Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

vyelkin posted:

I think the idea behind this was that no admin should be simultaneously participating in a conversation and moderating that conversation, but I'm not sure it's working out ideally because if you're on the receiving end then it seems like whichever admin is reading and moderating but not talking is just throwing thunderbolts from Olympus instead of engaging with people

it feels like a honeypot lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

vyelkin posted:

No, I was busy all afternoon and didn't look at any reports

I think the idea behind this was that no admin should be simultaneously participating in a conversation and moderating that conversation, but I'm not sure it's working out ideally because if you're on the receiving end then it seems like whichever admin is reading and moderating but not talking is just throwing thunderbolts from Olympus instead of engaging with people

oh okay, well i hope whoever saw it had a lil chuckle because it was a comedy report

i think that idea makes sense but i think, specifically, having an admin who has a community reputation (let's not get into whether it's deserved or not) for being overreactive and thin skinned. well. i think it will blow up. but you are right that participating in and moderating a conversation also has the potential to lead to blowups, its a tricky situation.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
posting in SAD when fluffdaddy is logged in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqmdiiqIRA8

speng31b
May 8, 2010

they should random roll some poster from a pool of volunteers to be an IK handing out sixers as the punisher while admins talk about stuff.

More serious suggestion, they shouldn't hand out more than a sixer for decorum breaches in SAD unless it's genuinely serious, like a safety issue not just an insult.

People posting there chances are they're already worked up about something, handing them long punishments for an ill advised insult or whatever will always just escalate stuff

speng31b has issued a correction as of 04:27 on Feb 26, 2023

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

are you supposed to just monitor SAD until a relevant thread is open? qcs needed input from a larger amount of unique posters, not less

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
i assume anyone wanting to post in sad has plenty of time to spend on the forums

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

being on the forums makes me feel good as gently caress!

also the admins have been pretty good about posting in threads when they reopen, so they get bumped (and its visible if you are browsing by bookmarks too). except for jeffrey, who unlocked the "unperma larry" thread but otherwise called zero attention to it lol

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

lobster shirt posted:

one thing that i think is unfolding disastrously in SAD is the seeming practice of having one admin engage with posters while another, who is not participating, is monitoring threads and nuking posts. its not a dynamic that is going to lend itself well to any sort of productive conversation. oh well!!!! happy saturday everyone.
Azathoth scrolling thru SAD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoYjuQJQ8JQ

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

speng31b posted:

it feels like a honeypot lol

Wasn't Fluffdaddy brought in by Koala's March? :thunk:

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

beep boop

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

whoops, wrong thread

e:

lobster shirt posted:

oh okay, well i hope whoever saw it had a lil chuckle because it was a comedy report

i think that idea makes sense but i think, specifically, having an admin who has a community reputation (let's not get into whether it's deserved or not) for being overreactive and thin skinned. well. i think it will blow up. but you are right that participating in and moderating a conversation also has the potential to lead to blowups, its a tricky situation.

i saw it. it was funny

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

lol

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Horseshoe theory posted:

Wasn't Fluffdaddy brought in by Koala's March? :thunk:

idk, that whole saga is an empty spot in my memory. think i was in a long SA break around the "troubles", so i only get these weird fragments of info by what people complain about from that era

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

NeatHeteroDude posted:

whoops, wrong thread

e:

i saw it. it was funny

post it bitch

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

i cant post in the thread since its locked but free plinky, even if he is a dumbass

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

NeatHeteroDude posted:

whoops, wrong thread

e:

i saw it. it was funny

im happy to know this

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
pyf brains melting down and oozing out of ears because gbs ukraine thread gone lmbo

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Animal-Mother posted:

pyf brains melting down and oozing out of ears because gbs ukraine thread gone lmbo

THERE WEREN'T MANY SNUFF FILMS POSTED RECENTLY ASIDE FROM THE ONES THAT WERE

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the guy that just got probed literally posted rewritten lyrics to this goofy russian song about the vdv that celebrated a bunch of them getting killed. clearly no problems with the gbs thread culture.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
sometimes i think of the post that goes "extremely badass games poster] the webmaster of this site must be killed" or whatever and chuckle to myself.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I love this stupid loving forum

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Smythe posted:

sometimes i think of the post that goes "extremely badass games poster] the webmaster of this site must be killed" or whatever and chuckle to myself.

sometimes i forget how much games is kind of its own world and then i browse a thread and its like...oh yeah, SA back in the day

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Buck Wildman posted:

been entertaining me for 20 years now, something awful ftw

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

you're all idiots and it's majestic, like an orchid in a forgotten valley that sprays poisonous spores

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Smythe posted:

that thread was made by some loser dnd mod about how cspam are all violent psychos and then this mfer just shows up outta nowhere and says "anyone who questions the holodomor gets the wall" right after jeffreys nerdy post about soviet archives or whatever

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

that thread was made by some loser dnd mod about how cspam are all violent psychos and then this mfer just shows up outta nowhere and says "anyone who questions the holodomor gets the wall" right after jeffreys nerdy post about soviet archives or whatever

lmfao

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

lobster shirt posted:

the guy that just got probed literally posted rewritten lyrics to this goofy russian song about the vdv that celebrated a bunch of them getting killed. clearly no problems with the gbs thread culture.

He's gonna take a break

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

sa discourse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkL91LzCMc

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

fine

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

thats not particularly funny

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

atari800xl for all the extra large gamers out there

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Do you think mods have cards they carry

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I hope they get discounts at the gas station

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

atari800xl for all the extra large gamers out there

It's the console of choice for your mom

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i dont think there is any sense in stoking the flames of gbs. plus the card carrying marxist was funnier because they were serious

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
does annoy me we don't get any novel hosed-up views anymore
everyone's locked into a position by now, we don't get any fun poo poo like "look every country has a couple of monuments to the SS in it" anymore

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

does annoy me we don't get any novel hosed-up views anymore
everyone's locked into a position by now, we don't get any fun poo poo like "look every country has a couple of monuments to the SS in it" anymore

there was a guy in the ukraine thread praising america for all the billions of dollars they spent rebuilding afghanistan, and one blaming the ussr for everyone the nazis killed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

nice windows cursor. LMFAO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Buck Wildman posted: