Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

they

d o

not

want to

b r e a k

a w a y

Have you been drinking to work up your posting courage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

they

d o

not

want to

b r e a k

a w a y

lol

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
post proofs :cool:

let's go go go vatnik energy~

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

HonorableTB posted:

they

d o

not

want to

b r e a k

a w a y

so... why did they break away?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Regarde Aduck posted:

how do you liberate a city of people that want to break away from you?

Well, I know one way you *shouldn't* do it, yowza!

https://twitter.com/_JavierdelaF/status/1508771201207910411

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Ukraine already has experience annexing regions that want to be independent, just ask Crimea.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

so... why did they break away?

they didnt, that land was stolen and really russia is an illegitimate state that should be dissolved and reduced to constituent ethnic republics THANKS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Flavahbeast posted:

Mariupol was the HQ of Azov and not the republics.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Flavahbeast posted:

wish someone would do this to my balls

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/johnnyjmils/status/1629128755502350345

quote:

When I went to Severodonetsk in July just after it had been taken by Russia, my first thought was that no one would live here again. Much of it resembled an apocalyptic wasteland. I travelled there again this week, and it’s slowly coming back to life… 🧵

80% of the buildings have been damaged. But locals told me that water, gas and electricity is now running. Even central heating in some places. Around 25 000 live there now. Up from 8000 who remained during the fighting. Pre war, 100 000 plus.
Video

The Russian appointed Mayor told me that the main problem was the clearing of mines which had killed many civilians. He also told me that the Mayor’s office had been booby trapped with an anti tank mine
Video

Many buildings are marked with “No mines.” Or “caution mines.” Even if the war ends tomorrow, mines will be a story for years to come.

“Everybody wants peace. I want my children to return home. To embrace my granddaughter. What do ordinary people want? Peace. Nothing else.”

Everyone I spoke to said they just want peace, to rebuild their lives.

Those I spoke to were pro Russian or neutral. But I was told there are pro Ukrainians who stayed as it’s their home.
Back in June. The people who remained were scavenging the land for food and firewood. And waiting for humanitarian aid drop offs. Now the shops and markets are returning. Life is finding a way…

Journalist revisited Severodonetsk. TL;DR is that while it's no Mariupol with tons of new buildings, utilities is back up and there's some commercial activity back. Going to need a lot of demining though.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

HonorableTB posted:

they dont want to break away hth

VDV, take off the strip, 200 men on a one way trip! didnt even do AA suppression, who is the one that planned htis mission?!

a post that feels bloodthirsty

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
2022: no it's not great 3 days into the war when the enemy is knocking at the gates of Kiev :smug:
2023: laughing. My rear end off that Ukraine might lose bakhmut

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

HonorableTB posted:

they didnt, that land was stolen and really russia is an illegitimate state that should be dissolved and reduced to constituent ethnic republics THANKS

stolen by the people that live there? It's their land.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

Proposing ethnic cantons within 10 posts hell ya lets go least racist gbs poster

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
this thread has commented before on how being anti-Hitler too soon is bad for you. Putin and Assad were allies until they weren't, and then they were the next Hitlers, and maybe someday the Saudis will be the next Hitlers for Yemen, just like how Saddam was Hitler for gassing the Kurds when we were supporting him in the 80s, and even tried to blame the Iranians for that warcrime, until suddenly in 2003 it was proof of what a monster he was

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

a post that feels bloodthirsty

yeah so bloodthirsty they did it 6 more times

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

HonorableTB posted:

quote:

Russians constitute the majority in Crimea (71.7% in Sevastopol and 58.5% in the Autonomous republic of Crimea),[1] the southern peninsula which the Soviet government transferred from the Russian SFSR to the Ukrainian SSR in 1954.

Outside of Crimea, Russians are the largest ethnic group in [3] Donetsk (48.2%) and Makiyivka (50.8%) in Donetsk Oblast, Ternivka (52.9%) in Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, Krasnodon (63.3%) and Sverdlovsk (58.7%) and Krasnodonskyi raion (51.7%) and Stanychno-Luhanskyi (61.1%) raion in Luhansk Oblast, Reni (70.54%) and Izmail (43.7%) in Odesa Oblast, Putyvl Raion (51.6%) in Sumy Oblast.[4]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that red part is ukriane

or it was

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

HonorableTB posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

why do you hate multiculturalism

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
drat i really thought i'd have to poke a lot more than that to get to the racism

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

HonorableTB posted:

as the gbs thread was closed due to being inappropriate for jokes and thereupon being directed to post jokes here by the administration i have no choice but to comply and post jokes here that would have been posted there

this is horrible, even for gbs. this is reddit level.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dividing states based on ethnicity seems like it’s been problematic

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

euphronius posted:

that red part is ukriane

or it was

Please don't cheer on imperialism. It's disgusting

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

HonorableTB posted:

yeah so bloodthirsty they did it 6 more times

i think its bad form to rewrite the lyrics to the russia vdv song to celebrate/laugh at them dying in battle, personally

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

I’m not cheering for ukriane lol

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

No it's good

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Its ridiculous that Putin is using "We have to defend ethnic Russians in foreign countries from oppression" as a justification for invasion, anyway, any Russians living west of the Urals should be driven off their land.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The poo poo in Ukraine is literally and unironically the result of breaking up a multinational empire, so unless we want psycho revanchist group X claiming to be Big Israel in 100 years, let’s not repeat mistakes.

🇦🇹🇭🇺

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

didn't take long to get nafo memes and the black book of communism

i wonder if we'll clear the weekend before these guys start masturbating to gore tweets again

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
more nuclear armed ethnostates noW!!!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
the reason they didn't suppress the AA is because this was supposed to be as bloodless as possible lol

libs think its hilarious that Russia wanted to do this with a 0 kill count on any side. This bullshit now is better for some reason.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

this thread has commented before on how being anti-Hitler too soon is bad for you. Putin and Assad were allies until they weren't, and then they were the next Hitlers, and maybe someday the Saudis will be the next Hitlers for Yemen, just like how Saddam was Hitler for gassing the Kurds when we were supporting him in the 80s, and even tried to blame the Iranians for that warcrime, until suddenly in 2003 it was proof of what a monster he was

and yes literally when saddam gassed the kurdish villages and killed 1000s of people horribly and some french reporters exposed it we the USA tried to say maybe it was the evil iranians, hmm, despite of course knowing otherwise

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

the reason they didn't suppress the AA is because this was supposed to be as bloodless as possible lol

Yeah clearly, absolutely masterstroke by Russia. Part of the Russian doctrine no doubt

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Russian can get broken up into ethnic cantons if Ukraine also gets broken up. That would take out Galicia, the Golden Horde, a secondary Hungary and Romania, Zaporizhzhia, the Kingdom of the Cimmerian Bosporus, and then Donbass would go to Russia. Sorry, rules are rules.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

imagine i posted red vs blue county map in response to this

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
speng stifling debate in the land of the free cspam

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

define imperialism OP

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

as the gbs thread was closed due to being inappropriate for jokes and thereupon being directed to post jokes here by the administration i have no choice but to comply and post jokes here that would have been posted there

huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

How long until German tanks have nazi insignia painted on them?