Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
How many pot needles could have been produced from those 3.9 grams of marijuana drug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Mymla posted:

How many pot needles could have been produced from those 3.9 grams of marijuana drug?

Enough to have at least a dozen people OD on them, I'm sure.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Jack Trades posted:

Swedish Customs:
"It smells strongly of cannabis here. We'll have to air this place out."
"Who knows, we may have saved lives here today."

Swedish War on Drug is a success, ladies and gentlemen.

Sweden is so ridiculous

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I am genuinely concerned about expressing my feelings on drug legislation in Sweden. Even the most staunch Swedish leftist could share opinions with a Florida Republican on cannabis. It's a minefield.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Staunchest legalisation ally? Sara Skyttedal

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Beeswax posted:

The hero we deserve.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Woebin posted:

I kind of do think that racists burning the Koran should fall under hate speech law and be illegal
It should totally be legal. In your house.
When you do it in front of a mosque that's 100% provocation and you can f off.

lilljonas posted:

The day when the findings were released and pointed to him being guilty and with a recommendation to fire him. Now the big question is who else is going to be stuck in this amazingly corrupt mess, as it is unlikely that he could have gotten away with all these things without ANYONE in the top tier of the police organization not knowing about it and keeping silent.
LOL it'll be absolutely no one.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Beeswax posted:

Legalization of capsaicin, at least

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the more things change, the more they stay the same. separated by approx. 42 years

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

the first picture is from the prosts against the building of a hydroelectric plant in the middle of an important part of their reindeer pastures, and the second picture is a protest against an already built windturbine farm in the middle of the reindeer pastures, which the Norwegian supreme court found - one and a half years ago - was in direct violation of the human rights of the indigenous peoples. the norwegian government still hasn't shut it down or moved it.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Now now, things have changed. For example, the flag has been updated.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
still amazed as to how anyone outside of Scandinavia knows so little about the Sámi existing, let alone the constant loving over of them. Only ones I’ve seen mention this incident (and others) are other indigenous activists.

Of course, the Sámi people being hosed over by the Norwegian government, or any government, or their very existence, is intentionally swept under the rug. Much like any issue that forces acknowledging past gently caress ups, head in the sand, everything is fine, THEYRE causing the issue not US, harmony uber alles.

And then go on to fetishize indigenous Americans like they’re some sort of mythical creatures.

Still something I cannot get my head around.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/storagare-av-friskolor-hotar-lamna-branschen-om-skolpengen-sanks-tydligt-besked-fran-statsmakterna

quote:

I en intervju med SVT slår skolministern fast att regeringens plan är att sänka ersättningen till friskolorna. Något som skulle innebära slutet för bland annat Raoul Wallenbergsskolorna, enligt ägaren Per Egon Johansson.

– Skulle man då välja att sänka med 15 procent så skulle vi gå med ett underskott på 13 procent varje år. Det skulle betyda att på ett år skulle vi förbruka alla de medel som vi har upparbetat under ungefär 15 års tid.

Så du lägger ner dina skolor då?

– Jag vill inte säga att jag lägger ner skolorna därför att skolorna kommer sannolikt att fortsätta. Men däremot så övergår i så fall skolorna under en annan huvudman, säger han.

Det han ser framför sig om skolpengen sänks är att han kommer låta kommunerna ta över driften av Raoul Wallenbergsskolorna. Samtidigt har Per Egon Johansson varje år tagit aktieutdelning från skolföretaget.

– Även jag behöver en lön varje månad, som de flesta människor behöver. Så det är alldeles korrekt att jag tar utdelning. Och det är ungefär på den nivån som exempelvis en statssekreterare tjänar i dag.

A quick google search for "statssekreterare lön" says

"Bäst betald bland tjänstemännen är statsministerns statssekreterare och Ulf Kristerssons närmaste man, Johan Stuart. Han toppar Regeringskansliets lönelista med 121 200 kronor i månaden. Övriga statssekreterare, vars lön sätts av regeringen, ligger snäppet under på 108 900 kronor."

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Looking forward to private school ejecting themselves into the stratosphere.
Of course they won't and they're just full of poo poo, because it's not that easy to get rid of parasites.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I saw the headline at work and I literally mumbled out loud "don't threaten me with a good time". gently caress each and every one of those parasites.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I'd imagine they'd sooner stop feeding the kids than stop paying moneybags his monthly salary of "only" 100k

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ulvir posted:

the first picture is from the prosts against the building of a hydroelectric plant in the middle of an important part of their reindeer pastures, and the second picture is a protest against an already built windturbine farm in the middle of the reindeer pastures, which the Norwegian supreme court found - one and a half years ago - was in direct violation of the human rights of the indigenous peoples. the norwegian government still hasn't shut it down or moved it.

ah but the court didn't specifically instruct the government to remove the turbines you see, so absent that specific remedy there is simply nothing to be done! the government certainly cannot be expected to follow up the spirit of a court judgement of this sort, that would be gravely improper

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the police evicting the protesters in the middle of the night was especially ridiculous imo. just straight-up terrorising them, pure bullshit. there are a lot of solidarity protests around the country tomorrow, i recommend everyone to look them up and attend. if these things are reasonably well attended it will keep the story alive and pile on the pressure - these protests could in theory actually have a direct impact on the world.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Nobody should be paid more than 60.000 DKK a month.

Not one single person.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
As a gamer I am paid nearly double that

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

jeebus bob posted:

Nobody should be paid more than 60.000 DKK a month.

Not one single person.

I work with some people who do (and hell, I could do it in a few years if I didn't prefer slacking and part time work) and let me tell you, this is absolutely true. Nothing I or my co-workers so merits this pay. One guy is like 35 and has paid off his mortgage already, serious sick stuff.

Flat pay now, with tax deductions for having a poo poo job (defined as a job where you are likely to touch literal poo poo, like pædagog or nurse or sosu).

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

"No prayer!! Only tithes" - dog

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
60k DKK seems generous. The figure I've always had in my head is SEK 50k and even that seems morally indefensible.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Wheres all da money gonna go folks

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Slap a 100% inheritance tax in there and I can see more leeway on the income side.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Slap a 100% inheritance tax in there and I can see more leeway on the income side.

Wrong framing, abolish the concept of inheritance. If you want stuff, you gotta work for it, not get it literally handed down to you. You can do a small exception for items with personal significance.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Collapsing Farts posted:

How can you even say that when there's a disastrously money-starved military-industrial complex sitting right there with a little paper cup? :mad:

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Beeswax posted:

60k DKK seems generous. The figure I've always had in my head is SEK 50k and even that seems morally indefensible.

That's about what I make (not counting pension) and my output is absolutely not worth that much
Ofc I have slacker ADHD brain but still

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
BTW Denmark just lost a holiday for the first time in over 200 years but at least we got some employement perks more military out of it :toot:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

jeebus bob posted:

BTW Denmark just lost a holiday for the first time in over 200 years but at least we got some employement perks more military out of it :toot:

Butchering our already struggling bakers, to boot!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

jeebus bob posted:

That's about what I make (not counting pension) and my output is absolutely not worth that much
Ofc I have slacker ADHD brain but still

Almost like there's a correlation between fun cushy jobs and being overpaid... As long as you're sufficiently removed from working on real people or problems that is.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Read Bullshit Jobs.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Beeswax posted:

That's like 20K Danish, right?

Collapsing Farts posted:

Warhammer, I guess :orks:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

KozmoNaut posted:

33 660 dkk according to google

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Don't danes pay their own payroll taxes and stuff (arbetsgivaravgift) from their gross?

Tho bring out the guilliotines just to be safe imo.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

KozmoNaut posted:

Warhammer, I guess :orks:

Do you collect? I have a chunk of 1980s/90s lead figs taking up space I prefer.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Beeswax posted:

33 660 dkk according to google

Goddamn I prefer the way my salary sounds in SEK.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rust Martialis posted:

Do you collect? I have a chunk of 1980s/90s lead figs taking up space I prefer.

Kinda, as in "I have way too many that I've never gotten around to painting".

Esran
Apr 28, 2008

Threadkiller Dog posted:

Don't danes pay their own payroll taxes and stuff (arbetsgivaravgift) from their gross?

It's usually collected by the employer, so while the gross is listed on your pay stub, that money never crosses your bank account.

Which is frankly how it should be. I love not having to mess with taxes most of the time, and just having the tax authority send me a "We think you made this much, let us know if you disagree" summary every year.

jeebus bob posted:

Public opinion seems to be strongly against this and it's being forced through anyway. I've noticed that when people complain about this being undemocratic, party soldiers love popping in with an :actually: about how democracy doesn't mean doing what voters want, it's totally cool for politicians to pull poo poo like this out of a hat post-election, and if people don't like it, they can just vote the bastards out. In 3.5 years.

The spirit of VOTE has made it to Denmark. We really are America with a slight time lag.

Esran fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

I got like 2kr back one year. Woo.