Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

Aaaaand my phone, while capable of DOWNLOADING the game, randomly quits back to the phone homepage every time I try to actually start the game. MRGRGR.

Yeah, I straight up couldn't play any fight but the very first tutorial one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
It kicked me out and I had just finished the Ebony Queen boss fight. :rant:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yeah, I straight up couldn't play any fight but the very first tutorial one.

I didn't even get to any fights! I was partway through the opening cutscene with Wolf, Lion and Panther on the bit that I got the furthest into!

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Got three 000s in two pulls of the starter banner and a couple fights in, so I'm satisfied. Games good as hell

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm going to wait an hour or two to tell if my phone being a bit old or if the server stuff is why I couldn't get in.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
not being able to reroll on steam is hella dumb and not being to transfer data between phone and steam is hella dumb and this maintenance sucks rear end

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I mean at least the latter appears to just be a temporary day 1 issue. The former, I don't know.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1630050437675249664

WELP. We dunno when the maintenance is going to end.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
What happens when maintenance ends?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1630050437675249664

WELP. We dunno when the maintenance is going to end.
We'd better get apologems for this.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
13 Limbillion lunacy or riot

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1630051787519713280

Well they found the cause: they underestimated how many people were gonna play Limbus.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i didn't even get to be one of the 100k to crash the server :mad:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
A gacha game crashing and burning on launch day because they didn't anticipate the load on their servers? No, say it isn't so. That's unpossible.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Well yeah, but I'm still allowed to be sad because I wanted to play it and I can't.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So... *cough* does anyone think Dante might be a certain person whose name is a single letter?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

KobunFan posted:

So... *cough* does anyone think Dante might be a certain person whose name is a single letter?
That's what I've firmly believed since he was revealed (if That Man Distorted he'd definitely get time powers because of his reliance on the TT2 protocols) but apparently he might also be a character from Leviathan?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

I think they've closed the book on all the named L-Corp employees, for now at least. Let em enjoy a retirement. They have a huge wealth of characters from Ruina to reference now.

Which speaking of, the color of Lion, Wolf, and Panther's accessories combined with the fact they reference "her teachings": Not surprising a story involving harvesting alternate worlds might revolve around Iori's weird unexplained power.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1630067978678198276

And we're in the clear!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

GilliamYaeger posted:

That's what I've firmly believed since he was revealed (if That Man Distorted he'd definitely get time powers because of his reliance on the TT2 protocols) but apparently he might also be a character from Leviathan?

The HQ was That Man's EGO I thought, which is how he built and controlled it so fast. In the same way the Library was Angela's EGO.

However, it could always be the other self.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
And it turns out it is in fact, my phone being at least 5 years old.

CountDuckoo
Jul 27, 2022
Seems to be back under maintenance.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

annnnd servers are down again

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Glad to have Project Moon here reminding everyone why so many gacha games have a Closed Beta Test period. :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lord_Magmar posted:

The HQ was That Man's EGO I thought, which is how he built and controlled it so fast. In the same way the Library was Angela's EGO.

However, it could always be the other self.
HQ was already built before X came online. Remember that Angela was in charge of loving up the Sephirah mentally so A/X could fix them when he finally showed up? Also, y'know, Extraction had to have been operational since day 1 in order for the Abnormalities to show up at all.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

no apologems... bleak

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Speaking as someone who’s read MTL versions of the end of leviathan,

We know where A is, he’s not Dante.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

MetaMeme posted:

no apologems... bleak

https://twitter.com/limbuscompany_b/status/1630073727420604417?s=46&t=RuslPciCxjKoD5n16700yg

spoke too soon

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

GilliamYaeger posted:

HQ was already built before X came online. Remember that Angela was in charge of loving up the Sephirah mentally so A/X could fix them when he finally showed up? Also, y'know, Extraction had to have been operational since day 1 in order for the Abnormalities to show up at all.

No that was my point, HQ is A's/Ayin's EGO because that's how he built the giant underground facility, it's why his personal area goes through changes during the end-game. Dante could be X's EGO.

But I don't think Dante is that, just it would potentially be possible.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

They built the L Corp HQ the normal way. The City has insane technology, nothing about that part is paranormal (in the sense that it involved Light).

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Like, the secret of L Corp was that it was a huge long con on The City. By the time it becomes a Wing, the plan to do the events of LC are already the goal. Everything else is just enabling those plans. They were always going to abandon the branches and send the HQ underground, powered by the TT2 system to build up a critical mass of Light.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
People who got to play a bit before maintenance started-did the gameplay feel good? Were you able to catch onto it quickly thanks to Ruina experience and the linked explanation videos?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
It seems pretty straightforward so far, and the tutorial didn't suck, to me. I like it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Junpei posted:

People who got to play a bit before maintenance started-did the gameplay feel good? Were you able to catch onto it quickly thanks to Ruina experience and the linked explanation videos?

What little I managed it did feel pretty nice.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Junpei posted:

Project Moon has never been great at user interface work and it shows here. It's not easily apparent how to check which EGO need which Sin values while you're in a fight; that information is in the Sinner menu. It's not easily apparent what statuses on attacks do in the Sinner menu; the tooltip for those only appear in a fight. Hell, I looked because the names of the one of the Sinners was slipping my mind, and I legitimately could not find a place in their character info card in the Sinner menu where it actually said their drat name, just the name of the individual identity. I also couldn't find a way to check all the levels from Thread leveling of identities and EGOs, just the next one, which is information I'd probably look up online when resources for the game take shape but that I'd still prefer to have in-game.

In general, it just felt like I was having to dip into submenus too much when trying to pick a party. There's a lot of small UX touches to make info more easily available that it doesn't have yet. (And whoever chose similar shades of Orange and Red as two separate colors for the Sins has my enduring enmity.)

The actual gameplay experience is fine so far, though I can't speak on the difficulty yet, I was still in baby easy land. But the input style is too rigid. When you're working with the action input chain, the only way to choose which attacks to do is to drag across the chain from left to right; you can't, for example, tap each icon to select it, because that instead pops up an attack info window for the attacks... which you see anyway, when you're over the icon mid-drag. The input area on the chain is just small enough that I keep making slight input errors and having to do it over in ways I would not be doing with an option for tap input instead of drag input, which is annoying but probably goes away as you play the game longer. I'm guessing just from that experience on the mobile version that the Steam version doesn't let you do something like inputting actions with "right (choose next action) up (choose upper option) right (next) down (lower option)," etc, it's probably just all mouse analogies to the phone touch controls.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Maintenance over, and just as I got back from my outing for something to play this on. I'm playing now!

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

yeah I do wish there was a quick way to see peoples EGO cost requirements in battle, but nothing so far has been difficult enough that I care

i imagine thatll change eventually

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Einander posted:

Project Moon has never been great at user interface work and it shows here. It's not easily apparent how to check which EGO need which Sin values while you're in a fight; that information is in the Sinner menu. It's not easily apparent what statuses on attacks do in the Sinner menu; the tooltip for those only appear in a fight. Hell, I looked because the names of the one of the Sinners was slipping my mind, and I legitimately could not find a place in their character info card in the Sinner menu where it actually said their drat name, just the name of the individual identity. I also couldn't find a way to check all the levels from Thread leveling of identities and EGOs, just the next one, which is information I'd probably look up online when resources for the game take shape but that I'd still prefer to have in-game.

In general, it just felt like I was having to dip into submenus too much when trying to pick a party. There's a lot of small UX touches to make info more easily available that it doesn't have yet. (And whoever chose similar shades of Orange and Red as two separate colors for the Sins has my enduring enmity.)

The actual gameplay experience is fine so far, though I can't speak on the difficulty yet, I was still in baby easy land. But the input style is too rigid. When you're working with the action input chain, the only way to choose which attacks to do is to drag across the chain from left to right; you can't, for example, tap each icon to select it, because that instead pops up an attack info window for the attacks... which you see anyway, when you're over the icon mid-drag. The input area on the chain is just small enough that I keep making slight input errors and having to do it over in ways I would not be doing with an option for tap input instead of drag input, which is annoying but probably goes away as you play the game longer. I'm guessing just from that experience on the mobile version that the Steam version doesn't let you do something like inputting actions with "right (choose next action) up (choose upper option) right (next) down (lower option)," etc, it's probably just all mouse analogies to the phone touch controls.

Using mouse controls was way nicer yeah once I tried it on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So far I've pulled:

-Free Blade Lineage Yi Sang.
-LobCorp Remnant Faust
-WARP Faust
-Liu Meursault
-Kurokumo Hong Lu
-LCCB Assistant Manager Ishmael
-Reindeer Ishmael
-Shi Ishmael
-Mariachi Sinclair
-Liu Gregor

And one EGO, some Indian-looking new one on Outis.