Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wow SheHulk good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just hit my first Galactus > Valkyrie > Death, not sure if that is common but gently caress that nonsense..

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This little movement deck seems to be working. It sucks if my opponent wants to do on reveal stuff because they can never land their Wong.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Love having an opponent play Baron Mordo while my hand is already full. Then they played Wong and snapped and followed it up w/White Tiger and I played the reality stone and changed it to Morag. Would be a shame if suddenly you can't single drop your Odin onto Wong wouldn't it?

(I had Magneto ready to pull Wong to another lane just in case too).

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Skippy McPants posted:

I disagree with both these takes. First, I don't think you need Cosmo and Armor in the Sauron version of Shuri. The deck unloads so much power you can soak one of your 30 power monsters getting Shang'ed and still win. I find myself losing more often to Aero, which armor doesn't help with, and Comso only helps with a little. I could see cutting Zola for one of the two, but taking both feels like dropping too much into what the deck is designed to do. I.e., vomit power everywhere and dare your opponent to do anything about it.

As for Sauron, I think he's the third or fourth best card in the deck. Switching off the downside of Mary and Skull, and allowing for Maw on six means he accounts for somewhere between 6 and 18 power. That's an outstanding range for a 3-drop.

Sure the difference between the "best" version of Shuri and the second best will just be a matter of small degrees, so without a lot of testing I'm not sure how to make a straight case for one version over another.

I can only speak to my own playing of the cards.

When I first got Sauron I built the standard Sauron list and it did great, you won some games the Armor/Cosmo version lost but would loose some games the Armor/Cosmo version would win. I declared it (here I think) a side-grade at best. The thing is you loose next to nothing for just including armor and Cosmo was my theory. The edge cases where you would have won a game with Zola (the real cut you make for putting in Armor and Cosmo) don't make up for the nuts consistency you get out of having one of the three cards you really want to appear by turn three, more often appear by turn 3. Preferably Cosmo or Sauron, but at least getting armor on the field if you don't draw either is going to win more games.

I guess I really disagree with how much you seem to not value Cosmo. He's a win more often card not a win more cubes at a time card I guess, and so people will value him differently.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 25, 2023

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

quote:

Hard: Win Matches with a Snap 0/2

Welp there go all my cubes :saddowns:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I swear I just had the most bullshit bug. Turn 5 my opponent let the timer run out, the game hung there for about 10 extra seconds. Then 6 hit, they had apparently snapped while I couldn't act, I lost because I never made a turn 6 move, and it just popped up Defeated. What the gently caress? 4 cubes to bullshit.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Hobo Clown posted:

Welp there go all my cubes :saddowns:

Run up a game you know you're gonna win and snap on turn 6. Even if your opponent retreats it counts.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This person tried an Onslaught, Mystique, Hazmat combo. That's a thing? Seems greedy.

New Leaf posted:

I swear I just had the most bullshit bug. Turn 5 my opponent let the timer run out, the game hung there for about 10 extra seconds. Then 6 hit, they had apparently snapped while I couldn't act, I lost because I never made a turn 6 move, and it just popped up Defeated. What the gently caress? 4 cubes to bullshit.

Was Quantum Tunnel in play? I had the same yesterday, but it was in the middle of the game. I had to restart the app and then retreat.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Walla posted:

This person tried an Onslaught, Mystique, Hazmat combo. That's a thing? Seems greedy.

I've had that run on me before. The only time it was "successful" I played Luke Cage last turn and reverted everything on last flip.

Just pulled out my biggest big brain play in a while and Aero'd a card into Bar with With No Name and followed it up with space stone to move Aero out of the lane. Thought about a last turn Reality Stone but by turn 3 it wasn't showing up so I had to think of something else.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wow, thanks for the MODOK, Xavier School, that’s very helpful

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Walla posted:

Was Quantum Tunnel in play? I had the same yesterday, but it was in the middle of the game. I had to restart the app and then retreat.

No, it wasn't. I don't remember what the locations were though unfortunately.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The modok action, and hell cow for that matter should work to first discard all cards simultaneously then activate their discard abilities if they had any, ideally.

Yea I never played Hell Cow until this last week and was shocked and still caught off guard that he doesn’t discard simultaneously

Opopanax posted:

Wow, thanks for the MODOK, Xavier School, that’s very helpful

Underrated “I need to change this poo poo immediately” location. Best I hope for is whatever I get doesn’t gently caress me completely

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 25, 2023

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
Managed 8 ranks today, which surely is solely due to my improved ability and has nothing to do with just having bought Shuri.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

the_american_dream posted:

Yea I never played Hell Cow until this last week and was shocked and still caught off guard that he doesn’t discard simultaneously

Underrated “I need to change this poo poo immediately” location. Best I hope for is whatever I get doesn’t gently caress me completely

I got Mystique who did nothing and my opponent got the Infinaut yesterday. Super gently caress you x-mansion.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Trying this as a side Cage deck. It's fun so far, not the dominant deck so telegraphs a bit less maybe, but I'm never really confident that it's going to win so never snap. Most of my victories are from opponent retreats, and I don't have a great win rate with it either way.

Feel like it'd be bangin' if I could work in some kind of win condition other than "hope I can throw down Hazmat often enough."

edit: Maybe swap out Hood and Viper for Sera and Wong, idk.

psychopomp fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 26, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If cage gets disenchanted things go back to their reduced states right? It doesn't erase those negative hits?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If cage gets disenchanted things go back to their reduced states right? It doesn't erase those negative hits?

Yup, it’s an ongoing.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Yeah so I drop him turn 6.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

JaneJaw is my new favorite deck. My luck with Mjolnir and Jubilee having monster pulls has been absurd.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The biggest brain you can move is drop Enchantress on turn 6 in his lane because you just need the power and then watching the numbers on all lanes fall. It's easily the most incredible move I've done to myself.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

y_y posted:

Managed 8 ranks today, which surely is solely due to my improved ability and has nothing to do with just having bought Shuri.

I was really excited to buy her but honestly I find playing that deck like watching paint dry and I've barely played it. I realize we aren't exactly playing chess here but it's boring playing something that has zero total interaction with your opponents cards

edit: actually I guess it runs Aero but that isn't really enough to get my blood pumping

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

RevKrule posted:

I got Mystique who did nothing and my opponent got the Infinaut yesterday. Super gently caress you x-mansion.

They really should make it so that it at least gives you equal energy cards.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

This person was an incredibly good sport staying in but I also think they thought Carnage would level up at each eating. I thought they had me there honestly.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
hell yea scored me a Knull

Now what?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

My Second Re-Reg posted:

hell yea scored me a Knull

Now what?

sleeve up your galactus

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

RevKrule posted:

This person was an incredibly good sport staying in but I also think they thought Carnage would level up at each eating. I thought they had me there honestly.

Yeah you need Venom for that trick

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

After slowly falling in ranks for two weeks managed to start climbing again from 70 to 75 over the weekend with the below:

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Storm
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Spider-Man
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Vision
# (6) Doctor Doom
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjYXJsZXRXaXRjaCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNwaWRlck1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlzaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Built around ideally closing a lane down with Storm and then a second lane with spidey going into t6, but also being able to win without that. Doom, Vision and Nightcrawler give you ways to play into the flooded lane, Enchantress and Shang Chi are great tech and can also let you win your webbed lane on t6 if the opponent puts Devil Dino or something down. JJ is big points on t4 and depending on whether you want to play her into your flooded lane or not will depend on the rest of your hand and if you know you’ll have other ways to secure power there.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I hate that I haven't really ran into Bar Sinister since I've gotten Zola. Even if it would be a bad play it seems like a stupid good time to play him there!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I learned two things today - First, you can use Luke's Bar to bounce Mjolnir back to your hand over and over to buff Thor and its hilarious. Second (and I learned this from my opponent trying to exploit the Bar's mechanics too), if the card you play at Luke's Bar generates cards in your hand and your hand becomes full, like Coulson or Hood or something like that, then the card you played will stay in play at the Bar and not get bounced. (And yes, I know cards spawned on the board by other cards will stay at the Bar.)

team overhead smash posted:

After slowly falling in ranks for two weeks managed to start climbing again from 70 to 75 over the weekend with the below:

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Storm
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Spider-Man
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (5) Vision
# (6) Doctor Doom
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjYXJsZXRXaXRjaCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNwaWRlck1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikplc3NpY2FKb25lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlzaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Built around ideally closing a lane down with Storm and then a second lane with spidey going into t6, but also being able to win without that. Doom, Vision and Nightcrawler give you ways to play into the flooded lane, Enchantress and Shang Chi are great tech and can also let you win your webbed lane on t6 if the opponent puts Devil Dino or something down. JJ is big points on t4 and depending on whether you want to play her into your flooded lane or not will depend on the rest of your hand and if you know you’ll have other ways to secure power there.

What about Captain Marvel vs Vision? Would be a more automatic option on turn 6 if they try a move of their own.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

New Leaf posted:

I learned two things today - First, you can use Luke's Bar to bounce Mjolnir back to your hand over and over to buff Thor and its hilarious. Second (and I learned this from my opponent trying to exploit the Bar's mechanics too), if the card you play at Luke's Bar generates cards in your hand and your hand becomes full, like Coulson or Hood or something like that, then the card you played will stay in play at the Bar and not get bounced. (And yes, I know cards spawned on the board by other cards will stay at the Bar.)

What about Captain Marvel vs Vision? Would be a more automatic option on turn 6 if they try a move of their own.

I've seen so many Captain Marvel's recently I'm thinking about putting her in all my decks that use Vision. Just so frustrating to lose to her.

Although it is funny when she pops out of a lane only to fly back to it because she realizes she can't be in two places at once.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

RevKrule posted:

I've seen so many Captain Marvel's recently I'm thinking about putting her in all my decks that use Vision. Just so frustrating to lose to her.

Although it is funny when she pops out of a lane only to fly back to it because she realizes she can't be in two places at once.

Yeah, Vision's ability to move is neat, but he comes out on turn 5 unless you get extra energy or pull him in somehow so that ability is wasted. Marvel will go where you need her to and she's just 1 power less. When I've had her on the board she's been super clutch sometimes. Should really use her more.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Vision is neat with Shuri. Dodging Shang Chis like nobody’s business.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

New Leaf posted:

if the card you play at Luke's Bar generates cards in your hand and your hand becomes full, like Coulson or Hood or something like that, then the card you played will stay in play at the Bar and not get bounced.

Yeah works the same with Falcon and Beast. Really threw me at first but after I thought about it, I guess the only reason I assumed cards would get destroyed when your hand was full is because "that's how Hearthstone does it"

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

New Leaf posted:

Yeah, Vision's ability to move is neat, but he comes out on turn 5 unless you get extra energy or pull him in somehow so that ability is wasted. Marvel will go where you need her to and she's just 1 power less. When I've had her on the board she's been super clutch sometimes. Should really use her more.

Just won two games with "Higher Further Faster Baby."

Captain Marvel is good.

Also I gotta remember to snap on Thanos decks before I drop the sand on them. Easy concedes.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Feels like everyone is retreat happy today. I've climbed 3 levels of winning 1 cube on retreats

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Just played the best game. Turn 1, discard a card from each deck. His card was Galactus. He immediately retreated.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Push El Burrito posted:

Just played the best game. Turn 1, discard a card from each deck. His card was Galactus. He immediately retreated.

Would've been an extremely giant brain move to Turn 3 Wave and then Turn 4 Hela Galactus back onto the board and hope he lands on an open space.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

They Hot Location'd Sokovia to get people to buy Stature right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So the favored location is Sokovia and the last 3 people I played are running....Wave/Red Skull.

Edit: I did receive two email replies for reporting the inappropriate name so...yay, I guess. I couldn't get some credits/Snitchman Variant?