Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Opponent didnt snap when Ego took over. I wanna fight him irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

When I'm tilting bad, if Ego shows up, I'll just retreat rather than snap. I just can't take watching him stack 4 cards onto a lane I already lost during those times.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Haha, there was a Dark Dimension out and I had 3 cards there. Final turn, opponent thought it would be fun to send Hobgoblin at me. Luckily I played Dr Doom and it filled the spot. Keep your goblin, bitch!

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Man i am super convinced there are unseen levers at the mmr hand now because the same decks that have been getting crushed for the last 2 weeks stuck at 50 are suddenly climbing rapidly. Have i cube positive loss ratiod myself into an easier mmr bracket or is Ben brode manipulating giant levers while cackling evilly every time he slams the New Leaf lever?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, my Dr Discardo deck doesn't always work, but when it does, it's Magick(tm). They dropped two She-Hulk's and Infinaught on Turn 7. Ghost Rider -> Hela -> X-Bones, sadly he didn't rez as the Noir version.

I didn't screenshot the final results, but the tracker at least got the final score right and I got 8 cubes.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

https://twitter.com/radastorm2/status/1629654487874011136?t=JJidpsaLHBGyY4QNFSukAw&s=19

If you topdeck Kang and play him same turn you get a free extra draw...

This card is gonna be so much worse than Thanos or Galactus.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
The extra draw is good, but I dunno. I don't think there are many games of Snap where if I knew what cards my opponent was most likely to play, but not where they were playing them, would help me make a winning play. Most of the time you've either got it or you don't by turn 5. The mind games are there but it's not like Daredevil with perfect precision. Just knowledge.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just don't get Kang from what I've read. Your opponent gets to reset too so it's not like you can rely on it, at best you're figuring out what their turn 5 play is, but honestly how often is that a surprise anyways? By turn 5 I know the archetype I'm up against.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Zodack posted:

The extra draw is good, but I dunno. I don't think there are many games of Snap where if I knew what cards my opponent was most likely to play, but not where they were playing them, would help me make a winning play. Most of the time you've either got it or you don't by turn 5. The mind games are there but it's not like Daredevil with perfect precision. Just knowledge.

There's nothing stopping you from playing him Turn 6 which I think is even bigger than Daredevil on 5.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Zodack posted:

Most of the time you've either got it or you don't by turn 5.

:psyduck:

so many games of Snap come down to a 50/50 on turn 6.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

RevKrule posted:

https://twitter.com/radastorm2/status/1629654487874011136?t=JJidpsaLHBGyY4QNFSukAw&s=19

If you topdeck Kang and play him same turn you get a free extra draw...

This card is gonna be so much worse than Thanos or Galactus.

drat, you do get the draw? Okay, Kang might be good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just started playing and I'm convinced that winning isn't what matters in this game, it's being as stupid as possible

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Server down for anyone else? I've had spotty issues all evening but my internet isn't the most reliable sometimes.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Other info from the devs.

https://twitter.com/radastorm2/status/1629709048437415937?t=Nmi48gEY9umipklcLqMjTA&s=19

There's zero reason not to snap right before you play Kang.

https://twitter.com/radastorm2/status/1629708902131707906

Know what random draws you might get from Agent cards before you get them.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Do I have to?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've been having issues all evening where my game disconnects mid-match and I have to force close the app to reconnect. Is anybody else going through this? I think I saw Walla or someone say they had a match where this happened but it's happened at least three times to me in the last couple of hours.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

RevKrule posted:

https://twitter.com/radastorm2/status/1629708902131707906

Know what random draws you might get from Agent cards before you get them.

Huh, interesting. I don't think I'm gonna spend 6k on him instead of Thanos but that's a neat card design.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

goferchan posted:

Yeah you need Venom for that trick

Or Hulk Buster on Bar Sinister. If you Iron Fist before Bar Sinister you could get 5 copies. Or, I mean, a little Buster chap in one lane and his bigger sibling in the other one

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

oh god it's Sokovia day, ew.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

Just played the best game. Turn 1, discard a card from each deck. His card was Galactus. He immediately retreated.

All is right in the world 😌

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

:psyduck:

so many games of Snap come down to a 50/50 on turn 6.

I'm waiting for that location: "Remove all cards from game. On turn 6 flip a coin to determine the winner."

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ubersandwich posted:

I'm waiting for that location: "Remove all cards from game. On turn 6 flip a coin to determine the winner."

I'm told the devs are changing it to 'Turn 5' :ssh:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Quackles posted:

I'm told the devs are changing it to 'Turn 5' :ssh:

The opposite. It was datamined as turn 5 a while ago and is apparently being changed to turn 6.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jedit posted:

The opposite. It was datamined as turn 5 a while ago and is apparently being changed to turn 6.

Either way, it better be as rare as Ego and World Ship. I'm fine with a weekend of meme location, but I don't want it in the regular rotation.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Lots of good info here. Don’t expect a shuri nerf…

https://twitter.com/blutrane/status/1629775447444815873?s=46&t=0hBSbAwiUMWp9MIumM47gA

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hey, I called it!

Tellin' you people, Sauron is the best 3-drop in the game. He often adds up to 15+ power, which is buck fuckin' wild for a 3-drop. That is pre-nerf Surfer amounts of power.

Edit: disappointing they're not even thinking about a Shuri, but hey, if you have her pinned in the shop good news: she'll remain a good investment for a while!

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Feb 26, 2023

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

goferchan posted:

Huh, interesting. I don't think I'm gonna spend 6k on him instead of Thanos but that's a neat card design.

Kang info:
-If you copy him with moon girl Kang 2 stays in hand after Kang 1 is played
-RNG outcomes will stay the same post reset (but they have to be exact i.e. same card played in same location)
-Kang WILL RESET SNAPS
-If played when drawn will redraw on reset

This seems really busted. Plus if you draw him on 5 or 6 it’s like playing with an 11 card deck. You can snap, play kang, then retreat for 1 if you don’t like the opponent’s play. Think I need to unpin galactus and target this guy.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Switched to a Sandman Ramp last night and it's been feeling good to play right now. With Sokovia everyone's playing discard, a lot of which want to Swarm on the last turn. Had multiple decks get real cocky before I ramp into Sandman.

Thanos decks really hate it too (not that you can't win against it with Thanos but it takes a lot more thinking).

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

My Second Re-Reg posted:

hell yea scored me a Knull

Now what?

Just lost to a deck that ended with Knull into Arnim Zola after doing a bunch of destruction. Pretty cool interaction.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

buffalo all day posted:

Lots of good info here. Don’t expect a shuri nerf…

quote:

Tian wonders if dropping 30 ranks is enough on ladder reset. Wonders if going to the bottom but changing it to require the same number of games to hit infinite would be more enjoyable?

Jesus. That’s grim.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

RevKrule posted:

Switched to a Sandman Ramp last night and it's been feeling good to play right now. With Sokovia everyone's playing discard, a lot of which want to Swarm on the last turn. Had multiple decks get real cocky before I ramp into Sandman.

Thanos decks really hate it too (not that you can't win against it with Thanos but it takes a lot more thinking).

Do you mind posting it? I have Sandman and Electro but haven't built a deck around them yet

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Looks like the best decks are exactly what everyone thought they were (shuri red skull and thanos lockjaw). Kind of crazy from a balance testing perspective for the devs to not own every card on their accounts. Also glad to learn that the old "5% of players hit infinite" thing that was floating around was totally inaccurate at least as of now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
God just the dogshittest run doing my daily missions this morning. 5/5 games I didn't pull Apocalypse a single time, but you can bet when the "shuffle 5 rocks" came through I pulled 4 in a row! Last game had Xavier's Mansion, gave him Sandman against my discard deck, gave me Iron Fist.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

Looks like the best decks are exactly what everyone thought they were (shuri red skull and thanos lockjaw). Kind of crazy from a balance testing perspective for the devs to not own every card on their accounts. Also glad to learn that the old "5% of players hit infinite" thing that was floating around was totally inaccurate at least as of now.

I'm sure they have access to fully unlocked accounts, but it's probably useful for all of the main designers to have F2P accounts they keep up with daily to get a better feel for what the regular player experience is like.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New Leaf posted:

I've been having issues all evening where my game disconnects mid-match and I have to force close the app to reconnect. Is anybody else going through this? I think I saw Walla or someone say they had a match where this happened but it's happened at least three times to me in the last couple of hours.

I was having connection issues on cellular last night, but I'm over my data limit. No issues on wifi.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, just went up against the most blatant Galactus telegraph.

Turn 1 location: Wakanda.
I've got my Thanos/Lockjaw deck, so I'm gathering energy for the Lockjaw in my hand. They start going all in on Wakanda with Nova, Cloak, Electro and Wolverine.

Then I throw an Infinity stone onto Lockjaw and he turns it into Leech and they retreat.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Hobo Clown posted:

Do you mind posting it? I have Sandman and Electro but haven't built a deck around them yet

It's pretty pool 3 heavy but it's been doing good work. Works on standard Aero principles of "get priority and Aero if needed." The good win line is something like T3 Electro T4 Sand T5 Doom T6 Odin. You can alternatively Wave to Sand to Marvel to Aero/Doom.

Klaw's good to sneak power into Maw's lane if you think you might need a boost beyond what Doom can give.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
"Decks queued are not considered in matchmaking"

Isn't that the exact opposite of everybody's understand and experience? I'm struggling to believe it's just confirmation bias.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

CitizenKeen posted:

Isn't that the exact opposite of everybody's understand and experience? I'm struggling to believe it's just confirmation bias.

I try to keep an open mind about things like this, but this morning it was just stupid. I had a 'play 1-cost cards' quest so I was playing my Quinjet flood deck to get that out of the way. Saw the usual Shuri, Galactus, Thanos, etc. while I was playing that, even with Sokovia as the hot location. As soon as I switch to a Swarm deck to hit the hot location, I play 6 discard mirrors in a row. You can't tell me they're not taking cards into account when matchmaking. It might not be "deck" matchmaking, but they've got to be doing some sort of relative strength test on your 12 cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

CitizenKeen posted:

They have repeatedly and explicitly denied it. I guess everyone on the team could be lying but this isn’t the fist time we’ve heard this