Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Gold Coast spa drowning victim was doing nangs in the spa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

FTFY

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Nangs in the spa till I run out of breath sounds like a Bogan Kesha lyric

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
they'll have to engrave this on his coffin

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cremate him and put the ashes in empty canisters that you scatter around parks.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Jestery posted:

Nangs in the spa till I run out of breath sounds like a Bogan Kesha lyric

let me huff that nang na-nang nang nang

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
are cane toads edible?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Grognan posted:

are cane toads edible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEpW4b8IOMw

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Everything is edible. Some things are only edible once.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Laserface posted:

Everything is edible. Some things are only edible once.

Hey you could probably get a few down before they did you in if you ate fast!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SUU1f3Mgpc

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Grognan posted:

are cane toads edible?

can you eat them? yes
should you eat them? also yes

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Laserface posted:

Everything is an edible.

The latest Channel 7 reality tv show

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Is that NEW new? Or closed down after 3 months?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Is that NEW new? Or closed down after 3 months?

According to articles on google it was “set to open” in November, and is currently listed on google maps as “permanently closed” :laffo:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/NjGzUSuJWpcv88DD7?g_st=ic

The reviews are a land of contrasts

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

webmeister posted:

According to articles on google it was “set to open” in November, and is currently listed on google maps as “permanently closed” :laffo:

I... did not mean to be that accurate...

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

webmeister posted:

I guess one at each end of the spectrum is a contrast.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1629963133686259712

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

gently caress off I'm full

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Wow if they work hard, they could be as popular as Carl's Jr over here!

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I’m sure I remember going to a Wendy’s in Melbourne in the mid 80s. It was in the city, and kind of below street level.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Capt.Whorebags posted:

I’m sure I remember going to a Wendy’s in Melbourne in the mid 80s. It was in the city, and kind of below street level.

I think there is two types of Wendys. The burger joint that is trying to open up and there was a soft serve / hot dog thing that used to exist back in the day. I have no idea if they're related but I also remember that as a thing from when I was a grommet.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Wendys Milk Bar is an Aussie chain that is not related to Wendys in the USA.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Chrpno posted:

Wow if they work hard, they could be as popular as Carl's Jr over here!

Went there once and despite being pissed as a chook the burgers were mediocre at best. Wonder if they're that shithouse over in canada jr?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Seems like US fast food chains have had a bit of a chequered history getting established over here? Obviously McDs, the Colonel, and Subway are here to stay, but Burger King hosed up so bad they had to change their name and start again, Dominos is just rebadged Silvios dial-a-pizza, Sizzler died in the rear end (RIP), Pizza Hut died in the rear end, and things like Carl's Jr and Five Guys and In n Out open one shop in Melbourne and one at Brisbane airport and remain a niche oddity.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Taco Bell Fairfield has the worst chips I've litteraly ever had

Worse than the time I half stone made chips in my late teens

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Inceltown posted:

Wendys Milk Bar is an Aussie chain that is not related to Wendys in the USA.

Hope the interlopers have to change their name to Hungry Jacky or something.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
That Redhead won't do well in the Australian sun

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

When I was a kid there was a Mexican restaurant called Taco Bill in Frankston. (There is also one in Mornington).

For the longest time, whenever I heard them say "Taco Bell" on American TV shows and stuff, I thought they were referencing that restaurant, and thought it must be a famous chain.

That's my US-fast-food-chain-restaurant-in-Australia-adjacent-story.

As an aside, the Taco Bill I am thinking of, (across the road from the old cinemas on Nepean Highway), was very lax about it's alcohol serving laws. So me and my friends could walk in, sit down and enjoy beers with our meal when we were 15-16 without any hassle. Possibly why it isn't there anymore.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

When I was a kid there was a Mexican restaurant called Taco Bill in Frankston. (There is also one in Mornington).

For the longest time, whenever I heard them say "Taco Bell" on American TV shows and stuff, I thought they were referencing that restaurant, and thought it must be a famous chain.

That's my US-fast-food-chain-restaurant-in-Australia-adjacent-story.

As an aside, the Taco Bill I am thinking of, (across the road from the old cinemas on Nepean Highway), was very lax about it's alcohol serving laws. So me and my friends could walk in, sit down and enjoy beers with our meal when we were 15-16 without any hassle. Possibly why it isn't there anymore.

There's still a few Taco Bills around Melbourne.
I think Bill was a yank who pretty much opened the first "Mexican" restaurants in Australia
I've been to the one in South Melbourne a few times when I worked near there because they sold dirt cheap margaritas. The food was whatever

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Taco Bell is ok, it's just a slurry of meat and cheese but I don't mind that. But every one I've been in has had about 3 customers in the whole place, dunno if it will last.

I just like doing the Sly Stallone voice when I go in there.... "and dis guy wants to take me to Taco Bell!"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wendy's is above-average as American fast food goes. I especially recommend the frosties, which are milkshakes that you have to eat with a spoon.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wendy's is above-average as American fast food goes. I especially recommend the frosties, which are milkshakes that you have to eat with a spoon.

Yes but its made in Australia so it will be extra shite

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I hope we get a new Where's The Beef campaign

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Where's the Beef?

RIGHT FUCKIN HERE MATE

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Chrpno posted:

Burger King hosed up so bad they had to change their name and start again

I thought it was because when they launched into Australia there was already a guy in Adelaide or something with a trademarked Burger King restaurant, and when the seppos tried to buy it off him he basically said no way get hosed gently caress off.

So the bloke setting up the operation, Jack Cowin, wracked his brain for literal seconds before naming it after himself

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

webmeister posted:

I thought it was because when they launched into Australia there was already a guy in Adelaide or something with a trademarked Burger King restaurant, and when the seppos tried to buy it off him he basically said no way get hosed gently caress off.

So the bloke setting up the operation, Jack Cowin, wracked his brain for literal seconds before naming it after himself

Would have been funnier if it was Dick Smith

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Yeah, there was a takeaway place in Adelaide that was already named Burger King so they decided to name the Australian franchise of Burger King Hungry Jacks to avoid copyright issues and then got into a legal battle with actual US Burger King instead lol.

They were only allowed to use Burger King trademarks if they expanded their business at a certain rate, which they fell short of or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Milkshake you eat with a spoon is called ice cream