Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018
I just joined as ratfarm, it seems like it’ll be a very satisfying gameplay loop once I get into it, can’t wait to waste time on this during work lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

littleratbastard posted:

I just joined as ratfarm, it seems like it’ll be a very satisfying gameplay loop once I get into it, can’t wait to waste time on this during work lmao

You better make that mailbox bigger quick

littleratbastard
Aug 18, 2018

Ruggan posted:

You better make that mailbox bigger quick

Dang, i guess I know where my golds gonna be going!

I can already tell the fishing minigame is going to be my favourite part. Always the most important test of any farming game- is the fishing good

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

littleratbastard posted:

I can already tell the fishing minigame is going to be my favourite part. Always the most important test of any farming game- is the fishing good

you say that now wait until it gives you RSI

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So both Unexpected Visitor 6 AND Wall in the Way 3 want Cutlasses. What do I give my slowly filling Cutlass collection to first.

littleratbastard posted:

Tap fish, tap button. You get stuff that makes this easier (minnows/MEALWORMS), more xp (grubs/gummies), or just plain more fruitful (Cat's Meow).

That said, you will switch to nets sooner than later.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Finally hit level 100 on tower!

Before I even unlocked the final fishing zone too. loving heart piece and gold boot and potatoes :argh:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Just want to say thank you to all the goons constantly bombarding me with gifts!

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

I’m at T120, should i invest in the next 100B farm row or get to T130?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

HelloNewman posted:

I’m at T120, should i invest in the next 100B farm row or get to T130?

The 100b farm row is worth 300ak from the badge. If you need the AK go for the row but if you have it go for 130.

edit: this is assuming you have the 100b storehouse upgrade

koshmar fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 25, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A Way Back is complete, which means that I'm done with quests for a little while. Far Away is timelocked until I get up to 2000 maxinv, Hold the Line is negligible, and Strange Companions XXIII is time-locked while I rebuild my Orange Gecko/Crab Claw supplies. Time to hurl many a frog.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I wish these fuckin things were in the Wishing Well :sigh:

And then I do process over with Unexpected Visitor.

Lesson learned: if an exchange center item is available and has one or more quest left that needs them? GRAB EM.

alecm
Aug 20, 2004

Lorraine, I'm your density. I mean . . . your destiny.

widespread posted:

I wish these fuckin things were in the Wishing Well :sigh:

And then I do process over with Unexpected Visitor.

Lesson learned: if an exchange center item is available and has one or more quest left that needs them? GRAB EM.

The fact that Cutlasses aren't requested in a multiple of 3 is really a jerk move.

I'm at a similar point with Unexpected Visitors and A Wall In the Way. I prioritized AWITW since Glacier Lake is useful on its own and grants the super rare for Jundland. Jundland isn't really useful for on its own. Still, AWITW IV requires a buuunch of painful Jundland exploring.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

alecm posted:

The fact that Cutlasses aren't requested in a multiple of 3 is really a jerk move.

Technically...

The total number of cutlasses that current quests want is 75, which _is_ 25 x 3. It's just that it's 25 in the midgame quests combined (1 + 1 + 3 + 10 + 10) and then 50 for the one I'm one step away from.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey do food items that increase harvest amount (eg. harvest three times as many) increase chance of the runestone dropping?

To ask it another way, are the crop runestones tied to the act of harvesting or the actual crop harvested?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

alecm posted:

I'm at a similar point with Unexpected Visitors and A Wall In the Way. I prioritized AWITW since Glacier Lake is useful on its own and grants the super rare for Jundland. Jundland isn't really useful for on its own. Still, AWITW IV requires a buuunch of painful Jundland exploring.

If I could do it again, I'd do Unexpected Visitor first, and AWITW second. Precisely for the reason that AWITW IV is so obnoxious and you'll be able to work through the Unexpected Visitor line farther while still collecting Jundland stuff for the other.

E: I was about to be stuck on needing a Model Ship, but RNG smiles brightly on me this day and I got it with the second AP used.

Jhet fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 25, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lots of new goons it looks. Please add Farmhausen :)

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Trying to boost my exploring, the last 99 I need. Anyone have any spare OJ or lemonade? In game name is the same as on here.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Maxed on large nets today, haven't been fishing in a while. I could either grind out a couple of masteries (everything is beyond the easy low hanging fruit) or just hoard some billions and billions in Glacier Lake. Decisions decisions.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

MarcusSA is something else. Thank you for the thousands of drinks

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Genericide posted:

MarcusSA is something else. Thank you for the thousands of drinks

No problem! I was able to get 2000 of them back from a way forward lol

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

hambeet posted:

Hey do food items that increase harvest amount (eg. harvest three times as many) increase chance of the runestone dropping?

To ask it another way, are the crop runestones tied to the act of harvesting or the actual crop harvested?

Tied to the actual crop, it’s still the same rate but if it pops you’ll get three instead of one. Same with the perk that’ll randomly double the harvest amount.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Made it to 100,000 Watermelons without a single Heart Piece. Good thing the Temple exists.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

FINALLY

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
And 7 of them to boot!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

H110Hawk posted:

And 7 of them to boot!

I see what you did there :rimshot:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

H110Hawk posted:

And 7 of them to boot!

:five:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I just realized I'm sending tons of gold to strangers in trade chat for OJ/Apple Cider when I could be trading with goons.

Add Farmhausen. I need a bunch I'm willing to pay for

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Barreft posted:

I just realized I'm sending tons of gold to strangers in trade chat for OJ/Apple Cider when I could be trading with goons.

Add Farmhausen. I need a bunch I'm willing to pay for

lol you don’t need to pay for it

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

How many cows and chickens should I get? It looks like milk/eggs don't sell for a lot so it's just quest stuff? I started 2 days ago so no cooking yet.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

How many cows and chickens should I get? It looks like milk/eggs don't sell for a lot so it's just quest stuff? I started 2 days ago so no cooking yet.

100 each to start. You spend enough time petting them, and you're gonna be voiding milk/eggs before you know it.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

rafikki posted:

jesus loving christ. I bought 200g last night to trade to OJs/ACs lol

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Spend gold on your mailbox.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

H110Hawk posted:

Spend gold on your mailbox.

I did. 90 slots. its expensive!

My next billion is raising Python to 6 I think.
I'm just following this
https://farmrpg.com/index.php#!/wiki.php?page=ATI%20Tips

You can start preparing at any time, but before focusing -solely- on ATI, You should unlock all of the Fish/Explore areas except Glacier Lake and Jundland Desert. They came out after ATI was made and are not needed (See RILL for which quests unlock those areas). Also max your orchard to your inventory, get the 1 Billion Crop Row and Storehouse Upgrade, and get the most important pets to level 6 (Macaw, Frog, Snake, Green & Red Dragon, Armadillo, etc).

I've got Jundland unlocked. Orchard is maxed at 850 ea. billion crop row and storehouse done. macaw is 6, frog 5, snake 5, armadillo 5. and no dragons

Few more coins from the macaw and pirate's cove will be unlocked.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 27, 2023

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

rafikki posted:

How do you get storage levels that high?

EDIT: Another question - when I inventory cap with poo poo I don't have a use for this is my current flow chart:
  • Shove it into the storehouse if there's room
  • See if I can craft something using it and nails/iron/other stuff about to cap
  • See if anyone likes or loves it and give them a bunch of it
  • Sell a bunch of it
Is this good or should I be doing something else?

A GIANT PARSNIP fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 27, 2023

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

How do you get storage levels that

you can buy expansions with gold but mostly it’s doing work at your storehouse every day which expands your inventory, i’m up to 12 extra per day

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

selan dyin posted:

you can buy expansions with gold but mostly it’s doing work at your storehouse every day which expands your inventory, i’m up to 12 extra per day

Also you get +2500 inventory slots at tower 100, which is a late game activity.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

runestone 11 suckssss

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

hambeet posted:

runestone 11 suckssss

love to plant corn

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
Just dinged 99 exploring - goon juice fountain (not a euphemism) was absolutely crucial in this. Now I've just upgraded my squirrel to get the 3 Runestone 20s left for ATI XV.

Movin on up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

selan dyin posted:

love to plant corn

i guess you could say i'm in a corn hole.

thank you. i'll be here all night planting corn