Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

the_steve posted:

Yeah, it's pretty wild how many times I'll Leech someone, but lo and behold, they didn't draw their clutch card until immediately after.

This is absolutely the case with cheating. I lost one game after Leeching someone on 4 because they topdecked the exact two cards they needed to win. And of course there was the usual 15-20 second delay while the algorithm worked out what they were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Storm on 4 when you have daredevil is amazing

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Pretty much a 3 cost prof x in that situation yea

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Jedit posted:

This is absolutely the case with cheating. I lost one game after Leeching someone on 4 because they topdecked the exact two cards they needed to win. And of course there was the usual 15-20 second delay while the algorithm worked out what they were.

Wait what are you saying happened?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Smiling Knight posted:

Wait what are you saying happened?

Well, it's possible that every single day I experience a sequence of events that couldn't happen twice in a human lifetime by chance. But it's more likely that the cheatbots - at least, I hope it's bots - are selecting what cards they draw when. That's why you so often see them play like chimps for four turns, get Leeched on 5 then draw Hela on 6, for example.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think you severely overestimate how unlucky you have to be to suffer a bad draw + simultaneously underestimate how difficult it'd be to make a game with server-side draws draw you the cards you want

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Hitting runner runner in a 12 card deck is somewhat more likely than something that would be seen once in a lifetime

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I feel like the only thing the bots do consistently that regular players don't is that they'll prioritize a low percentage play that has a big point swing, like dropping a lone cosmo on turn 5, and players blunder into it and get mad.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

purkey posted:

Hitting runner runner in a 12 card deck is somewhat more likely than something that would be seen once in a lifetime

Yeah, it's a 5 (?) percent chance to draw 2 cards in order on turns 5 & 6. Right? Assuming no Widow's Bite, rocks or vibranium you have a 25% chance to draw a specific card on turn 5 and a 20% on turn 6. Maybe my math is off, but that's a relatively likely probability.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So just play Dino on a spot you have two other cards, Zola right after, win. Sure why not why wouldn't it hit either of the other cards.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Push El Burrito posted:

So just play Dino on a spot you have two other cards, Zola right after, win. Sure why not why wouldn't it hit either of the other cards.

The rule of Zola is that it will always hit the one card they need, but always hit the two cards you don't need.

Kinda like a mini Gambit.

In other news, is Shuri getting downgraded anytime soon? She finally popped up in my Token Shop with me at 2.6k tokens, and I was set on pinning either her, Thanos or Galactus the moment they appear.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Just finished pool 2, time for the real grind to begin :toot:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The rule of Zola is you only play him into a lane with 1 card (or two big ones so it doesn’t matter, which I do with Jubilee a lot)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The rule with pinning cards is that when you pin a card you’ll pull it. Which is great, because I pinned Shuri a few days ago and just got her in a pack. Glad I get to play with her before some kind of nerf.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Artelier posted:

The rule of Zola is that it will always hit the one card they need, but always hit the two cards you don't need.

Kinda like a mini Gambit.

In other news, is Shuri getting downgraded anytime soon? She finally popped up in my Token Shop with me at 2.6k tokens, and I was set on pinning either her, Thanos or Galactus the moment they appear.

wasn't she like, just downgraded? I wouldn't really expect another anytime soon

Jordan7hm posted:

The rule with pinning cards is that when you pin a card you’ll pull it. Which is great, because I pinned Shuri a few days ago and just got her in a pack. Glad I get to play with her before some kind of nerf.

:same: but the day before the last drop

e: also, my opponent ripping Hela off Camp Lehigh after pitching Ghost Rider to Blade and Hela to Hell Cow

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Hit 90 tonight which was my goal for the season. If I can keep up this pace of losing 30, gaining 40 then infinite is in reach next season.

It might be in reach this season if I’m lucky and get to 95 OK this week.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

loving Bar Sinister 2x in a row. Scorpion, I can handle. loving Yondu on turn one gutting my deck? gently caress that.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I feel actively bad at this game right now and need to step away. Nothing works and when it does, my opponent retreats before I can even snap. Just everything's going wrong, no decks feel good. I can't tell what the gently caress is going on half the time and when I can, I don't have the cards to counter.

This poo poo sucks so bad.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Speaking of bad locations, the recently added one that fills both sides with rocks is just plain terrible. Being forced to skip a turn does not leave room for any strategic decisions.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

BoldFace posted:

Speaking of bad locations, the recently added one that fills both sides with rocks is just plain terrible. Being forced to skip a turn does not leave room for any strategic decisions.

If you have Kazaar/Patriot it's a great opportunity...Or you run a Death deck and need more 1's for Killmonger to feast on.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

BoldFace posted:

It's kind of interesting. If you're running She-Hulk or trying to hardcast Infininaut (don't think anyone's really doing the latter) sometimes it can be good to skip on a later turn instead of right when it shows up. Or if you skip and your opponent doesn't, you can be a real rear end in a top hat and play Armor there next turn.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I've been all about hard casting Infinaut recently. Storm a location with a Sunspot and maybe a Domino on it, get the Sunspot to swing the flooded location in my favor when they inevitably place a dozen cards there, then windmill slam the Infinaut. If you see somebody skip turn five, ESCAPE IMMEDIATELY.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

RevKrule posted:

I feel actively bad at this game right now and need to step away. Nothing works and when it does, my opponent retreats before I can even snap. Just everything's going wrong, no decks feel good. I can't tell what the gently caress is going on half the time and when I can, I don't have the cards to counter.

Same except I just don't have the cards in my pool yet. All my wins lately are either from surrenders when they realized I owned 2-3 locations and had Sandman out so they couldn't vomit bullshit on turn 6, or highrolling scarlet witch. Actual wins after turn 6 goes down don't exist for me anymore. My deck is too straightforward and it's easy for them to tell if they can beat what I likely have. Down to 71 now. If I want to actually win again I'll have to netdeck, or probably just suffer until I've got more series 3.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kooriken posted:

I think my favorite Raft whiff is Arnim Zola. Just a big ol' lump of coal on what was supposed to be Christmas.

Giganto. When The Raft was in the left location.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kooriken posted:

I think my favorite Raft whiff is Arnim Zola. Just a big ol' lump of coal on what was supposed to be Christmas.

It likes giving me Destroyer.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

goferchan posted:

It's kind of interesting. If you're running She-Hulk or trying to hardcast Infininaut (don't think anyone's really doing the latter) sometimes it can be good to skip on a later turn instead of right when it shows up. Or if you skip and your opponent doesn't, you can be a real rear end in a top hat and play Armor there next turn.

I’m never trying to hardcast infinaut but remembering it’s an option has won me some games, especially with very space limited locations

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

the_steve posted:

It likes giving me Destroyer.

Free Destroyer is actually really good to get from the Raft a lot of the time. If you and your opponent have both rushed to fill it and he had better junk than you, it often lets you sweep and start over with a guaranteed win.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

If the game can't handle "Shuffle your hand into your deck, draw 3 new cards" without completely locking up for four minutes, maybe it's time to remove the location that does that.

Just had that happen to me, after a long wait it gave me the "Escaped" result and took away a cube. At least make it a mutual retreat!

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

RevKrule posted:

Sorry man :smith:

Have a nice break. :unsmith:

The Sean fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 27, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, take a break. Have fun doing other things.

I've been stuck in the mid 60's for the past week, but I spent most of last week building and learning a new deck. I've been having fun and the game still manages to make me laugh.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Electro to sandman is fun as hell

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Jedit posted:

Well, it's possible that every single day I experience a sequence of events that couldn't happen twice in a human lifetime by chance. But it's more likely that the cheatbots - at least, I hope it's bots - are selecting what cards they draw when. That's why you so often see them play like chimps for four turns, get Leeched on 5 then draw Hela on 6, for example.
There's only 12 cards in the deck, and someone else before said the chance is like 5%, so yes if you drop a turn 5 Leech 20 times per day then you are actually likely to experience that at least once per day!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
General question. Why go with Maw instead of Lizard? Maw's downside seems much bigger to me unless you just KNOW youre going to be leeched

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m enjoying how well a good Mr Negative deck can play

Thankfully I am not running into many people using Sandman

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

the_american_dream posted:

General question. Why go with Maw instead of Lizard? Maw's downside seems much bigger to me unless you just KNOW youre going to be leeched

In what deck?

This is what I’m currently running and it’s gross

# (1) Zero
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Sauron
# (4) Shuri
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Taskmaster
# (5) Black Panther
# (5) Aero
# (5) Red Skull
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2F1cm9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSZWRTa3VsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVHlwaG9pZE1hcnkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWNrUGFudGhlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm5pbVpvbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVib255TWF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZXJvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaHVyaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVGFza21hc3RlciJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

If the game can't handle "Shuffle your hand into your deck, draw 3 new cards" without completely locking up for four minutes, maybe it's time to remove the location that does that.

Just had that happen to me, after a long wait it gave me the "Escaped" result and took away a cube. At least make it a mutual retreat!

That sounds like it's your phone that's the problem and not the app. I don't have a problem with that location.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea the type of deck is important sorry. Sandman ramp is what im looking at right now specifically. But I guess I dont understand running that card ever unless its a featured or new location that its good for.

Im including the 10 point killmonger in the downsides im thinking about

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
The more I try to play lockjaw decks the more I'm just completely loving off them. Deck has way too many failstates, and if you ever get anything close to resembling a good draw+dog rng, they just leave.

I've been trying and trying to understand what makes the deck work and be successful, and I just can't.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Chainclaw posted:

That sounds like it's your phone that's the problem and not the app. I don't have a problem with that location.
Attilan has chronically had broken interactions for 6 months. It is not the phone lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bisse posted:

There's only 12 cards in the deck, and someone else before said the chance is like 5%, so yes if you drop a turn 5 Leech 20 times per day then you are actually likely to experience that at least once per day!

Who mentioned once per day? I described one event that particularly stood out, is all. Hitting one 8% out is chance, obviously I ignore it. But when those 8%ers come off five or six times in a row, that's way outside 3-sigma. And when the clumps of bad luck only seem to occur right after you've won a few games, that's a red flag.

E: regarding Attilan: the game will hitch under normal circumstances - also when you draw Spectrum, for some reason - but it only breaks if there's a cost adjustment in force. Playing Wave on turn 3 will lead to a lockup so severe that anyone who doesn't close and reopen the client will miss their next turn. It's not a device issue; it's happened on my Galaxy S22+.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 27, 2023