Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah the matches and the emphasis on the players evolving their weapons almost makes it feel like Jojo-type stand battles to me. And agreed that when they do drop some backstory on a player they do it judiciously like this last episode with Bachira and the monster. They also do a good job of developing the relationships between the players through the course of the games; Isagi and Barou's interactions in the last game being a great example. It's just a good show!

Ya perfect way to say it's just a good show. Like in good sports anime you could replace the sports with any hobby but they would still be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm wiling to say it at this point.

The current season of Danmachi is outstanding and I did not think a story I wrote off as "Turn your brain off fun" years ago could get me to this level of investment.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
danmachi investment levels

S1- 5/5
S2- 2/5
S3- 2/5 first half, 4/5 second half
S4- pretty stable 4/5

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah i still dont think it's on the same level as s1, the director change was a downgrade and its never fully rebounded from that

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

oh also that shoujo gamer romcom is blatantly by the chihayafuru/ore monogatari director&team, no clue if the material is any good though

the only new anime originals are an edgy-looking magical girl show and a studio 3hz show about...sexy construction workers fighting toku villains?

Lots of good faces from the trailer at least

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
how is it that danmachi hasn't made up another epic battle theme other than the minotaur one in s1 that they just have to keep spamming that one every other episode

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

GateOfD posted:

how is it that danmachi hasn't made up another epic battle theme other than the minotaur one in s1 that they just have to keep spamming that one every other episode

They know people are just there for the goddess with the big bazongas so no effort is needed.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

shes barely even in this season

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
make to make people keep watching the ED credits somehow

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hestia is bestia.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tales of Woe posted:

yeah i still dont think it's on the same level as s1, the director change was a downgrade and its never fully rebounded from that

S1 is good but I never really felt any tension watching it.

I do wish the animation was better though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/birdiewing_golf/status/1629043456789352449?s=20

Birdie Wing April 7

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hell yes

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

birdie birdie

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ready to get killed by golf and yuri

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It'll be very funny if they have G-Witch gunpla in it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
getting a bit bored of nagatoro this season

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

GateOfD posted:

getting a bit bored of nagatoro this season

If the next three or so episodes don’t do it for ya, nothing probably will. Which hey nothing wrong with that. This is probably one of if not the best arc from the manga. Characters actually meaningfully changing and all that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do they ever run out or prerequisite romcom anime setups? When already done festivals, club day, beach episode and house visits while sick.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Arc Hammer posted:

Do they ever run out or prerequisite romcom anime setups? When already done festivals, club day, beach episode and house visits while sick.

No though they do start to become a little less common.

Emphasis is gonna be on Judo for the next while up to the current run to varying degrees, which I don’t think counts as a romcom trope. Also college entry exams, which I’m unsure how common it is to actually have that feature as something other than a thing in the Undefined Future.

Still gonna have tropes like a class trip tho

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Isekai Nonbiri Nouka has a fun angle of MC is oblivious, due to his good nature, to the fact that his village is the most powerful military in the world and everyone's scared shitless of it. Of course the plethora of breasts tits knockers melons sweater puppies equally good-natured villagers is nice too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/NieR_A_ANIME/status/1629503233524740099?s=20

The next episode of Nier looks like it's gonna be getting that deep lore

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i appreciate that the demon lord in Farming isekai is the reasonable kind, and not automatically evil like the standard setting.

always felt bad for the demon lord and his country how they keep being made to be evil, so I like the growing trend of having them just being a regular ruler of their demonic non-human races.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

The Islamic Shock posted:

Isekai Nonbiri Nouka has a fun angle of MC is oblivious, due to his good nature, to the fact that his village is the most powerful military in the world and everyone's scared shitless of it. Of course the plethora of breasts tits knockers melons sweater puppies equally good-natured villagers is nice too.

as it goes on it's a whole lot more watchable than the manga is readable, the manga often devolves to basically paper dolls bouncing around dryly reciting all the poo poo they did

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/NieR_A_ANIME/status/1629503233524740099?s=20

The next episode of Nier looks like it's gonna be getting that deep lore

there better be 10s of seconds of kaine minimum in the next episode

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

The Islamic Shock posted:

I think the definition for this show is "inoffensively boring", like it is mostly fluff but not bad fluff. If it was trying to be serious and dramatic instead of silly fluff, then it would be last seasons fantasy overpowered farmer show and that was offensively boring.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah it's pretty chill anime. I watch it for low stakes farming life.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
caught up on the latest 2 episodes of farming isekai.
laughed a bit at how some of the running gags, like how more and more females keep joining, and the few males that even join don't help him on lowering the amount of sexy time he has to do each night.

the trading aspect is nice, and it looks like the usual boring politics is absent. And it makes sense why the powerful people near and far from him want to keep him close.

i do wonder how much time has passed. Like the dogs on their 3rd~ generation, spiders on their 2nd. The various beginner races took turns having pilgrimages away and bought back more of their people to join the village which should take time as well.

In contrast, I dropped 80k gold isekai, because the people around her are so stupid.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GateOfD posted:

i appreciate that the demon lord in Farming isekai is the reasonable kind, and not automatically evil like the standard setting.

always felt bad for the demon lord and his country how they keep being made to be evil, so I like the growing trend of having them just being a regular ruler of their demonic non-human races.

i like in endro where the premise was the demon lord being given an opportunity to stop being a demon lord, and slowly realizing that being a demon lord was giving them depression so they just accept their non-demon lord life now

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Then again, you might as well do something with the fact that they're, well, demonic, or they're just a lord.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The Nier anime has actually been a big success in my eyes. It is well animated (outside some initial terrible CGI), the voice acting is on point, and is properly focuses on the characters exploring their humanity instead of just being a detached retelling of route A/B.

That said, the big big draw to it is honestly the changes from the game because…there are quite a few that have super big implications on what is actually going on.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Colonel posted:

i like in endro where the premise was the demon lord being given an opportunity to stop being a demon lord, and slowly realizing that being a demon lord was giving them depression so they just accept their non-demon lord life now

I need to rewatch Endro. I remember being pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

GateOfD posted:

like 50% of the time its the Demon lord that is the good guy, and the humans are all completely terrible monsters with nothing redeeming about them.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Furnaceface posted:

I need to rewatch Endro. I remember being pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.

Endro! from my perspective has the right mix of self-awareness, genre spoof, and actual love for the material it's riffing on.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

cave emperor posted:

The band (Subway Daydream) just released their first album last month, it's pretty good, check it out.

its good but its just not the same without hiura doing this face

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mou Ippon is definitely my show of the season and will probably be in a spot for anime of the year unless the rest of the year is really good lol

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm surprised at how great this last half of Handyman Saito turned out. I found it really sweet, and the sequel bait's trajectory is predictable but would have been an absolute gut punch otherwise.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nitrousoxide posted:

They know people are just there for the goddess with the big bazongas so no effort is needed.

Which one

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

Endro! from my perspective has the right mix of self-awareness, genre spoof, and actual love for the material it's riffing on.

It's just a shame that it never really took off with the one season it had. It was an original anime series too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it did basically everything it wanted to do within that one season so i don't think much is lost for it not getting more at least