Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khazars

quote:

19th century saw the emergence of the theory that the core of today's Ashkenazi Jews are descended from a hypothetical Khazarian Jewish diaspora which migrated westward from modern-day Russia and Ukraine into modern-day France and Germany. Linguistic and genetic studies have not supported the theory of a Khazar connection to Ashkenazi Jewry. The theory still finds occasional support, but most scholars view it with considerable skepticism. The theory is sometimes associated with antisemitism and anti-Zionism.

quote:

The Kazar hypothesis was further exploited by esoteric fascists such as Miguel Serrano, referring to a lost Palestinabuch by the German Nazi-scholar Herman Wirth, who claimed to have proven that the Jews descended from a prehistoric migrant group parasiting on the Great Civilizations. It was used to justify the Russian invasion of Ukraine in 2022, spreading via Telegram.

gently caress you Nathen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
There has to be a level nathen can sink to where it will be more of a bummer than fun to keep following his exploits. Not quite there for me yet. But close.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Someone's having another "episode".

Edit: Woah. I'm descended from a weird conspiracy? Wild.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Thank you for clarifying it for all the people who were confused from your last podcast

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Andrew Tate tried to tell everyone the truth but nobody would listen because his voice is so goddamn annoying to listen to.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Dig up, Nathen

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ooooof he's starting to go full mask off :stare:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
so uh can someone update me on the lore? Is the garfeats twitter still under his control? Is garfeats even still a thing

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I think we crossed that line back in episode 1 where he referred to his stepmother as “The Jew”

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Alan Smithee posted:

so uh can someone update me on the lore? Is the garfeats twitter still under his control? Is garfeats even still a thing

In order:
* No, it’s too exhausting
* Yes
* To Nathen, yes but in reality, no

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I wish I inherited the kind of awesome power from my Ashkenazi side these people think exists. Instead, I just got a bunch of issues with depression.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
so is Jim Davis just too tired to send a C&D

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Too busy counting his fat stacks and banging Garfield groupies.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Alan Smithee posted:

Jim Davis loves nathen, his youngest prodigy, it's the monsters from Viacom (?) who are trying to stop Nathen's success

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Alan Smithee posted:

The garfieldeats business is dead. Covid, wild mismanagement, and landmonsters. killed the physical restaurant. The business itself limped along for a while mostly as a fantasy/idea while in reality it was just Nathen selling mail-order frozen lasagnas to people in Canada.

Viacom bought the rights to Garfield licensing from Jim Davis at some point I guess and things were ok up until someone sent Viacom something embarrassing Nathen was doing online (probably that video of him making out with the giant stuffed Garfield) and their lawyers dropped the hammer on him, revoked his license and hit him with a C&D.

Since then he has rebranded himself as “Nathfield” which would still not pass the smell test in court if anyone at Viacom cared (no one does). Nathen is now making insane podcasts” which are really just radio plays with voice actors because he couldn’t afford an actual animated show on his allowance

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 26, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He still runs the Garfield EATS Twitter account and posts through it as though he retained the license, usually to boost his personal tweets; but literally nobody in the world follows Nathen on social media, so nobody's threatened him over it so far.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Aw, you fixed it. You wrote “insanel” and I wondered that was just a typo or a contraction of “insane” and “incel” which would also fit

Edit: “you” being Frank Frank

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Summary of podcasts:

Nathfield is a weird anthropomorphic (totally distinct) orange cat who is horny, loves cheese and owns an orange suit endowed with supernatural powers by God.

He’s going to use this suit to murder online trolls and save the world with the help of an androgynous angel/fairy named Gaby. The angel/fairy particularly dislikes a pig-man named Bill who stole a wheelchair from a social worker and is also an online troll.

That’s uh…pretty much it. There have been 3 episodes so far and that’s all we’ve been given to work with.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

In case you forgot...

That Garfield suit is lookin' a little rough around the eyes...

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

david_a posted:

Aw, you fixed it. You wrote “insanel” and I wondered that was just a typo or a contraction of “insane” and “incel” which would also fit

Edit: “you” being Frank Frank

I don’t think Nathen is insane tbh. He’s more like GOB Bluth where he has lived the life of a rich failson for so long he has just totally lost his grip on reality. It’s definitely a flavor of crazy but not the kind you should feel bad at laughing at.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Summary of podcasts:

Nathfield is a weird anthropomorphic (totally distinct) orange cat who is horny, loves cheese and owns an orange suit endowed with supernatural powers by God.

He’s going to use this suit to murder online trolls and save the world with the help of an androgynous angel/fairy named Gaby. The angel/fairy particularly dislikes a pig-man named Bill who stole a wheelchair from a social worker and is also an online troll.

That’s uh…pretty much it. There have been 3 episodes so far and that’s all we’ve been given to work with.

You forgot that it was brought to us by Egeez!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Between all that are many micro-lores, such as fork jail, or using the GarfieldEATS to expose lurid truths such as "the kid who worked here sometimes used weed"

And then there's the misogyny and antisemitism which ranges from run-of-the-mill to bart poo poo insane

edit- keeping in bart poo poo insane

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 26, 2023

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Escape From Noise posted:

You forgot that it was brought to us by Egeez!

No one (including Nathen) can articulate exactly what Eegeez is supposed to do so I felt it best just to pretend like it doesn’t exist.

Because it doesn’t.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The biannual Eggez launches are always highlight of the season

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

No one (including Nathen) can articulate exactly what Eegeez is supposed to do so I felt it best just to pretend like it doesn’t exist.

Because it doesn’t.

Looks like you missed some details about episode three, goonsir!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
#carton

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I mean, not really.

Like any of Nathen’s takes on pop-culture, the Velma thing is boring and vaguely racist. The “tell all” thing literally doesn’t happen. The angel/fairy explicitly says she won’t do this.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

I mean, not really.

Like any of Nathen’s takes on pop-culture, the Velma thing is boring and vaguely racist. The “tell all” thing literally doesn’t happen. The angel/fairy explicitly says she won’t do this.

I'm just Garfin' with you Frank Frank.thanks for doing the write-ups.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

Then she says, “It just blows when you rub your tinky-winky, I said”. That isn’t what she said. I am past caring.

I can feel the tiredness in this series of sentences

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I'm pretty sure transcribing these things shaves a massive portion off your life.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

If at not least his sanity..

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

of all the weird insults you could levy against someone you definitely don't know at all, nymphomaniac is a hell of a pick

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
Is there some hot conspiracy theory around about the Khazars that Nathen just heard about or something? I think that's the third time he's mentioned them lately.

I'm almost curious enough to want to know more, just to see the impressive leaps in logic and lack of intelligence required to conclude that a semi nomadic khaganate that hasn't existed for a millennium is not only still around but also spending their time bribing Madonna and working against Andrew Tate. I guess they meet once a week or something to make sure they're all of one mind. But from other comments in the thread I can already tell that it's just going to be something like "some Khazars converted to Judaism, therefore Khazar = Jewish."

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I’m sure people in Andrew Tate’s orbit are big into this theory, and being Arab he’s probably also exposed to it from less savory elements of that culture.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Offler posted:

Is there some hot conspiracy theory around about the Khazars that Nathen just heard about or something? I think that's the third time he's mentioned them lately.

I'm almost curious enough to want to know more, just to see the impressive leaps in logic and lack of intelligence required to conclude that a semi nomadic khaganate that hasn't existed for a millennium is not only still around but also spending their time bribing Madonna and working against Andrew Tate. I guess they meet once a week or something to make sure they're all of one mind. But from other comments in the thread I can already tell that it's just going to be something like "some Khazars converted to Judaism, therefore Khazar = Jewish."

no it's because he's a Saudi antisemite, it's not really more complicated than that

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
All this Khazar bullshit is just another cycle in the carousel of racists trying to stay ahead of public awareness of their terminology. Once Khazar becomes a well enough known dog whistle, they'll move on to something new. As it stands, it carries absolutely no special meaning, you can just substitute in Jews.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

dokmo posted:

There has to be a level nathen can sink to where it will be more of a bummer than fun to keep following his exploits. Not quite there for me yet. But close.

i am well past this point, nathen is a turdman

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I wish God would give Nathen a good shake, or maybe a few dozen, as necessary. Nothing seems to phase him notably (Nathen I mean not God), including losing his beloved GarfEATS license, the complete failure of his dating/marriage ('TV contest show') attempt, the lack of both job applicants and customers for his useless eGeez operation, and getting only a handful of likes on average and even fewer comments for each of his social media posts in spite of his supposedly "WORLD FAMOUS, MILLIONS OF READERS!!!" presence on multiple platforms.

Maybe a large corporation could hire him to fire people (which methinks wouldn't phase Nathen much if at all), on the conditions that he otherwise shuts the gently caress up completely on company time and doesn't post about them or mention them in media interviews.

But I guess, as has been stated ITT, Nathen doesn't need a job or more money (due to Daddy warbucks or whatever), so why bother even attempting anything vaguely useful (except for facilitating random entergagement).

Anyway God bless him, thoughts and prayers.

If you're reading this Nathen, pls ask us for a free (a gift from us to you) forums membership so you can post here, we are always fascinated by your output, in one way or another.

tl:dr: Do read it, it's an entergaging post I swear.

Edit: Had misspelt entergagement as entergement. (Which is spookily close to 'engorgement'. But I doubt anyone here has cracked a fat or got a girl boner at Nathantics, maybe if he dropped the racist conspiracy "theory" BS and didn't have such a disturbing stare... or beard.)

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 26, 2023

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Feline Mind Meld posted:

of all the weird insults you could levy against someone you definitely don't know at all, nymphomaniac is a hell of a pick

I think it's just random "oh she's a lesbian therefore she must be a nympho"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

the garfieldeats instagram account has been posting about 'what could have been' recently

"all kinds of internet freaks" eh