Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

500 good dogs posted:

Strongly disagree. CSPAM threads have a high propensity to just be content-less junk, with it being easy to find whole pages without a single content post. D&D is good, but has too many rules to capture a sufficiently diverse discussion and a high-enough tempo to capture current events. For several topics for which threads exist in all three places, I’ve gravitated to the GBS threads as the most topical, informative, and active threads.
The only thing that this no-politics rule would do is allow is make some admin headaches disappear for a while.

that thread kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol I think I got shadow probed for posting in not-qcs

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Buck Wildman posted:

your thread got gassed which autoprobes for 20 minutes or something

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

so the thing that kicked htis off months ago, it would be like if a bunch of americans got 6 hr probes on the 4th of july for saying "douchebag" and then they were really mad about it 3 months later for some reason? like theyre mad they couldnt just post "douchey doucher douchebag" with their friends on their special holiday? and then they somehow concern trolled about it so much that jeffrey probed (+perma'd) like a hundred posters months later?

thats some powerful (potentially cursed) posting

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Justin Tyme posted:

so the thing that kicked htis off months ago, it would be like if a bunch of americans got 6 hr probes on the 4th of july for saying "douchebag" and then they were really mad about it 3 months later for some reason? like theyre mad they couldnt just post "douchey doucher douchebag" with their friends on their special holiday? and then they somehow concern trolled about it so much that jeffrey probed (+perma'd) like a hundred posters months later?

:dafuq:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
no investigation, no right to speak

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Cuttlefush posted:

your thread got gassed which autoprobes for 20 minutes or something

everyone's a critic

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

idk I skimmed the threads but it seems like this all kicked off on boxing day by a bunch of australian posters getting probed for saying c*nt and they getting big mad about it is this wrong? b/c that seems like a really funny thing to explode into whatever *gestures towards SAD* this is

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Justin Tyme posted:

idk I skimmed the threads but it seems like this all kicked off on boxing day by a bunch of australian posters getting probed for saying c*nt and they getting big mad about it is this wrong?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

idk I skimmed the threads but it seems like this all kicked off on boxing day by a bunch of australian posters getting probed for saying c*nt and they getting big mad about it is this wrong?

it's as simple as the admins not being posters, so they forgot how to (not) use their buttons

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

qcs thread about saying oval office in gbs got nuked, giving everyone who posted in it regardless of opinion a week-long probe (not a sixer)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Justin Tyme posted:

it was very specifically not the aussies getting probed for it, that was the whole argument. nobody had a problem with the brit or aussie threads saying it, but the GBS mods said no posting it outside of that which means jihad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

World War Mammories posted:

qcs thread about saying oval office in gbs got nuked, giving everyone who posted in it regardless of opinion a week-long probe (not a sixer)

and then the admins disappeared for three months absent randomly banning+30 people, never addressed any problems, and then unleashed SAD so they didn't have to listen to complaints

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

dang, the c word yields so much power...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Justin Tyme posted:

you got it

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

yep. your understanding of posts is perfect.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Jeffrey of MOSCOW

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

watching this place fall apart is a lil' sad by but lmao

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

It rules that none of this concerns me at all

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

ok for real though whats the backstory of the current drama excluding the pyf and gbs thread closures (those are self explanatory) I just chill in this subforum so I got no context on the latest thing that threatens to blow up the whole site apparently

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Justin Tyme posted:

ok for real though whats the backstory of the current drama excluding the pyf and gbs thread closures (those are self explanatory) I just chill in this subforum so I got no context on the latest thing that threatens to blow up the whole site apparently

we are not a subforum anymore. top level baby

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

that thread kicks rear end

Joking and downplaying genocide like the holodomor or the holocaust is wrong because there are real world actors and propagandists who are spending every waking moment pushing this narrative for their own political and social ends, right here and right now. It furthers their actively malicious causes more than any genuine attempt at humor.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Justin Tyme posted:

ok for real though whats the backstory of the current drama excluding the pyf and gbs thread closures (those are self explanatory)
it's just existing drama, reheated. like, the whole koala's march saga never truly ended.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I'm doing the az strategy

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

NeatHeteroDude posted:

shut up

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

500 good dogs posted:

Joking and downplaying genocide like the holodomor or the holocaust is wrong because there are real world actors and propagandists who are spending every waking moment pushing this narrative for their own political and social ends, right here and right now. It furthers their actively malicious causes more than any genuine attempt at humor.

that upgrade guy posted a story in the musk thread about how he saw his neighbor abuse his dog, and how they were having no success going through the proper channels to deal with it

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

that upgrade guy posted a story in the musk thread about how he saw his neighbor abuse his dog, and how they were having no success going through the proper channels to deal with it

just steal the dog

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

A Buttery Pastry posted:

it's just existing drama, reheated. like, the whole koala's march saga never truly ended.

I was completely absent for that entire thing and it rules seeing it constantly referenced with almost no personal insight into it

no I do not want it to be explained to me

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

lumpentroll posted:

just steal the dog

this

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

500 good dogs posted:

Strongly disagree. CSPAM threads have a high propensity to just be content-less junk, with it being easy to find whole pages without a single content post. D&D is good,

lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Justin Tyme posted:

the admins are being capricious and arbitrary and refuse to talk to the userbase

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I’m turning red with rage at the implication that “lol” “lmao” and empty quotes aren’t content

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

NeatHeteroDude posted:

well you still suck

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the admins are being capricious and arbitrary and refuse to talk to the userbase

tale as old as time

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Buck Wildman posted:

It's ok, I read all your tickets in the gas chamber.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah that's pretty much it. everything else is a dumb interchangeable flashpoint

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Raskolnikov38 posted:

And when/if they do interact with the userbase they use a condescending parental or human resources tone instead of just being people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

NeatHeteroDude posted:

one day you will die of old age and then we'll see who has the last laugh