Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Funny, Lillard had 71 points today and I haven't even seen it get mentioned on here because scoring is so silly now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i enjoyed the lakers game but then every stream turned to poo poo around dinner time and while i can identify lebron at 240p i can't say the same about the rockets or blazers or twolves

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Clippers-Nuggets a really great game down the stretch

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Say what you will about the elite in the East but the West has what, 6 contenders? Clippers, Nuggets, Lakers, Suns, Mavs, and Grizz all have a legit shot of at least winning the West

Unless of course Durant separates the Suns so far from the rest that the other teams are rendered moot

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I love basketball

Murray half court three point miss after Leonard bats it away to the half court, KCP offensive rebound, MPJ three to take the lead

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Yossarian-22 posted:

Say what you will about the elite in the East but the West has what, 6 contenders? Clippers, Nuggets, Lakers, Suns, Mavs, and Grizz all have a legit shot of at least winning the West

Unless of course Durant separates the Suns so far from the rest that the other teams are rendered moot

Ehhh Mavs and Clippers are sixers/cavs level, probably a bit worse. Lakers are worse than the knicks. I get your point though; the talent isn theoretically there. You could toss in a cinderella story Warriors run as a possibility as well.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lmao. Paul George hit a three point shot at half court after the buzzer just like Embiid yesterday so it didn't count

OVERTIME

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Ehhh Mavs and Clippers are sixers/cavs level, probably a bit worse.

Plumlee and Westbrook can be enough to put the Clippers over the top with Leonard playing this well imo. He has been sensational. But yeah, I think they are still too weak at the guard position

Plumlee has impressed me with his game in Denver today

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Reddick is too good for commentary. Dude needs to become a head coach

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Porter Jr. automatic today. If he can play like this Denver can win the whole thing

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

40/17/10 Jokic. He got a steal and alley ooped it with a minute left in the OT. 48 straight games shooting 50% or higher. Nuggets win! 28-4 at home

Yossarian-22 fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 27, 2023

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Yossarian-22 posted:

Funny, Lillard had 71 points today and I haven't even seen it get mentioned on here because scoring is so silly now

71 is boring now. wake me up when someone scores 80

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

beleaguered ATL girl poking back in here to hoot and holler about the Quin Snyder get

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Doc Fission posted:

beleaguered ATL girl poking back in here to hoot and holler about the Quin Snyder get

you just hope they can get something for Trey in the off-season

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

fart simpson posted:

71 is boring now. wake me up when someone scores 80

doesn't help that it was against the Rockets. it's still a hell of a thing, but it was against a tanking team and even with the win, they're still 11th in the West

kinda the story of his career, he does amazing poo poo but no matter how much he does, its never quite enough over a season

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he’s a 6 foot guard

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
getting to the WCF and ending Ben simmon’s life is still a better feat than embiid who needed butler

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

he’s a 6 foot guard

He's the slayer of giant Ben Simmons. He can handle himself.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was referring to Damian

but try is also a 6 foot guard

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
speaking of getting to the WCF, look at this roster that Dame took there

yugh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah they beat jokic lol and got annihilated by GS

I remember that year clearly

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1629996563568160769

Seems like a good move for him, Atlanta definitely way better coke than Utah.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how long does Trey last with Quinn.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

He legit seems like a guy Snyder would like (not saying he's a cokehead, talking about his on court style)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah but his "coachability" seems to be the big issue. I guess that is technically off court. IDK.

even if he were like IDK Tyese maxey levels of coachable he still inst that valuable.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pohl posted:

if the Warriors ever figure out how to play defense they might be dangerous

The Warriors starting five is still really good when healthy, it's everyone else (particularly Poole and JMG, Donte has been fine) plus injury issues that have screwed them this year. Kuminga has also been playable but he hasn't really been a plus guy yet.

I think if Steph and GPII get back healthy for the playoffs they can still beat anyone. They really need to sign a backup center though!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Looney and Draymond should be fine. Its not like there are any good centers in the west besides JJJ and maybe AD.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, but on the other side, is he all that moveable? I mean, yeah someone would be willing to take him on but an undersized ball dominant PG who plays questionable defense is not exactly the player that GMs salivate over trading for.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Owners are dumb and really overvalue them.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, but on the other side, is he all that moveable? I mean, yeah someone would be willing to take him on but an undersized ball dominant PG who plays questionable defense is not exactly the player that GMs salivate over trading for.

Trey doesn't play questionable defense. He plays no defense. He plays defense at the level of Jordan Poole, who still hasn't so much as learned what the word means.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trey would be an excellent replacement for Steph if they can’t resign Poole

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Why would Trae leave a club with a bunch of young talent to join a team where the only decent players are past 30?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can he veto trades ?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yossarian-22 posted:

40/17/10 Jokic. He got a steal and alley ooped it with a minute left in the OT. 48 straight games shooting 50% or higher. Nuggets win! 28-4 at home

It was one of Joker's best games that I've watched, and I love that he sealed the win with a defensive play.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Trae would need to be at least "a great shooter" to replace Steph

He's shooting 33% from three this season and 35% on his career, he is a fraudulent sharpshooter

Great at "drawing contact" though

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

That could finally be it for the Lakers

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1630362855747862528

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Vox Nihili posted:

The Warriors starting five is still really good when healthy, it's everyone else (particularly Poole and JMG, Donte has been fine) plus injury issues that have screwed them this year. Kuminga has also been playable but he hasn't really been a plus guy yet.

I think if Steph and GPII get back healthy for the playoffs they can still beat anyone. They really need to sign a backup center though!!!

they have 2, and they are both named Green
and you totally forgot about Wiggins coming back????? I wonder what the hell is going on with him

Pohl fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 28, 2023

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

yeah, Lebron was in that entire game but he barely played, I knew something weird was going on

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

I just turned this Philly game on and I see Maxey dunk and I'm like wtf is going on
I guess he has to dunk since he can't make a loving jump shot anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

Poole stinks. He's a SG who Kerr thinks can be a PG