Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/1629145143289819140

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
More
Minority
Women
Led
Defense
Contractors

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
free speech is when you can say anything as long as you don't touch the capitalist oligarchy

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

lmao I remember actually thinking this dumbass was smart and could be a good leader like in 2016

We need to get back to the simpler days of 2004, when a defense contractor didn't need to actually have any experience, equipment, or employees to be given blank checks by the DoD

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Coolness Averted posted:

lmao I remember actually thinking this dumbass was smart and could be a good leader like in 2016

We need to get back to the simpler days of 2004, when a defense contractor didn't need to actually have any experience, equipment, or employees to be given blank checks by the DoD

to be fair we got at least 1 pretty mid comedy with Jonah Hill about that whole situation

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

Coolness Averted posted:

ah the glory days of 2020

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
e: whoops, warfare

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

SideEffectShit posted:

ah the glory days of 2020

lol gently caress, just remembered when the line was "covid isn't airborne it's only droplets" and all the hospital PCR testing sites were outdoors with pop up covered single person + RN tents to administer the testing. Now years later it's admitted to be airborne and the testing (that still remains) has been moved indoors with not even HEPA filters in sight.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

tangy yet delightful posted:

lol gently caress, just remembered when the line was "covid isn't airborne it's only droplets" and all the hospital PCR testing sites were outdoors with pop up covered single person + RN tents to administer the testing. Now years later it's admitted to be airborne and the testing (that still remains) has been moved indoors with not even HEPA filters in sight.

My first COVID test (Feb 2020) was administered by a terrified lab technician in a full cleansuit, lol

O how far we have come

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

covid is good, now

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Popoto posted:

a diploma????? for a part time student summer job??????????
Correctly assessed that a student should just be getting money from the government instead of doing a service job as a mandatory hell, and the service job should be something worth doing by people experienced in the field. No such thing as unskilled labor

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tangy yet delightful posted:

god, remember "fomites"

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

lol come on

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's such a funny opinion that it reads as satire but you know she's dead serious. Which makes it much funnier

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

it is an all time funny tweet like that kamala one about forgiving student loans if you open a business in a disadvantaged area or some poo poo. very funny

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Antonymous posted:

it is an all time funny tweet like that kamala one about forgiving student loans if you open a business in a disadvantaged area or some poo poo. very funny

I suppose I will take this opportunity to revisit this hall of famer as well

https://twitter.com/joekennedy/status/1258900004623835136?lang=en

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Antonymous posted:

My favorite part of that dumb policy was when pete lifted it word for word after kamala dropped out and no one called him on it

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

We need more mom-and-pop merchants of death.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
A Raytheon franchise on every corner.

(In NY they're called Boeingdegas.)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ynohtna posted:

It’s different. The NYC ones have cats. You just don’t understand.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
bodeathga

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ynohtna posted:

Lol

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

ynohtna posted:

Just smh if you don't order your predator drone sandwich from the most disgusting flat top

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

I'm not saying we should have arcades where you can pay to execute some brown people in real time using drones, but I'm pretty sure it would make a lot of money.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Wouldst thou liketh to bust yon union, m'lord?

The specific location just passed a union vote, and in response they fired everyone. In a fun coincidence about using social media ads to recruit, they've filed DMCA takedowns against the unions for talking about union busting on tiktok and have filed a copyright suit against the unions

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BonHair posted:

I'm not saying we should have arcades where you can pay to execute some brown people in real time using drones, but I'm pretty sure it would make a lot of money.

I can see an inevitable Enders Game style twist happening there

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Coolness Averted posted:

The specific location just passed a union vote, and in response they fired everyone. In a fun coincidence about using social media ads to recruit, they've filed DMCA takedowns against the unions for talking about union busting on tiktok and have filed a copyright suit against the unions

Going all Ball and Tyler on MT management really would make for some verisimilitude

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I loved Medieval Times when I went there as a kid. Go Blue Knight, gently caress the management!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Yeah I had more fun than expected the one or two times I went as an adult, but gently caress giving money to union busters, especially ones that go as far as firing everyone after the vote passes.

I also love that the media covered the organization and then pretended the story was over -just in time for the slimey and illegal activities.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

I loved Medieval Times when I went there as a kid. Go Blue Knight, gently caress the management!

The one time I went as a kid our knight got knocked out in the first round it sucked :colbert:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
My brother went to MT for a field trip once and had to be taken out in an ambulance because he had an asthma attack due to all the smoke.

He never would have survived in true Medieval Times.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

our knight won and I got to meet him :smuggo:

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

maybe they're going for the full immersive feudalism experience

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
they missed a golden advertising oppurtinity by not having kate upton in that ad (costs aside I know)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

My brother went to MT for a field trip once and had to be taken out in an ambulance because he had an asthma attack due to all the smoke.

He never would have survived in true Medieval Times.

No tobacco in medieval times :colbert:

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Milo and POTUS posted:

No tobacco in medieval times :colbert:

There was tobacco in North America during medieval TIMES. Just not in medieval Europe.

Checkmate.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SplitSoul posted:

We need more mom-and-pop merchants of death.

MoD-and-pops
If you will

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Support your locally-owned defense contractor

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Locally sourced, ethically raised Reaper drones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie