Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Al-Saqr posted:

I like the idea that the more arrows you have the more progress you can claim to make.

Russia is finally out of bullets and is reduced to using arrows, the war is as good as won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Wagners APM is POOR

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I gotta say unless I'm super wrong the battle of bakhmut looks like it's gonna end pretty soon, there's literally only one road left to total encirclement, I genuinely wonder how many people the ukranians have lost or will get captured from this battle and how it will shape things to come.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Majorian posted:

Oh cool, so they blew a hole in them with a bazooka from ‘91 to ‘95, at which point they handed them a bandaid? How generous.
Shock therapy was really good though? All those talented people from mid level positions like Putin, Zolotov and Shoigu managed to bootstrap their way up to the highest echelons of power with the economic conditions it created.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

I like the idea that the more arrows you have the more progress you can claim to make.

There's definitely a language to reading these things, like how when the ISW admits Russia is making gains you can be sure that the tide isn't in Ukraine's favor. More arrows means more fast

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

VorpalFish posted:

I feel I should clarify I don't think they would be successful in conquering Europe, that's just what people on state TV said they were gonna do.

You know, because their military production is, in fact, intended to enable them to conquer and invade.

Ah so it's some unique kind of racism where you think Russians are dumb enough to think they can?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sure, Ukraine blew dams on the approaches to Kiev, threatened to blow one at Kherson, blew one just now, but Russia shelled their own nuclear power plant.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Budzilla posted:

Shock therapy was really good though? All those talented people from mid level positions like Putin, Zolotov and Shoigu managed to bootstrap their way up to the highest echelons of power with the economic conditions it created.

what

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Death By The Blues posted:

Ukraine may have blown up a drat while retreating from the north of Bakhmut

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1629456650212917249

They are going to absolutely gently caress up and let all of their men inside the town get captured.

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1629523925850882048

taking out your own dam to flood the only roads left out of Bakhmut thus ensuring your forces have no alternative but to surrender to the orcs or fight to the last

Winning

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Reminds me of all those cool tattoos we keep seeing

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Budzilla posted:

While I wish to wrestle Putin's mouth serpent with my tasting-worm I cannot in good faith support the rise of revanchist neoliberals

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Budzilla posted:

:chloe:

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Regarde Aduck posted:

Wagners APM is POOR

I gently caress up like Russia in resource management games too. miners in every titanium and coal node in the system but too stupid to make a proper factory setup that can use all of it so it all goes to waste.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

every time I see German writing I keep thinking it's the stupidest language ever and then I remember Dutch exists.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i don't get your point? Did you just agree that shock therapy created the conditions that lead to the rise of Putin?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
cyrillic keyboards make apm upkeep more difficult

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
orcish micro is usually outplayed by elvish econ macro

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Ten months after Russia shifted focus to really try to take the Donbass and abandoned some other avenues, they may be about to take Bakhmut.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

C-spam poster = hot and bimbofied for Putin

GBS poster = hasn't picked up marx yet, soon to be bimbofied

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Al-Saqr posted:

every time I see German writing I keep thinking it's the stupidest language ever and then I remember Dutch exists.

Have you heard Danish?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Budzilla posted:

who do you think you're owning here. what is the position of the poster you have invented in your mind

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

A Bakers Cousin posted:

orcish micro is usually outplayed by elvish econ macro

orcs and elves use the same keyboard layout

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

Ten months after Russia shifted focus to really try to take the Donbass and abandoned some other avenues, they may be about to take Bakhmut.

i guess we'll see if this is as pathetic as your angling it to be once its over. If they suddenly pick up the pace of advancement than i guess claims that a huge part of the Ukrainian defense was focused there were true. If not then yeah this is going to take years Putin might not have.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

John Charity Spring posted:

who do you think you're owning here. what is the position of the poster you have invented in your mind

he absolutely thought this thread were Putin stans and just owned himself trying to attack that position :)

see also: the guy that keeps saying Putin has pooped pamps

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
C-spam poster = sickos yes yessss about the total encirclement and capture of bakhmut

GBS poster = mad that the bakhmut garrison didn't call down an artillery strike on their own position with their last radio transmission

We are not the same

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Regarde Aduck posted:

i don't get your point? Did you just agree that shock therapy created the conditions that lead to the rise of Putin?

no. just his very competent clique

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Couple inches at a time is a master strategy.

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Regarde Aduck posted:

If they suddenly pick up the pace of advancement than i guess claims that a huge part of the Ukrainian defense was focused there were true. If not then yeah this is going to take years Putin might not have.

I think it is going to be the latter. Both because Ukraine has been prepping to give up Bakhmut for a long time and also because even if Ukraine is reeling from their own heavy casualties, Russia has not proved this whole conflict to be able to sustain a high operational tempo, and now they're having to do it with more cumulative losses and expenditures. Russian forces have historically taken quite quite a long time during this conflict to reconsolidate and reset after they achieve a tactical success rather than being able to exploit and pursue.

The conflict may end this year still, but we just have not seen Russia able to move rapidly without having some major problem that causes setbacks.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

C-spam poster = sickos yes yessss about the total encirclement and capture of bakhmut

GBS poster = mad that the bakhmut garrison didn't call down an artillery strike on their own position with their last radio transmission

We are not the same

realtalk: we just want the war to end and for the DNR and LNR to be intact and seperated from Ukraine. The faster Russia wins the less people die. Ukraine winning would be good except for the fact they would genocide the DNR and LNR.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Sedgr posted:

Couple inches at a time is a master strategy.

Putin learned it from your mom.

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

fanfic insert posted:

Ah so it's some unique kind of racism where you think Russians are dumb enough to think they can?

That's a pretty weird takeaway. When you say "Russians," no, I wouldn't claim necessarily that the rantings of media personalities on TV represent how the Russian military command or politicians evaluate their capacity and chances for a broader war in Europe. If I had to guess, for example, I would not bet that Putin believes his current military is capable of conquering Germany.

Russia's actual capacity isn't particularly relevant to the point I was making. Would they like to have a military that could accomplish this? Absolutely. Is it the goal of their production to conquer and project their power? Yes. The fact that Russia is not all powerful does not change the intent with which it produces military hardware.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
no matter how much I dream of smooching Putin I do have to admit, he's no Stalin

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

I just wanna say to all the newcomers that I love putin and want to kiss him on the lips

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tank update for the tankies

https://twitter.com/Levi_godman/status/1629493366093119490

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
drat I go to have a quick wank at pictures of sexy orc chicks with putin's face photoshopped on 'em and the loving gibbis have posted another 6 loving pages of dumbass comments

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

tank and roses was my favourite offsite

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
has anyone compared putin to voldemort yet?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
my honest opinion is that i dont want my ukrainian and russian friends killed in a stupid war that they dont want because of stupid geopolitics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

VorpalFish posted:

That's a pretty weird takeaway. When you say "Russians," no, I wouldn't claim necessarily that the rantings of media personalities on TV represent how the Russian military command or politicians evaluate their capacity and chances for a broader war in Europe. If I had to guess, for example, I would not bet that Putin believes his current military is capable of conquering Germany.

Russia's actual capacity isn't particularly relevant to the point I was making. Would they like to have a military that could accomplish this? Absolutely. Is it the goal of their production to conquer and project their power? Yes. The fact that Russia is not all powerful does not change the intent with which it produces military hardware.

So it's literally Putler lmao