Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The ogryn grenade is an entire crate of grenades that they throw at the enemy, because they’re too dumb to take the grenades out and pull the pins. It doesn’t explode(unless you take a certain talent), so it just does single target damage. A lot of damage. It’s the single most damaging attack in the game.

It’s great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
hah, holy poo poo, the ogryn's new trait that buffs your next heavy attack based on how staggers you inflict: it doesn't specifically say the staggers have to be melee. yes, ive been using the recently-juiced up kickback to mulch crowds and then rallying up a big swing to destroy the survivors. this thing has potential, imma say if it can makes the power maul and whatever else shine more compared to the usual bull butcher meta. ive had great results using a shovel in a test game

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

How does this blessing work?

Is that 5 stacks of up to 10% each? Or is 10% the amount at 5 stacks?

e: based on meat grinder testing it looks like it's 5 stacks of up to 10% each - hard to tell really but if I kill a Damnation mutant with a fresh magazine it does about 1600 DPS, if I shoot 3/4 of my mag into the air then finish it off on the mutant it does ~2200 dps.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 26, 2023

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
yeah it stacks up to 50% damage. between it and charmed reload going up to 10 bullets reloaded on crit, stubber got some terrifying juice this patch, even if accuracy is basically nonexistent past a certain range

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Khizan posted:

The flamer is the one weapon I can't do without, honestly. The ability to quickly and safely convert a hallway filled with ragers into a hallway filled with smoldering corpses has saved so many runs for me. Also I am really bad at aiming so it is extremely nice to have a ranged weapon that doesn't require it.
I wasn't too on board with it before because of crushers, but having learned the Chastise the Wicked trick I've been taking it a couple times lately and loving it. It even has decent range so you can use it aggressively to make entire shooter squads cower in fear behind their cover. :flame:

Feels great to have so many viable melee and ranged weapons, even on damnation.

deep dish peat moss posted:

How does this blessing work?

Is that 5 stacks of up to 10% each? Or is 10% the amount at 5 stacks?

e: based on meat grinder testing it looks like it's 5 stacks of up to 10% each - hard to tell really but if I kill a Damnation mutant with a fresh magazine it does about 1600 DPS, if I shoot 3/4 of my mag into the air then finish it off on the mutant it does ~2200 dps.
Yeah, they buffed that one quite a lot in the recent patch so any weapon that can take it probably should. I've lucked out on a flamer with that and overpressure and it's been great.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mods are out now!

https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kdarktide

Although apparently the mod loader got auto quarantined so you have to download it from discord or wait. Can't wait to test them out later.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
omfg

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
No nude mods, am disappointed.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Already a lot of nice little mods in there like the scoreboard, adjustable HUD, and cosmetic previews. A lot of nice little things that I'd expect Fatshark to do but, well, I guess they got bigger fish to fry so let the modders fix their game for them. :fatshark:

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
I mean just to be the devil's advocate for a bit, but adding mod support to a game is not some trivial thing to do; it's not like you can flip a switch and presto now your game supports modding.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Stanley Pain posted:

No nude mods, am disappointed.

Slaaneshi cultist spotted :commissar:

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Is there any documentation on how to like... get started with it?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1048312484227973120/1079276466610634822/Darktide-Mod-Loader.zip

link to mod loader

video on how to get started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBC5CkLgBos&t=1s

the other stuff from Nexus should work

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Yes, a scoreboard!

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Finally I can see how much worse I am than I thought.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

hm scorebord didnt work just now but other qol stuff does, like no running around anymore in the hub. so good

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Video skipped mentioning a necessary step for first-time installation, which is "run the toggle_darktide_mods.bat file after copying modloader files into the game directory". After doing that it seems to be working without issue.
This step is mentioned on the discord post to be fair, but it's easy to miss if you've just got the video in the background listening to the instructions while copying stuff.

haldolium posted:

hm scorebord didnt work just now but other qol stuff does, like no running around anymore in the hub. so good
IIRC the scoreboard one has like 3 dependancies, so I'd doublecheck on those. Load order probably matters too.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 26, 2023

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

sushibandit posted:

Video skipped mentioning a necessary step for first-time installation, which is "run the toggle_darktide_mods.bat file after copying modloader files into the game directory". After doing that it seems to be working without issue.
This step is mentioned on the discord post to be fair, but it's easy to miss if you've just got the video in the background listening to the instructions while copying stuff.

IIRC the scoreboard one has like 3 dependancies, so I'd doublecheck on those. Load order probably matters too.

yeah missed them indeed, now the scoreboard is working too. Without the dependencies only pickup UI worked, which is also pretty neat

and the video is a bit of overkill, the 4 lines of instructions from the mod discord are all thats needed

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

What is the load order needed to get the scoreboard working? I've got the pickup UI and lobby hotkeys working just fine, but I can't get that one going.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

haldolium posted:

yeah missed them indeed, now the scoreboard is working too. Without the dependencies only pickup UI worked, which is also pretty neat

and the video is a bit of overkill, the 4 lines of instructions from the mod discord are all thats needed

If you have the gamepass version there's an additional step because the patcher only checks for the Steam directory. You need to either change the .bat file or replace the .exe with an updated version from github.

code:
@echo off
start .\tools\dtkit-patch.exe
to

code:
@echo off
start .\tools\dtkit-patch.exe --patch "C:\XboxGames\Warhammer 40,000- Darktide\Content\bundle"
pause
exit
Change the drive letter/path game installed on a different drive.

Defender nuked the updated exe when I downloaded it so I just changed the .bat file.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

What is the load order needed to get the scoreboard working? I've got the pickup UI and lobby hotkeys working just fine, but I can't get that one going.

I think you just need to have the dependencies first, here's my load order:
dmf
ui_extension
animation_events
scoreboard
hub_hotkey_menus
Healthbars
PingMonitor
PreviewCosmetics

Squatch Ambassador fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 26, 2023

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Cognac McCarthy posted:

not sure if it's necessarily so, but I figured in having the dependent mods animation events and ui extensions load before it may be required :shrug:

quote:

ui_extension
animation_events
scoreboard
settings_extension
graphics_options
hub_hotkey_menus
NumericUI
PingMonitor

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
Is there any place to get a description on what all the fancy numbers on my gear means? Like, okay, "+1 wound" is pretty self evident, but poo poo like "35% crowd control" or "0.5s bleed stack with cleave on elite dregs" is completely meaningless to me.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Mods are great - be careful with the screen effects mod though - it defaults to EVERYTHING off and that includes all the screen indicators that you're getting owned. I went through a fight and was like "wow i did good" and then noticed I had lost half my health lol

I am slowly turning back on some of these, like toughness break indicators and stuff because the mod even disables the sound effects that play when that happens.

Scoreboard mod does show that I am being as effective as I think which is good (in terms of giving me feedback on my play)

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I wish the reroll mod would let me just pick the perk I want and not just the rarity. Go take a poo poo, have a shower, come back and have it go through all 250 rerolls for me would be nice.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Scoreboard mod has too much info imo. By the time I read it, the mission overview screen times out. But yeah, having mods is great. The mourningstar hotkey one alone saves so much time.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Mendrian posted:

I wish the reroll mod would let me just pick the perk I want and not just the rarity. Go take a poo poo, have a shower, come back and have it go through all 250 rerolls for me would be nice.

It does though?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

.Z. posted:

It does though?

Really? Where?

It lets you set the desired rarity and max rerolls. There's no ui component for pick which trait you want, you have to keep rolling as far as I can tell?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Mendrian posted:

Really? Where?

It lets you set the desired rarity and max rerolls. There's no ui component for pick which trait you want, you have to keep rolling as far as I can tell?

Wait, when you say mod do you mean something besides the OCR reroller?
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/10mytru/guide_automate_perk_rerolls_with_gocrclicker/

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
so what's the common wisdom on weapon minimum ratings to upgrade now? 70+ on all stats except for the dump stat? or 360+ only? or hell, 370+ only?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

upgrade everything to at least blue to check for blessings, if the stats are good enough upgrade anything fully if perk1 and blessing1 are good. If it's 365+ with stats in the right buckets you upgrade all the way because "i can fix her"

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

lmao, didn't need to reroll a single thing on this, except maybe one of the perks to crit chance, I guess this thing would eat up unyielding enemies even without the 20% bonus.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 27, 2023

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

lmao, didn't need to reroll a single thing on this, except maybe one of the perks to crit chance, I guess this thing would eat up unyielding enemies even without the 20% bonus.

I would not be able to resist pulling that out for every single horde.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

.Z. posted:

Wait, when you say mod do you mean something besides the OCR reroller?
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/10mytru/guide_automate_perk_rerolls_with_gocrclicker/

Yeah there's an actual mod for it. The link you posted looks nice but also probably too much work for me to set up for the most part.

https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kdarktide/mods/30

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

You definitely need to add +5% crit chance to take advantage of Charmed Reload. Ogryn only had a 5% base crit chance and I’ve read that the Stubber has a -3% crit chance modifier. If that’s true, the average number of rounds the two crit chances add would jump from 26 to 172 per clip (assuming all shots land).

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Okay, I am really liking flamers now that I have one which actually feels usable. Infinity stagger is nice, but I assume at some point I'll want to swap that out for something like Overpressure, and maybe try for a better perk than elite damage?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

sushibandit posted:

Okay, I am really liking flamers now that I have one which actually feels usable. Infinity stagger is nice, but I assume at some point I'll want to swap that out for something like Overpressure, and maybe try for a better perk than elite damage?

I'd roll for reload speed perk. My understanding is all the perk damage bonuses do not impact the burn damage ticks. And I'm not sure if +Power blessings impact burn damage ticks.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Power affects all the stats , so you get more damage, burn, radius, etc

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Mendrian posted:

Yeah there's an actual mod for it. The link you posted looks nice but also probably too much work for me to set up for the most part.

https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kdarktide/mods/30
Honestly, setup was less effort than mods. Download, extract, run the exe. Follow the instructions for initial setup to define the click zones and you are good to go.

Jerkface posted:

Power affects all the stats , so you get more damage, burn, radius, etc
Awesome.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

:hellyeah:

Then my melee weapon is a 475 rating Power Maul with Brutal Momentum, Thunderstrike, and bonus damage against unarmored/unyielding enemies. I'm working on Curios now but at this point Heresy feels like a cakewalk

The only downside to this gun is that it can shoot for so long without reloading that it's easy to tunnel vision and forget about situational awareness, when you never stop firing you never spin around to check your flanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

The only downside to this gun is that it can shoot for so long without reloading that it's easy to tunnel vision and forget about situational awareness, when you never stop firing you never spin around to check your flanks.

That sounds like something a heretic would say.