Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

DryGoods posted:

the Mist Creatures were Demons from Todash Space

okay i know for the fact that isnt true

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

DryGoods posted:

the Mist Creatures were Demons from Todash Space

who would win in an ol western style Duel at high Noon, Roland Deschain or McCree with a full Ultimate Meter?

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!

Ham Cheeks posted:

thinkin bout that Jimbee

granddaddy just gave us 50lbs of deer meat

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Lpzie posted:

who would win in an ol western style Duel at high Noon, Roland Deschain or McCree with a full Ultimate Meter?

Roland before or after the Lobstrosity Attack?

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Wanted to share this because it's very weird

wtf

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

It would suck real bad if you signed up to be on a generation ship and then like five or ten years into it they figured out how to build a fast, good ship that didn't need to be all stupid like the one you're on

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

DryGoods posted:

Roland before or after the Lobstrosity Attack?

let's say Before.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Stupid Boxes posted:

nice

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Stupid Boxes posted:

I hope the other one says GURT

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
surprised there was a dilberito but no dilgurt

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Real Mean Queen posted:

:hmmyes:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Real Mean Queen posted:

lmao...

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Lpzie posted:

let's say Before.

i don't know McCree or his Story, but i would give it to him

Roland with all his digits was a Focused Shooter, but without the An-tet of his journey and the path Ka set for him, he doesn't have the Open Mind needed to best another Legend

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

DryGoods posted:

Roland with all his digits was a Focused Shooter, but without the An-tet of his journey and the path Ka set for him, he doesn't have the Open Mind needed to best another Legend

fair analysis.... and I would agree, except I believe you have forgotten that Roland Deschain has done his Hero's Journey many many times before and so no doubt the McCree Showdown was also an obstacle he has faced before and would know, on the instinctual and spiritual level, how to stand to avoid a Loss (shoulder slightly down, hip slightly back, etc. small things to Succeed)

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

DryGoods posted:

if we, Humanity, tried to invade the Killer Klowns From Outer Space Homeworld, but the troops were all distracted and killed by the Sexual Clowns(Canon as shown in the Film), the Killer Klowns would probably think, Wow, why didn't they think to protect themselves from Sexual Clowns?

same thing
Makes sense

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

DryGoods posted:

are we talking book 1 Roland or book 7 Roland whose arthritis is crippling him and he had a bunch of fingers snipped off by a lobstrosity

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Real Mean Queen posted:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The dark tower was the only series I've ever finished that made me mad

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

titty_baby_ posted:

The dark tower was the only series I've ever finished that made me mad

take a lesson from the book: read it again

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

when you re-read the Dark Tower, make sure to mentally assume Roland's got Arthur Eld's Horn.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

It's real too. Or at least real enough that the dude is in abandoned places in Russia swimming through dirty water

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Stupid Boxes posted:

Hell yeah hunting for food rules

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Stupid Boxes posted:

i hope this is a prelude to JIMBEE

ON

ICE

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Real Mean Queen posted:

It would suck real bad if you signed up to be on a generation ship and then like five or ten years into it they figured out how to build a fast, good ship that didn't need to be all stupid like the one you're on

Heinlein wrote a book kind of like that. I forget the name, but there was a pair of psychic twins, and one went on a generation ship that approached the speed of light while the other stayed on Earth. The time dilation really screwed with their brains. By the time the ship reached its destination, Earth had developed faster than light speed and arrived before them. Sucked too because half their crew had gotten killed by alien walruses with spears on the way.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

NeatHeteroDude posted:

It's real too. Or at least real enough that the dude is in abandoned places in Russia swimming through dirty water

Yeah cool. You wanna start a different thread for videos of people killing themselves or?

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Shifty Nipples posted:

that stupid infinite ai steamed hams thing is funnier than it should be

just turned it on, skinner now speaking at length planning a revolution

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Buttchocks posted:

Heinlein wrote a book kind of like that. I forget the name, but there was a pair of psychic twins, and one went on a generation ship that approached the speed of light while the other stayed on Earth. The time dilation really screwed with their brains. By the time the ship reached its destination, Earth had developed faster than light speed and arrived before them. Sucked too because half their crew had gotten killed by alien walruses with spears on the way.

That's Time for the Stars. Back when it was published, it was one of his YA books, like Tunnel in the Sky. There's no way they'd come out as YA now.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Space Jam posted:

the aliens in signs were real dumb

"water kills us, let's go to that blue planet over there"

"oh gently caress, i'm stuck in a pantry and i have no idea how a latch works"

"joaquin phoenix and mel gibson in the same place at the same time? this could get weird and/or racist, let's get out of here"

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/unplugged_guy98/status/1629662623221313539?s=46&t=wVYeOSiodOjjLG-xqA0iMg

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lol i put on the mst3k pluto tv channel when i leave luna alone for a few hours....

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

He's presodent of planet earth now? Kinda wondered what he was up to

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Vim Fuego posted:

He's presodent of planet earth now? Kinda wondered what he was up to

he is planet earth now

go outside, stomp the ground. you're stepping on him. you have obaba feet now.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Vim Fuego posted:

Yeah cool. You wanna start a different thread for videos of people killing themselves or?

I think people post videos of dudes rocking all the time

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYMUVZS5wtI

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

redneck nazgul posted:

he is planet earth now

go outside, stomp the ground. you're stepping on him. you have obaba feet now.

ogaea

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1629902017408782338/vid/890x484/fXCVS3sYLy562sJv.mp4

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

it's such a shame Bowie never got to make his musical adaptation of 1984

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kanbpbPdeQI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

obamna