Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the admins are being capricious and arbitrary and refuse to talk to the userbase

One so inclined (and australians) could say that they're acting like cunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

do NOT live longer than me

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Cup Runneth Over posted:

we are not a subforum anymore. top level baby

sadly some cspammers still post with a subforum mentality. gotta rise up.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

World War Mammories posted:

qcs thread about saying oval office in gbs got nuked, giving everyone who posted in it regardless of opinion a week-long probe (not a sixer)

Nvr4get

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

addicted to fat modding

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the admins are being capricious and arbitrary and refuse to talk to the userbase

There’s like multiple discrete semi overlapping user bases though right? Different sub forums have individual threads for the same topics cause there are unique posting styles and sets of generally accepted opinions so how do you communicate with that sorta distribution as a whole?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

99999 mods threatened to resign if i didn't immediately delete fyad, make KM head admin, and chop my transphobic rear end head off live on stream. i had already appointed my successors so i said ok and logged off. literally.

remembering when they bullied the admins into removing old rear end lovely front page articles for transphobia lmfao

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

wall should include the whiny baby probes of unrelated people, it's the best part of the story

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

yep. your understanding of posts is perfect.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

ok for real though whats the backstory of the current drama excluding the pyf and gbs thread closures (those are self explanatory) I just chill in this subforum so I got no context on the latest thing that threatens to blow up the whole site apparently

- jeff's qcs oval office thread nuke on boxing day and the subsequent closure of qcs with no comment from jeffrey until yesterday
- t.e.c.h. thread where imp zone asked for thread vote icons based on the defunct magazine gamepro. astral refused because he was worried about copyright, imp zone mocked him, the mockery increased when astral instead offered icons based on the far side. this culminated in astral giving out ban+30s, the most notable given for saying "don't bother, he's gone milquetoast with power"
- gbs ukraine thread lusted too openly for watching russian orcs get vaporized and sagas lusted too openly for mocking them
- admins remain on bahamian vacations throughout all these until releasing an even shittier version of qcs the other day
- larry got perma'd for saying he would gently caress jeffrey's rear end in a top hat until he stopped being a bitch and hoping jeff's next thai child prostitute would be discounted

think that covers it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Justin Tyme posted:

tale as old as time

and the users are getting sick of it

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

celadon posted:

There’s like multiple discrete semi overlapping user bases though right? Different sub forums have individual threads for the same topics cause there are unique posting styles and sets of generally accepted opinions so how do you communicate with that sorta distribution as a whole?

Get drunk and yell at them until the posting improves

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

celadon posted:

they're not talking to anybody though lol. this is all jeff and fluff walled up in the admin forum

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I was mere minutes away from emptyquoting spanish manlove's post about "word filtering 'oval office' to 'school shooting' so americans wouldn't be offended by it" when the thread was closed, saving me from ending up on that wall.....

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

in it voted 5

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

KirbyKhan posted:

It's ok, I read all your tickets in the gas chamber.

thx I trust I'll have your vote in the coming season

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

I was mere minutes away from emptyquoting spanish manlove's post about "word filtering 'oval office' to 'school shooting' so americans wouldn't be offended by it" when the thread was closed, saving me from ending up on that wall.....

lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

angerbeet posted:

Get drunk and yell at them until the posting improves

:hai:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
this is the real hosed up thing about it: our probations didn't even show up in the leper's colony. it's like being kidnapped by the cia (for being insufficiently american, christian, and pious) and taken to a black site, then let loose without any evidence of our ordeal.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I was completely absent for that entire thing and it rules seeing it constantly referenced with almost no personal insight into it

no I do not want it to be explained to me
i am not gonna explain anything, but i do think it's important to mention that attempted forums coup is an accurate description of the whole affair

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lol

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I can't find SAD on the awful app

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

NeatHeteroDude posted:

yeah they blocked phone posters from it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
android app ftw sorry you steve apple lovers can't see the new forum

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I can't get it on awful for Android app directly but following LC links to it works

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NeatHeteroDude posted:

lock your phone.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Al! posted:

content

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

speng31b posted:

I can't get it on awful for Android app directly but following LC links to it works

settings -> forum index -> force refresh

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

That DICK! posted:

lock your phone.

not bad

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

iphone ftw

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I'm doing the az strategy

stepping down from your forums role? that's a great plan, i'm very proud of you

you should do it right away!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

NeatHeteroDude posted:

i can. they don't allow dogs.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

That DICK! posted:

lock your phone.

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
works on my machine.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they're not talking to anybody though lol. this is all jeff and fluff walled up in the admin forum

fluff actually posting somewhere, even there, would be an improvement, the general impression I've gotten is that he has the homer simpson telephone problem with normal keyboards and just has a streamdeck set up with "gas thread" and "ban+30" buttons instead

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Just access the desktop site through a browser like a normal person

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

NeatHeteroDude posted:

turn off your phone and you'll see something :sad: alright

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019