Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
This has probably been commented on before, but there are a couple of sketches in the show that aren't necessarily so dependant on their usual dialog format, the script is still funny but there's an underlying inside joke painted by something else in the production design. I'm thinking particularly of Fenton's Stables & Horses, where they clearly paid someone a lot of money to shrink all of the horses' penises in post-production.

Also I love Zach Kanin's cameos. The focus group sketch where he's the mark, him as one of the alien biker dudes, and his "Oh no" when he realizes he is also dressed like a hotdog, are hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MokBa posted:

Detroiters is so good. Tim Robinson plays a very Tim Robinson character but he kind of resembles a human being. Plus Sam Richardson is there and he's the greatest in general. Too bad it's only on Paramount+ which is the least functional streaming app ever designed.

haha i used my google play credit to buy season 1 to watch on youtube, but didn't have enough for season 2 and have to use that awful website. I also had to lend my friend my account info so he could watch it, can't really share youtube account info, so had to use that and I think he ended up downloading it to add to his plex because p+ so bad.

tim's netflix episode of Characters is also worth checking out as a kind of bonus episode of ITYSL.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Khanstant posted:

haha i used my google play credit to buy season 1 to watch on youtube, but didn't have enough for season 2 and have to use that awful website. I also had to lend my friend my account info so he could watch it, can't really share youtube account info, so had to use that and I think he ended up downloading it to add to his plex because p+ so bad.

It was such a headache to watch that show. I signed up for a free week of Paramount+ specifically for Detroiters. It didn't work at all casting from my phone app. Didn't work at all on the app on my tv. The only way it functioned was casting from my ipad to the tv and even then it would randomly skip like two episodes when going one to the other. I don't know how you can gently caress up a streaming app THAT badly. It's like they refused to see how anyone else had been doing it for years and decided to just write all the code from scratch, taking their best guess.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ive only tried on my browser and the most infuriating thing is it will skip to the next episode before the current one is finished, like 2/3rds the way through. just suddenly shrinks in the middle of action and autoplays next episode. The last half of the seek bar is also cursed, and does not match the thumbnail at all, so if you thin kyoure clicking into a few seconds ago actually you're skipping to the next episode. You als ocant just hit back to go back and watch that episode again. you have to renavigate to it, click the episode, then try to quickly rewind it because it remembers to hold itself where you left off, which is at a bizarre point where it autoskips instantly.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I’ve used p+ on several platforms and it’s sucked so hard on all of them that i’ve just stopped watching shows that are exclusives on it

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

These CEOs still scratching their heads over why people still pirate in 2022 when they make it as awful an experience to go legit as possible. Hm watching a show in perfect quality on Plex without lifting a finger or jump through a million hoops while paying for the privilege.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
If you get Paramount+ through Amazon Prime Video you get to use the bad Amazon Prime Video interface instead of the bad Paramount+ interface.

Anyway, Detroiters is great:
https://twitter.com/samrichardson/status/1025167021514936320

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

This show re-entered my mind like some kind of divine inspiration in the past week.

HOLD THE DOOR

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Haha, I actually rewatched a few episodes yesterday on a whim. Can't believe Detective Crashmore got snubbed at the Oscars.

Actually speaking of that, I noticed back in December that a local bar had a bunch of cocktails named after bits from ITYSL, including Cosmic Gumbo.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
PALM TREE GIRLS LOVE PALM TREE GUYS

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
Strong disagree with anyone that thinks S2 is worse than S1. S2E1 is the most gold-per-minute of the entire series.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They are all killer. Episodes I thought were weak or didn't like, later on laughed harder than I thought possible for a gag I already knew was coming. And then sometimes the true hilarity of the sketch comes in real life when it pops into your head at the perfect or worst moment.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
"Can you hurry up?"
"I've seen a lot of these!!!"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't know how to quote this part but there's one particular crazed, frustrated "auauahauuuuugh" he does at one pops into my head a lot.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Conner's delivery in the 'laser spine surgery' sketch is the best because he has that little smirk that looks like he's right on the edge of breaking, every single line.

"Your family doesn't love you! Only I love you!!!"

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
Conner and Tim's relationship seems to be that of two guys trying their hardest to make each other break character and laugh and it's gold 100% of the way through

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Mister Speaker posted:

Conner's delivery in the 'laser spine surgery' sketch is the best because he has that little smirk that looks like he's right on the edge of breaking, every single line.

"Your family doesn't love you! Only I love you!!!"

My fiance hates this show, hates Tim Robinson, and hates Netflix for allowing them to make a season 3. Even she laughed at his delivery.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

My fiance hates this show, hates Tim Robinson, and hates Netflix for allowing them to make a season 3. Even she laughed at his delivery.

He's even great as (kind of) the straight-man in the 'Blues Brothers' sketch.

"What the gently caress is he doing.... Hey man, what're you doing?!?!"

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Connor also plays Tim's brother on Detroiters and has some of the funniest bits in the whole show.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Connor has been in a huge number of collaborations with other comedians on the same general wavelength, including Joe Pera and the Wham City crew, and he kills it in all of them. Unstoppable. Someone called him a "comedy demon" and it fits. Patti Harrison is at this level too, just about every line she delivers in ITYSL makes me laugh harder than anything. "I'm smarter than yew!" "I don't WANT THAT!"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Conner is so drat good, I can’t even think about this video without laughing and feel I’m probably responsible for 90% of its views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYLxkGz00d0

Anything with Corb Fucker is amazing too.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 26, 2023

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
I'll give up every computer.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVIQZ7tiag

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

EL BROMANCE posted:

Conner is so drat good, I can’t even think about this video without laughing and feel I’m probably responsible for 90% of its views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYLxkGz00d0

Anything with Corb Fucker is amazing too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLiCHIrXTjA

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Conner posted this incredible like, ten-minute video where he used his 360-camera fuckery and hilarious post-production to a degree I've never before seen, but it disappeared from his YT channel after a couple of weeks without a trace. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
no but i wanna see it, the shot of him zooming out in the car, or widening field of view or whatever was awesome

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

Conner posted this incredible like, ten-minute video where he used his 360-camera fuckery and hilarious post-production to a degree I've never before seen, but it disappeared from his YT channel after a couple of weeks without a trace. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Do you mean the Hudson Yards video game?

https://youtu.be/H9ig4PzP2Sw

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Chairman Capone posted:

Do you mean the Hudson Yards video game?

https://youtu.be/H9ig4PzP2Sw

No, it was something else, posted more recently (although probably still close to a year out now). I don't even recall much of the content but I think his character was fighting with his partner in a parking lot, possibly over child custody or divorce or whatever but obviously it's peppered with wackjob conspiracy nonsense like the rest of his videos, and then I think he ends up in the desert with some guy. But the whole thing is shot with one of those 360-degree cameras like a GoPro Fusion, and instead of using the tech to dynamically frame things, it's 'wrapped' in a really trippy way so you can see all angles simultaneously, and keeps warping around as he chews the scenery.

I know it sounds crazy, but so does describing any of his other videos. It existed for a brief minute there, I swear.

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

No, it was something else, posted more recently (although probably still close to a year out now). I don't even recall much of the content but I think his character was fighting with his partner in a parking lot, possibly over child custody or divorce or whatever but obviously it's peppered with wackjob conspiracy nonsense like the rest of his videos, and then I think he ends up in the desert with some guy. But the whole thing is shot with one of those 360-degree cameras like a GoPro Fusion, and instead of using the tech to dynamically frame things, it's 'wrapped' in a really trippy way so you can see all angles simultaneously, and keeps warping around as he chews the scenery.

I know it sounds crazy, but so does describing any of his other videos. It existed for a brief minute there, I swear.

It got taken down within a day because of the body horror-esque segments I think, where he's zooming through blood vessels or the rectum or whatever, but I did find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFiBGtMu94

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Vimeo link from Conner's own account: https://vimeo.com/715262741

One of my favorites, too. Incredible direction/video effects by Alan Resnick of Wham City (who also plays the desert hobo), and Robby Rackleff (also of Wham City) plays the Staples manager/Shannon's rebound bf.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
I'LL KILL YOU.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Oh wow, that's the one. Thanks!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh yeah i am almost forgot. he carries a club made of lava!!

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
https://twitter.com/NetflixIsAJoke/status/1634328312460857345

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
YES

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Gonna need a wait mate for this

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Look at this piece of poo poo

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7205327636250234158

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Man, I totally forgot about the gift receipt sketch. I love how it seems like Tim is going to be the rear end in a top hat like always but then everyone turns on the guy whose birthday it is.