Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Yes, it was.

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Cute article but they use the decrease of human height as metric to explain deterioration of human conditions under capitalism when it's pretty clear that capitalism enables shorter people to live long full lives and make short babies, something that isn't even mentioned in the conclusions

Capitalism is good because it enables more poor and malnourished 'short people' to live longer lives. I am not brain damaged

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

"Snow n....."

I'm sorry that's like a whole new level of insane racism lol what the gently caress is wrong with these people.

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

fanfic insert posted:

you could've spent one of those posts explaining how Russia would've kept conquering Europe after Ukraine had its independence guaranteed by 3 NATO countries specifically and the rest of the EU as well instead.

I feel I should clarify I don't think they would be successful in conquering Europe, that's just what people on state TV said they were gonna do.

You know, because their military production is, in fact, intended to enable them to conquer and invade.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Always talking about Agency but never about Central Intelligence.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Isizzlehorn posted:

Capitalism is good because it enables more poor and malnourished 'short people' to live longer lives. I am not brain damaged

The scientific term is manlet

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cute article but they use the decrease of human height as metric to explain deterioration of human conditions under capitalism when it's pretty clear that capitalism enables shorter people to live long full lives and make short babies, something that isn't even mentioned in the conclusions

another psycho

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

he's not wrong in that this war was obviously disastrous but that ship has sailed and he's an idiot if he thinks the west isn't going to use this chance to gently caress Russia hard. They getting shock theory II if NATO wins. Russian libs same as libs anywhere.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Going to steal "a trash" as an insult

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
putin doing the most perfect slav squat you've ever seen while cspam loses their loving minds over it

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

tristeham posted:

another psycho

lol oh he's that guy

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm sorry that's like a whole new level of insane racism lol what the gently caress is wrong with these people.

there are alot of dumb americans desperate for an acceptable target of racism

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

putin doing the most perfect slav squat you've ever seen while cspam loses their loving minds over it

Welcome back.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

kronix posted:

The US handed them $25 billion dollars in aid for implementing economic reforms in 1995 and actively worked to normalize trade relationships with the rest of the world.

Oh cool, so they blew a hole in them with a bazooka from ‘91 to ‘95, at which point they handed them a bandaid? How generous.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

People kept taking their bait, it ruled.

Im owned

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

European racism is so far ahead of American racism its not even being taught in American schools as well as Europe

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

there are alot of dumb americans desperate for an acceptable target of racism

I wish they didn't all start posting here today.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Clark Nova posted:

this poo poo, particularly when ukraine is incredibly close to russia culturally, and had all the same systemic issues prior to the invasion, has always been really loving weird to me :psyduck:

It’s because of Galicia, hth

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Who wouldn’t? That’s an art and if Putin’s mastered it, I’m losing my loving mind!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

kronix posted:

Yes, it was the evil west that forced Russia to deindustrialize and not corruption and and institutional rot that set in during communism.

Institutional rot sounds interesting. Can you talk about that?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

kronix posted:

Yes, it was the evil west that forced Russia to deindustrialize and not corruption and and institutional rot that set in during communism.

that's right

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I hope our GBS comrades continue to be accepted with open arms, and there is never an opportunity for a SAD thread titled "My Probation Proves The GBS Thread Must Stay Open", inshallah

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

kronix posted:

When I think of times of diminishing corruption, I certainly think of 1990s Russia.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

kronix posted:

that's right

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Given that it's been one year since Russia's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, and with all of the destruction wrought upon their people and property, do you think a hotdog is a sandwich?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

kronix posted:

These fellers learn fast

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

kronix posted:

wow a good and correct post good job! you'll fit in here just fine! :D

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Given that it's been one year since Russia's unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, and with all of the destruction wrought upon their people and property, do you think a hotdog is a sandwich?

yeah it's a sandwich is a peace of meat-like-homegenate in bread if a sausage bratwurst sandwich is a sandwich then a hotdog is a sandwich.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

the infantilisation of Russia continues

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

If you can't make it into a double decker it's not a sandwich.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

the infantilisation of Russia continues

They keep denying their ~agency~…:(

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

kronix posted:

Corruption and institutional rot IS capitalism

So yes I agree that towards the end, Communism was infected with capitalism and it was fatal. How much you can divide 'the west' from 'capitalism' I don't know. They might be the same thing but split between heaven and earth you know?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

kronix posted:

The fact that the US exploited the corruption and rot means the US was the bad actor that created this situation we're in.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

If you can't make it into a double decker it's not a sandwich.

you can make a big hotdog with two giant weiners in a hoagie roll

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Just lol at that one guy who waltzed in here to say the UK is somehow not an invading country like Russia when just in the last century they deployed troops to NI, a relic of their prior colonialism, genocide,.and ongoing occupation. I guess to people who think using "orc" as shorthand for Russians the Irish aren't on the same level as the noble Anglo-Saxon.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Ukraine may have blown up a drat while retreating from the north of Bakhmut

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1629456650212917249

They are going to absolutely gently caress up and let all of their men inside the town get captured.

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1629523925850882048

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

Corruption and institutional rot IS capitalism

If you want to view "corruption" as "resources redirected away from their intended goal and into someone's pockets" then profits are just institutionalized corruption.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Death By The Blues posted:

Ukraine may have blown up a drat while retreating from the north of Bakhmut

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1629456650212917249

They are going to absolutely gently caress up and let all of their men inside the town get captured.

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1629523925850882048

I like the idea that the more arrows you have the more progress you can claim to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Al-Saqr posted:

you can make a big hotdog with two giant weiners in a hoagie roll

its called a warrior