices leftover to my guinea pigs.

I await the next task / part two of this task with severe trepidation for obvious reasons... :ohdear:

Snuff Melange posted:

Well I have a lot of thoughts. As everyone might expect, it's not good. But! It's about half as bad as I thought, which is still pretty bad, but not absolutely gutchurning.

I went for it one big chug because I could kind of smell vinegar and I was real uneasy about the proposition of drinking it slowly or in multiple swallows or whatever. It went down okay, and I opted to not drink the fruit or banana garnish that fell in. Sue me.

On the downside, there's a definitely burn in my stomach and my lips DO tingle lightly from the Da Bomb sauce. Fortunately I'm somewhat innoculated to a drop or two, but its weird having hot lips from a cocktail shot.

Overall, not actually as bad as I worried. I'm drinking some water now to be safe, and the aftertaste does linger.

I think this entry demonstrates how improvisation can help tackle the most unlikely of tasks. couldn't find any crangberries I guess, but they're not in season right now so I'll let that slide. the banana garnish I think really helps the drink (by distracting attention from the other ingredients) and the hot sauce elevates the drink to a proper challenge. which also made the trip report portion more interesting! well conceived and executed, five points.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Cràng cerise au chocolat.

1 oz leftover homemade drambuie
1 oz strawberry blood orange vampire margarita mix
1/4 oz sour pink lemonade concentrate
1/2 mug sweetened coffee
ice cubes, listen to your heart
Fill 3/4 way of blender container with cola, ignore separation/congealing/curdling, its your imagination, was there milk in that coffee? Shh its trashed time

Blend until desired consistency, in my case smooth and frothy.

Well, what's it like?

Its a sweet and delicious chocolate cherry crang flavour, you could totally hide more booze in there but im all out except for good scotch and we know about that hell. Enjoy!

edit: oh jesus god what did they drink above me

Charles Bukowski posted:

this entry really played up the Trashed Crew angle, which I appreciate. the slapdash assortment of ingredients, especially with the surprise inclusion of the milk, really speaks to a spirit of :trashed: experimentation. for something with "cherry" in the title and "cherry" in your tasting notes, I didn't see much actual cherry in the ingredients, unless I missed it! but you don't have crang either, so what does it matter, a lot of this drink is an appeal to the imagination. which is where I'm going to leave off tasting it I'm afraid, it is very . . . vivid . . . even there. But well done and entertaining trip report, five points!

ty nesamdoom!

FluffieDuckie

Hello Friends! It’s my honor to present to you:
TASK 9 – IT’S DIORAMA TIME!
:duckie::duckie::duckie:
You have until 4:00pm EST tomorrow (Saturday, Feb. 25) to create the best diorama depicting a spring scene with a BYOB twist! Although a shoe box is traditional, you can create your diorama in any enclosure you have handy and use any materials that seem good to you. I realize that it's hard to create a perfect diorama in less than 24 hours, just do your best! Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the adequate!

Post at least one photograph of your diorama in this thread by the deadline, and please don't post your entry until within one hour of the task deadline (i.e. you can post your diorama starting at 3:00pm EST tomorrow). Judging will start sometime after 4:00pm, perhaps around 4:15. Good luck!
See you soon!
:duckie::duckie::duckie:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Manifisto

hooray, it's former moderator of this forum and eternal moderator of our hearts, fluffieduckie! :duckie::duckie::duckie::duckie::duckie::duckie::duckie::duckie:

ty nesamdoom!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

oh man, okay. Idk if I've even ever made one of these in school, so this should be interesting. Game on.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

D I O R A M A
I
O
R
A
M
A

Little Alex Horne may participate, between studying.

Goons Are Gifts

FLUFFIEEEEEEE HELLOOOOOOO
God I have missed you and your posting so much!! So happy to see you back and it's for lovely DIORAMA, the most heartwarming thing of all

Fluffie you won't believe the amount of poop and fart jokes we made in the mod forum in your absence it's really crazy

Manifisto

good morning taskers! hope you're all well rested and that your dioramas are coming along swimmingly! we have a new task coming down the pike shortly, this is very exciting. and it's the weekend, so pesky work demands will hopefully not get in the way! there's still time to crush this!

ty nesamdoom!

teen witch

Task 10

oh, hello

you have been tasked to create a flyer for chillinternet.club, as it seems that graphic design is everyone’s passion.

(Curious about the odd Url? I’m not. I’ll die wondering. But perhaps you won’t have to be checking this out
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813903 )

However as a designer you realize that different clients have different needs. You not only must keep that in mind, but also engage with your creativity to design something that doesn’t look like it was slapdash in PowerPoint two min before deadline and off spec.

As *your* client, I too have my own set of guidelines for completing this order, and thus, this task.

- Standard 8.5 X 11 or A4 size, as it’s a flyer to be printed. This is a trap.
- It’s 2023 and I tire of comic sans and papyrus. Wow me with typographic exploration
- The copy text is yours and yours alone, however it must contain the URL
- File type and program used is up to you however I must be able to open it in Photoshop, Illustrator or inexplicably but feasibly, InDesign. If you send me some obscure file type, I will send you to the morgue (but in a loving way). You are welcome to check that with me at any time during the task.
- I, personally, love artists such as Lee Krasner, Milton Glaser, Tony Viramontes, Keith Haring, and Yayoi Kusama.
- I don’t expect what you produce to be in the latest Artforum, but I do expect an effort
- This task is to be completed on Feb 25th, by 1PM EST. That means, final file in my inbox (someawfulwitch at gee male dot calm), by that time. Don’t post it in the thread until the victor has been declared.
- Please title your files as such “username_flyer” and its extension. otherwise I won’t know who did what and I will be spiteful in my guesses.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 25, 2023

Manifisto

:eyepop: holy potatohead it's teen witch! the guest stars are coming fast and thick now!!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

also hey chillinternet.club, that sounds like a pretty cool place

Manifisto

by the way fluffie, we have sorely needed a diorama thread for some time! the closest I got was making a virtual diorama showing luvcow how to make a diorama thread:

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

The puppet dance competition is complete! Watch here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeC0acHg6rg

Sig by Heather Papps

FluffieDuckie

Goatse and Gallant posted:

FLUFFIEEEEEEE HELLOOOOOOO
God I have missed you and your posting so much!! So happy to see you back and it's for lovely DIORAMA, the most heartwarming thing of all

Fluffie you won't believe the amount of poop and fart jokes we made in the mod forum in your absence it's really crazy

Hey friend! :glomp:

Manifisto posted:

by the way fluffie, we have sorely needed a diorama thread for some time! the closest I got was making a virtual diorama showing luvcow how to make a diorama thread:

This is freaking adorable

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Manifisto

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

The puppet dance competition is complete! Watch here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeC0acHg6rg

THANK YOU Coup and Batsy (BoldFrankensteinMir and Teen Witch!) for your outstanding judging, and thank you to the participants for your amazing puppet dances! They were truly spectacular.

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

So friends and fellow taskers, it is 1:00pm and technically the deadline for Task 10, the flyer for chillinternet.club. However we have an issue, we do not currently have enough submissions to paper over every signboard, empty wall, and free space in new york city! You are probably all busy with your dioramas! So we are going to EXTEND the deadline for Task 10 until 10:00AM EST tomorrow, that's Sunday Feb. 26 and the final day of Taskmaster!

There is however going to be a new task announced at 2:00PM EST this afternoon, that's about an hour from now!

ty nesamdoom!