Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mbt posted:

tr isn't an alternate start mod
Yes, it's made fairly clear that you need to powerbottom Jiub to access TR. Stand up, there you go? Mmmrrrmmm.... yes please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Sell all your trash to Ra'Virr and pay yourself using console command {player->additem gold_001 1000000}

you should simply accept that everyone on vvardenfel is too poor to afford your poo poo at market value and sell it anyway for what you can get. there's more than enough stuff in the game to get rich this way

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'd agree except that you can, though the manipulation described in other posts above, manage to sell items for full value just fine. It's tedious, but you can do it; and frankly I don't blame someone for wanting to cut out the tedium.

Also Ra'Virr won't snitch on you for having moon sugar in your pockets so he's cool.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Always sell the moon sugar and skooma found in the Census & Excise office storeroom to Ra'Virr at a deal

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Enjoy being broke and earning that self made spell/enchant, or purchase from a vendor. Once you've hit god status taunt ordinators and sell their armor to the talking mud carb crab merchant

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I make friends with all the like 4 Khajiit merchants in the world so I can offload my moon sugar and skooma onto them.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Bremen posted:

Looks like there were a bunch:

Ok, I got Morrowind, ask away.

Browsing the 2002 games forum was a treat, I've got to say.

Node from 2002 posted:

I'm envious. Here are four of my questions:

1)It has EAX support, right? Does it actually work well? In alot of my games, when I turn on EAX support local sounds only come out of my rear speakers, and 3d positioning is incredibly weak.

2)When you said creatures block, do you mean they won't just sit there and strafe around you, always in range? Will they try and back out of range of attack to dodge one of your attacks? (similar to a King's Field game, if you've played it

3)If you wanted to explore each house in the first town, and talk to every significant npc, etc. how long would it take?

4) There isn't a fourth question

Interesting set of questions from me, 21 years ago. I'm asking some dumb EAX technical question, then "DOES IT HAVE DARK SOULS King's Field combat", then one that's actually kinda interesting. In the internet mesozoic era before Fargoth and Jiub became memes.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

these are amazing ty

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

kazr posted:

Always sell the moon sugar and skooma found in the Census & Excise office storeroom to Ra'Virr at a deal

You monster, Processus Vitelius is gonna have withdrawals

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

is there a mod to stop npc's standing in loving doors

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh, it's not an alternative start?? I guess I always assumed it was! What's the fastest way to know if it worked, blaze through the census office and open my map? And I need to hop a boat some place (ebonheart?) for the mainland?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

Oh, it's not an alternative start?? I guess I always assumed it was! What's the fastest way to know if it worked, blaze through the census office and open my map? And I need to hop a boat some place (ebonheart?) for the mainland?

Yes and yes

Shipmasters can take you there at major cities

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Jazerus posted:

you should simply accept that everyone on vvardenfel is too poor to afford your poo poo at market value and sell it anyway for what you can get. there's more than enough stuff in the game to get rich this way

It's me, I'm the idiot who uses the Mazed Band to teleport to Mournhold every time I pick up something remotely valuable

The Vikings
Jul 3, 2004

ODIN!!!!!

Nap Ghost

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Wait how do you do this? I'm not really interested in playing Morrowind on it but I play a lot of emulators and stuff and it would be good to be able to configure it via my PC
There's a steam link download for windows (probably Linux too but I didn't check), install and run it, should detect your deck and let you 'play' it to open a remote desktop window and use your mouse and keyboard from the pc to drive the deck. I think you have to have the deck in desktop mode too. Doesn't do file transfers afaik so I use warpinator on deck and winpinator on pc to transfer files, works well enough.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Is there a reasonable way to get a mod list for OpenMW downloaded? I was going to get the Total Overhaul from https://modding-openmw.com but it seems like that involves manually downloading 419 mods and manually extracting them and installing them and I do not want to do that. Is there a better way or is that just how it works?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Cool Dad posted:

Is there a reasonable way to get a mod list for OpenMW downloaded? I was going to get the Total Overhaul from https://modding-openmw.com but it seems like that involves manually downloading 419 mods and manually extracting them and installing them and I do not want to do that. Is there a better way or is that just how it works?

https://www.wabbajack.org/

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

That only has one thing for Morrowind which does not appear to be the OpenMW Total Overhaul.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zereth posted:

That only has one thing for Morrowind which does not appear to be the OpenMW Total Overhaul.

oh it used to have more, weird that it doesnt anymore.

looks like the answer is probably no. i would say 99% of that list is filler, you will not notice any of it. you're already downloading a texture upscaler, why do you need 42 individual texture replacers on top of that

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

is there a mod to stop npc's standing in loving doors

Doesn’t typing “ra” into the console fix this?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Doesn’t typing “ra” into the console fix this?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

reset actors, I would assume, moves them to their default spawn positon.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

OwlFancier posted:

reset actors, I would assume, moves them to their default spawn positon.

Yes that’s what it does. I use it constantly in Balmora.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Go see Creeper, sell him things that cost exactly 5k, rest 24hrs, buy back 5k and sell him 10k, rest, 15k, etc

This is what I've been doing. It's tedious, but selling things back and forth and waiting a week or so in Ghorak Manor had paid out massively.

For the most part, I was doing it whenever I happened across a high value piece of equipment (Glass, Daedric, etc) that I couldn't use. The issue was trying to even everything out because some pieces I gave to Creeper were damaged slightly, so it would subtract a couple of coins from something I was buying/selling.

However, there's a new factor. Today I managed to advance enough ranks in the Fighter's Guild to get the final quests from Percius to dispatch the leaders and become Guild Master. As it turns out, that is (perhaps in combination with other factors) something the Dark Brotherhood Delay mod checks for, and now I have Dark Brotherhood Assassins spawning in when I sleep (in addition to the Ash Zombies).

The Assassins all have light armor (valued at 3200g for a full set), along with a Carved Ebony Dart (worth 2,000), and one of a couple of weapons (mostly Dwarven Shortswords, but one spawned with a Daedric Wakizashi, which was worth 48,000g)

I spent a good chunk of gold on training, but at one point I took a screenshot:

And if you're wondering why my inventory is so cluttered, my current goal has been trying to get high enough rank in House Telvanni in order to complete the last third of the stronghold (dunno if can visit it before then, or if storing stuff in it before it's fully complete will delete items if it changes. I've been storing stuff in the Balmora Fighter's Guild barracks room, but...

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

chaosapiant posted:

Yes that’s what it does. I use it constantly in Balmora the Ald Ruhn Mage's Guild.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Holy poo poo you turned the Fighters Guild into a goon bedroom

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Well, I got the Telvanni Stronghold built, but the bad news is that it's kind of weak in terms of storage. I think it's too late to install something like Uvirith's Legacy, but I'm wondering how easy it would be to make a mod that adds in some additional storage chests.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
drat it I need to fix my mod so you can just take unowned storage containers along with you without crashing the game

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Max Wilco posted:

Well, I got the Telvanni Stronghold built, but the bad news is that it's kind of weak in terms of storage. I think it's too late to install something like Uvirith's Legacy, but I'm wondering how easy it would be to make a mod that adds in some additional storage chests.

There are easy mods to add houses with storage. Later I can check which I use but it adds a little house just outside of Balmora with storage that can even sort alchemy components into jars with little pictures of what is inside.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

There are easy mods to add houses with storage. Later I can check which I use but it adds a little house just outside of Balmora with storage that can even sort alchemy components into jars with little pictures of what is inside.

That sounds cool. I'd rather have a house in Balmora, since I've gotten accustomed to it as a hub.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
The balmora guard tower house mod is the best one. I don't say that based on any sort of due diligence or fact checking, it was just awesome 20 years ago.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Do these other houses have permanent corpses that can hold unlimited items? If not, hard pass

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

That sounds cool. I'd rather have a house in Balmora, since I've gotten accustomed to it as a hub.

I'm running a mod called balmora museum house, gives you a nice big space with plenty of storage but more importantly lots of pedestals to arrange your 90000000 weapons and suits of armour on

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
If they're still around the Morrowind abodes collection adds houses with a healthy amount of storage, Vivec having the most, balmora being a close second. They're all great little houses though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Guildenstern Mother posted:

If they're still around the Morrowind abodes collection adds houses with a healthy amount of storage, Vivec having the most, balmora being a close second. They're all great little houses though.

I used it last playthrough yeah

Also top tip - there's a recall mod that pops a dialogue to choose one of 12 sites. Do not use this with Temple quests - it counts as breaking your vow of silence!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I used it last playthrough yeah

Also top tip - there's a recall mod that pops a dialogue to choose one of 12 sites. Do not use this with Temple quests - it counts as breaking your vow of silence!

really? it should use greeting 0 specifically meant for this. i would be very surprised

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

use private mobile base or go home

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
just cast Mark in the dev room.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

mbt posted:

really? it should use greeting 0 specifically meant for this. i would be very surprised

I'm not using that mod now or I'd check, but that was the only thing I did on that quest.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Max Wilco posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44607

That's the house mod I installed. It's pretty simple and the alchemy sorting is neat. I use it in OpenMW and mostly chose it because most of the other options were a bit too over the top for me (castles filled with all kinds of crazy items, teleporters to wherever you wanted, etc). It does have some gear in it, but it's mostly fairly basic stuff. I also added it to an existing save and it didn't cause any issues (the key is in the room with Cassius if I remember right).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

use private mobile base or go home

You'll pry that adorable ald ruhn residence from my cold scaly lizard hands.