Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I would be concerned about losing Bratt if Meier gets like $9m though. That means Bratt has a case for $8.5m+. Devils could make it work by offloading guys like Wood/Blackwood and not re-signing Tatar though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Knights entered the league in 2017 and they’ve traded every single 1st or player drafted with their 1st except for Brendan Brisson in 2020

Perpetually going for it, owns

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

fawning deference posted:

I would be concerned about losing Bratt if Meier gets like $9m though. That means Bratt has a case for $8.5m+. Devils could make it work by offloading guys like Wood/Blackwood and not re-signing Tatar though.

Even if they spent $18 million on Bratt and Meier, they'd still have 18 to re-sign folks.
$4m for Sharangovich
$4-6 million for whoever 2nd pairing LD ends up being
the remaining $8-10 million on 5 more bottom 6 players

It's tight and you'll lose some familiar faces but that top 6 would be loving incredible.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
There's a good chance Luke Hughes is the the number 2 LD next year anyway.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-Bone posted:

There's a good chance Luke Hughes is the the number 2 LD next year anyway.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about him. That's even better. Ride those ELCs
That's plenty of space to keep their depth

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Even if they spent $18 million on Bratt and Meier, they'd still have 18 to re-sign folks.
$4m for Sharangovich
$4-6 million for whoever 2nd pairing LD ends up being
the remaining $8-10 million on 5 more bottom 6 players

It's tight and you'll lose some familiar faces but that top 6 would be loving incredible.

Yup, for sure. I think Tatar is as good as gone and he should get deservedly paid elsewhere. I do like Graves and would like them to keep him, but he's not a necessary piece and maybe Hughes/Nemec replace his spot next year.

Sharangovich-Hughes-Bratt
Mercer-Hischier-Meier
Palat-???-Boqvist
Bastian-McLeod-Zetterlund

That probably should be the forwards next year, with 3C being something they would need to fill.

Then you let Graves walk and give Bahl a steady spot and either Hughes or Nemec can step up next year. But that would be risky since Severson is as good as gone as well.

So you'd have Hamilton/Marino/Siegenthaler which is great, and then you'd have Bahl/Hughes or Nemec and would probably need to go get a solid defenseman for the bottom 4.

Blackwood goes and you still have Vanecek and Schmid.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
And Nemec likely will get a good chance to replace Severson.

Yup, for sure. I think Tatar is as good as gone and he should get deservedly paid elsewhere. I do like Graves and would like them to keep him, but he's not a necessary piece and maybe Hughes/Nemec replace his spot next year.

Sharangovich-Hughes-Bratt
Mercer-Hischier-Meier
Palat-???-Boqvist
Bastian-McLeod-Zetterlund

That probably should be the forwards next year, with 3C being something they would need to fill.

There are a number of bottom six capable guys in the AHL knocking on the door. Graeme Clarke is the big one, but Nolan Foote and Tyce Thompson are at least 4th line capable.

And then on D Reilly Walsh is still interesting although given he's more of an offensive guy I doubt they have the balls to roll out a third pair of him and Nemec unless he shows a ton in preseason.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 26, 2023

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

And Nemec likely will get a good chance to replace Severson.

Yeah, I think it's risky to have all 3 of Bahl, Hughes, and Nemec in the everyday defense without having an insurance plan if one of them doesn't cut it immediately, but then again, it really looks like Hughes and Nemec are going to hit and Bahl has gotten much better as of late.

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
Bahl-Nemec

Actually that could rule.

fawning deference fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 26, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Goalie goal!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Yeah, I think it's risky to have all 3 of Bahl, Hughes, and Nemec in the everyday defense without having an insurance plan if one of them doesn't cut it immediately, but then again, it really looks like Hughes and Nemec are going to hit and Bahl has gotten much better as of late.

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
Bahl-Nemec

Yeah I'd like to see them try that. Smith is still signed another year and will likely be the #7. If they trade Bahl they likely need to sign a capable #6 though before next season which shouldn't cost a ton though. Unless I suppose Okhotyuk shows enough, but man he looks like a NHL d-man from 1997. I'm much more confident in Mukhamadullin who is coming over at the end of his KHL season though. But he also might be part of a Meier trade.

e: 3C would probably be the biggest hole if all of this happens. But they should have enough money to sign someone decent. Wouldn't be surprised if Zetterlund or Sharangovich is traded in the Meier deal though, so that's another potential hole.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 26, 2023

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Hughes-Marino
Bahl-Nemec

That's a spot you'd fill with a UFA looking for a cup or a show-I-still-got-it sorta deal, I think. If they're top-loaded with forward talent, someone like Ghost or Gustafsson or whatever could be a stop-gap for a year or two and I don't see why they wouldn't be anxious to give it a go.

T-Bone posted:

Yeah I'd like to see them try that. Smith is still signed another year and will likely be the #7. If they trade Bahl they likely need to sign a capable #6 though before next season which shouldn't cost a ton though.

e: 3C would probably be the biggest hole if all of this happens. But they should have enough money to sign someone decent. Wouldn't be surprised if Zetterlund or Sharangovich is traded in the Meier deal though, so that's another potential hole.

3C market is pretty flush this offseason. Staal, Compher, Kerfoot, Monahan (if you're not relying on that position to PK), Pius Suter

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I do kinda think we will see Holtz and either Zetterlund or Sharangovich go.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Mukhamadullin is playing top 4 minutes in the KHL right now (and has been for several seasons). I honestly think he could walk into a lot of teams top 6s this year but I don't think the Devils would have the balls to ice him, Nemec, and Hughes next year. That and he might be traded for Meier.

Especially considering Mukhamadullin is another guy who is more on the offensive side despite his size. Profiles like a Mike Matheson, incredible skater but a bit of a dunce defensively sometimes.

and don't get me wrong I've been loving Mike Matheson's game these last few seasons and would be thrilled if he was that.

https://twitter.com/matt_NJD/status/1625868437775060995

https://twitter.com/Guadana5/status/1624207494858809344

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 26, 2023

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I do kinda think we will see Holtz and either Zetterlund or Sharangovich go.

Sharangovich definitely owns as an up and down the line-up slot anywhere sort of utility player but he also seems like he's due some decent money so I could see him being an appealing piece for SJ to receive and the Devils to deal

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Alright, this is about the same as a 1st round pick so good job Doug!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Ron Hextall done his job yet? Checks capfriendly Nope? Guess not. Well alright then.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Did you not notice that Kasperi Kapanen is no longer on the Penguins' capfriendly page? That job is fuckin' great even if it's late, mate

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 26, 2023

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Ron Hextall done his job yet? Checks capfriendly Nope? Guess not. Well alright then.

He's gonna wait Arizona out until they drop the price on Chychrun

Definitely gonna happen any day now

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm confused regarding Chychrun, I thought him to LA was a done deal

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

No the Coyotes are pretending it's Almost Done so they can continually scratch him for tanking purposes.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/vzmercogliano/status/1629928512663482368

Fine with me considering how terrible they've looked with 11F 7D.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I'm starting to wonder what the return is if it doesn't touch the current roster and doesn't include a 1st, but I'm starting to think they decided to give up their other 1st after Kane scored a hat trick against the Leafs.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Zodijackylite posted:

I'm starting to wonder what the return is if it doesn't touch the current roster and doesn't include a 1st, but I'm starting to think they decided to give up their other 1st after Kane scored a hat trick against the Leafs.

As long as it doesn't include Othmann, Jones, or Sykora I'm fine with losing a 1st (not wild about it but it is what it is, the window is open). They've got quite the cap crunch coming over the next few years and they're going to need these kids to come up assuming they pan out.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
That's fair, they're going to need those guys on ELCs in the coming years.

I'm not too high on Jones, though. I watched him Hartford a few times and he still makes a lot of mistakes at the AHL level. He reminds me of Michael Del Zotto's rookie year where he added a good amount of offense, but was a defensive nightmare and regularly got caught and burned trying to make plays he shouldn't have. Considering my assessment, I expect him to become a Norris trophy candidate for another team within five years.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Stars traded Denis Gurianov to Montreal for Evgeni Dadonov, with Montreal retaining half salary on Dadonov

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Vegas has their next 3 first round picks. So presumably those and a roster player or 2.

cormier, sapovaliv, dorofeyev and brisson are all good prospects. vegas has been really good/lucky at finding value in rounds 2+

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Zodijackylite posted:

That's fair, they're going to need those guys on ELCs in the coming years.

I'm not too high on Jones, though. I watched him Hartford a few times and he still makes a lot of mistakes at the AHL level. He reminds me of Michael Del Zotto's rookie year where he added a good amount of offense, but was a defensive nightmare and regularly got caught and burned trying to make plays he shouldn't have. Considering my assessment, I expect him to become a Norris trophy candidate for another team within five years.

I think jones isn’t in the plans for this team and that’s probably OK in the end but they need a bit better 3 Ld solution

crashlanding
Dec 11, 2006

Leading the offense for a fraction of the cost
Waiting for Meier to get traded for a month has ruined me

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

crashlanding posted:

Waiting for Meier to get traded for a month has ruined me

Gonna hurt even more when Timo is traded to a team “closer to his family” in Switzerland

E: oh poo poo, Poile retired

https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1629950560139984898?s=46&t=LKTHaT6N10MyoVYs7tlJ8Q

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Dirty Burger posted:

Gonna hurt even more when Timo is traded to a team “closer to his family” in Switzerland

E: oh poo poo, Poile retired

https://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1629950560139984898?s=46&t=LKTHaT6N10MyoVYs7tlJ8Q

Apparently, Trotz will be the new Preds GM

Hah

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Trotz was a great coach but he seems like he’s going to be a terrible GM.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

:lol:
That's me when my uncle starts to talk politics at the Thanksgiving dinner table.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

Trotz was a great coach but he seems like he’s going to be a terrible GM.

Yeah that's gonna be ugly

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's timo time baby

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1629960215390048257?t=vhKRJBlektYeAssoDLquFg&s=19

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

YESSSS

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

now sign bratt plz

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Better get a good return Mr. Grier.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

So there's no extension as part of the de. Meier is open to negotiating, but the return for SJ probably won't be as good and NJ will probably work hard to extend him and Bratt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
woooo