Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's an hour since the trade showed up on twitter and still nothing on the return lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/adamzherman/status/1629975236748689408?s=46&t=Jkh1YbrKPBfGjP3LJeJj7g

The gymnastics to fit Kane are legitimately getting out of hand.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

can we add home ice in the first round to the Kane trade?

I mean not that the Rock won't be half Rangers fans anyway

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Good chance Matthew Tkachuk will pay K’Andre’s fine

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

T-Bone posted:

can we add home ice in the first round to the Kane trade?

I mean not that the Rock won't be half Rangers fans anyway

Half?

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

secret volcano lair posted:

who the hell is scott harrington

I always associate him with being a Penguin despite him only playing like a dozen games before being part of the Kessel trade. He signed off a PTO this year I think at this point he's a warm body with hockey skates.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Hmmm no I think Kane/Tarasenko contribute slightly less than half of what Meier contributes on ice at this stage of their careers.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

T-Bone posted:

Hmmm no I think Kane/Tarasenko contribute slightly less than half of what Meier contributes on ice at this stage of their careers.

please do better than this

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
The rangers paying too much for players past their prime really takes me back, I just want to put a limp bizkit cd in my 1998 Acura integra and drive

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

WeaponX posted:

please do better than this

this is like Barclay Goodrow asking Adam Fox to do better

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The New Switzerland Devils

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/Sheng_Peng/status/1629982093982994432

https://twitter.com/ryannovo62/status/1629984000281329665

I guess theoretically it could include Johnsson and a bunch of futures, would be a bit surprising though.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Please be Miles Wood Please be Miles Wood Please be Miles Wood Please be Miles Wood Please be Miles Wood Please be Miles Wood Please be Miles Wood

I'm guesing it's either Zetterlund or Johnsson like you guys have said

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

T-Bone posted:

this is like Barclay Goodrow asking Adam Fox to do better

are you using an AI program for these comebacks?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

WeaponX posted:

are you using an AI program for these comebacks?

are you unaware that you're the worst hockey poster in SAS two years running?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Zetterlund hasn't been informed either. I'm really hoping Grier liked Wood and it's him plus the Holtz / 1st.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

T-Bone posted:

there are prizes???

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Does just Johnsson + retained work salary wise? I think it does but not positive. Wild that the return hasn't been leaked an hour past the break.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Does just Johnsson + retained work salary wise? I think it does but not positive. Wild that the return hasn't been leaked an hour past the break.

I think it might be a more complicated deal. There's a second Sharks player in the deal, meaning NHL-level, and there has to be some salary going back for the Devils to be cap compliant.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

T-Bone posted:

https://twitter.com/Sheng_Peng/status/1629982093982994432

https://twitter.com/ryannovo62/status/1629984000281329665

I guess theoretically it could include Johnsson and a bunch of futures, would be a bit surprising though.

brb calling every player in the devils organization.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

T-Bone posted:

I work so hard…and this is how I find out?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

youve gone soft in the post-cup years. really disappointed a lot of folks out there llama, what do you have to say to your fans?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Wonderllama posted:

snatched ur crown, king. rest in power.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Wonderllama posted:

your holy war against the Bruins has elevated you several tiers

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

There's a chance Mika just broke his ankle blocking a shot. If that's the case just drop this Kane bullshit because that's the season.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/Sheng_Peng/status/1629988487951974400?s=20

No idea if this guy is legit

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I'm really sorry that things didn't work out for Denis Gurianov in Dallas, he seems like a really cool dude irl.

Gurianov is an excellent skater (like easily top 5% in the league among forwards) who has a great shot off the wing if you can unlock it on the powerplay. He will occasionally have games where he looks really impressive, beats defenders with his speed like they are standing still, and creates a few good scoring chances.. You'll wonder why the coaches don't give him more ice time and better linemates. He isn't afraid to drive the net hard either with the puck on his stick or trying to get open for a pass. The last couple years his line bleeds scoring chances and zone possession time when he is on the ice though, and at the end of the day the good stuff hasn't outweighed the fact that Gurianov has really struggled just to stick in the lineup with multiple coaches because of his defensive deficiencies.

And I'm not one that takes the "evidence" of multiple coaches disliking a player as proof of that player not having what it takes or whatever, these coaches are all clones of each-other who value / dislike the exact same qualities in players so it's not a surprise that a guy struggles under multiple successive coaches in basically the same culture / system. I hope that Montreal can figure out how to get the best out of the player like Colorado did with Nichushkin. It was so obviously not going to happen in Dallas however (because Dallas ruins many a young player unless they are a transcendent talent like Jason Robertson or Miro Heiskanen) so I can't be real sad about Gurianov leaving now instead of as a free agent in the off-season.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

There's a chance Mika just broke his ankle blocking a shot. If that's the case just drop this Kane bullshit because that's the season.

I thought it hit him on the knee first, but looking at it went right above the boot and that was a hard slapper too. The fact he could not put weight on it instantly was pretty telling

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Sharks beat writer. He's legit.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

trilljester posted:

Sharks beat writer. He's legit.

Interesting. If there's a third team, that might explain the second Sharks player being informed of the trade. I wonder if this is some massive chaos trade.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

6-8 weeks means hes back first round of the playoffs.

If that's the case, time to play the ltir game!!!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/status/1629990286989438976

lol

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/1629992237131001856?s=20

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ok I needed this lmao

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

fawning deference posted:

Interesting. If there's a third team, that might explain the second Sharks player being informed of the trade. I wonder if this is some massive chaos trade.

Just announce it’s the Wild already

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lol somebody actually traded for him

Just lol

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Mika is on the bench so no break

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Wonderllama posted:

The rangers paying too much for players past their prime really takes me back, I just want to put a limp bizkit cd in my 1998 Acura integra and drive

smiling softly as I repeat the name Jeff Beukeboom to myself

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lmao

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Diet Crack posted:

Mika is on the bench so no break

What a loving relief.