Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

lobster shirt posted:

at least keep the joint commander around for 4/20 :2bong:

I’m sure they’re very aware of the significance of that date

although maybe not for the reason you’re suggesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

How dare u posted:

Lol who is doing the NAFO avatars. Those rule

do not give him one whoever is buying them

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

How dare u posted:

Someone with a lot of money so I wish they'd just give that to me instead

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

crepeface posted:

yeah, it was good overall. all the biggest psychos got banned or at least probated.

disclaimer: i didn't read the last 600 pages that literally appeared since i went to bed

there's only one thing you might not want to miss from it https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4016635&pagenumber=791&perpage=40#post530093174

whenever there's a new avatar wave i straight up lose track of who is who for weeks. months even

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I’m scared of buying my own av because I know someone will immediately change it to something like what I have at the moment that I do not understand at all

something about me not liking anime or something

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cuttlefush posted:

there's only one thing you might not want to miss from it https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4016635&pagenumber=791&perpage=40#post530093174

whenever there's a new avatar wave i straight up lose track of who is who for weeks. months even

lmfao literal defence contractor

thank u bernie

edit: oh my god he's defending himself

crepeface has issued a correction as of 06:53 on Feb 27, 2023

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Cuttlefush posted:

oh cool so this war criminal animal had no problems killing arabs like me hes just a piece of poo poo. its pretty rad this scumfuck had no problems killing civilians and conquering other countries as long as hes the one doing it.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 06:59 on Feb 27, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Endman posted:

I’m scared of buying my own av because I know someone will immediately change it to something like what I have at the moment that I do not understand at all

something about me not liking anime or something

you got a nausicaa avatar bought for you? i dont see how it could be someone trying to own you.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

you got a nausicaa avatar bought for you? i dont see how it could be someone trying to own you.

what is nausicaa

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Cuttlefush posted:

he went on to say that not only did he do that for four years it also somehow involved crypto.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cuttlefush posted:

actually it's blue dr. robotnik doing the "u have a small penis" hand gesture

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Endman posted:

what is nausicaa

one of the best animated films ever its on netflix go watch it

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I thought he meant cryptography.

Maybe the military contractors have installed bitcoin mining programs on all of their f-35s.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

i don't blame you but don't let it make you :doit: post. or at least keep it to the actual death to america bloodlust discord

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I thought he meant cryptography.

Maybe the military contractors have installed bitcoin mining programs on all of their f-35s.

that would explain a lot but it’s more likely that I am just dumb as hell and misunderstood.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Endman posted:

what is nausicaa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausica%C3%A4_of_the_Valley_of_the_Wind_(film)?useskin=vector

Endman
May 18, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

one of the best animated films ever its on netflix go watch it

tomorrow you’ll be saying it’s the worst! you can’t fool me, Al-Saqr!!

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

how many nice/horny things do I need to say about Putin to earn a fella avatar

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

i don't blame you but don't let it make you :doit: post. or at least keep it to the actual death to america bloodlust discord

thanks noted

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

CongoJack posted:

that would explain a lot but it’s more likely that I am just dumb as hell and misunderstood.

The boring centrist neoliberal third option is that Raytheon has decided that missiles have slimmer margins than bitcoins and have shoved a significant portion of their investments into toxic, worthless assets instead of their products.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

kronix posted:

The US did in 30 days what Russia couldn't do in a year and still failed to maintain control of Iraq which the entire point of my post from GBS.

And yeah I worked in communications security for a contractor for 4 years to feed myself and pay my student loans when the economy crashed in 2008. If you have a problem with it, I don't really care in the slightest.

kronix posted:

We also spent an incredible amount of money rebuilding but in the end it wasn't enough to convince the population.

ahhhh gently caress lmao goddamn, this is an all-timer.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hubbert posted:

i dunno man, i just wanted people to have fun and fill out the map :(

Neurolimal has issued a correction as of 07:25 on Feb 27, 2023

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I took it as a given it was cryptography until he insisted he didn’t have a security clearance which then leads me to think it’s one of these options

a) it was like really basic (extremely basic and very stateside) IT work he just called cryptography in some sort of forum resume inflation because anything more than that absolutely would require clearance

b) literally was crypto from some abandoned exploration of RaytheonCoin

c) weird liar. possibly including just lying about not needing a security clearance out of a belief that a secret clearance means the clearance itself is a secret

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
yeah he meant cryptography. it was 2008. also lol that cryptocurrency poo poo completely ruined that as a shortening

also just working on a military project at a defense contractor is heinous but pretty much an expected level of complicity for any of us western devils. it was the fact that he obviously got off on the military contribution and tried to use it for credibility in warunderstanding. also trying to minimize it's contribution to the war machine when called out on it. if you're gonna be sundowner, just be sundowner for gently caress's sake. don't try to have it both ways.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

defense contractor bitcoin research is funny but the world’s first ever documented case of contractor IT guy stolen valor would be even funnier

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

kronix posted:

Then they ran off and formed their own government, with black flags and more violent executions.

We also spent an incredible amount of money rebuilding but in the end it wasn't enough to convince the population.

yeah dude nothing america did convinced iraqis to resist nope no war crimes no death squads no extrajudicial murders no torture camps no black sites no fallujahs nope lol you guys didnt even build anything until today iraq barely has reliable electricity.

its those foolish Iraqis fault they didnt see the light from our occupation!!!!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Best Friends posted:

I took it as a given it was cryptography until he insisted he didn’t have a security clearance which then leads me to think it’s one of these options

you can absolutely do that without a security clearence. defense contractors just have straight up academic styled labs and collaborations in all fields. there's a lot of math to be done before any application becomes sensitive.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I'm sure this thread's extremely rational Russia discourse is just early 00's SA edgelordism an not anything actually malicious and some of the articles posted are actually interesting but gently caress, three quarter of posts are just bitching about GBS.
You know that's garbage, right?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Tafferling posted:

I'm sure this thread's extremely rational Russia discourse is just early 00's SA edgelordism an not anything actually malicious and some of the articles posted are actually interesting but gently caress, three quarter of posts are just bitching about GBS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

So the fall of the Holodomor(real) thread will cause forum apocalypse

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tafferling posted:

Sorry

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Thank you for apologizing.

Tafferlimg, I'm sorry too

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

you know what, maybe the real ukraine war was the friends we made along the way.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

bring it in guys, lets all hug it out

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

How dare u posted:

Can someone give me one? Whoever gave me this Bernie gave me a bad one.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I'm happy you care about my special scrolling needs, I'm an old.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Brrrmph posted:

I’m cheering for Ukraine

While many of you are likely yelling "GO UKRAINE" or "GO PUTIN!" I'm yelling "GO ROBERT MUELLER and the rule of law!"

speng31b
May 8, 2010

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Can someone give me one? Whoever gave me this Bernie gave me a bad one.

prove you deserve it, make the tankiest post you can think of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

speng31b posted:

prove you deserve it, make the tankiest post you can think of

Stalin did one thing wrong: he didn't go hard enough and it cost him everything :ussr: