Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
doxxing kulaks and asking for their cows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Orange Devil posted:

Lol I was taught that in high school.

Maybe I missed that day in my college class. But all through my public school education it was made to sound like kulaks were a thing the soviets made up to explain why Communism obviously doesn't work. This was in as a kid in 90s and into the 2000s thankfully it wasn't taught as an explicit genocide.

Which was obviously wrong of them, as it was, as per this thread title

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
a Jamaican person telling you the holodomor is in the Nile river

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

500 good dogs posted:

careful, the kulaks in SAD know about this thread and I've heard they're coming here to light it on fire

:sad:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
for any lurkers who don't understand how all their history they learn is constructed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kaaYvauNho&t=5040s

quote:

Sources:
[1] Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media, Edward S. Herman & Noam Chomsky.
[2] https://humanrights.gov.au/our-work/b...
[3] Why wasn't genocide a crime in Australia?, Shirley Scott.
[4] Towards a Decentred History: The Study of the Holodomor and Ukrainian Historiography, Olga Andriewsky.
[5] Stalin and the Soviet Famine of 1932–33 Revisited, Michael Ellman.
[6] https://holodomormuseum.org.ua/en/the...
[7] Lemkin on the Ukrainian Genocide, Roman Serbyn.
[8] Bloodlands, Timothy Snyder.
[9] Genocide in International Law, William A. Schabas.
[10] Totally Unofficial Man: The Autobiography of Raphael Lemkin, Raphael Lemkin.
[11] https://balticworlds.com/reinterpreti...
[12] Stalin: Waiting for Hitler, Stephen Kotkin.
[13] https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/0...
[14] The Years of Hunger, Robert Davies & Steven Wheatcroft.
[15] The Harvest of Sorrow, Robert Conquest.
[16] The Turn Away From Economic Explanations for Soviet Famines, Stephen Wheatcroft.
[17] The Complexity of the Kazakh Famine: Food Problems and Faulty Perceptions, Stephen Wheatcroft.
[18] Soviet Man-Made Famine in Ukraine, James E. Mace.
[19] The Left Side of History: The Embattled Pasts of Communism in the Twentieth Century, Ronald Grigor Suny.
[20] Famines, Amartya Sen.
[21] The 1932 Harvest and the Famine of 1933, Mark B. Tauger.
[22] Natural Disaster and Human Action in the Soviet Famine of 1931-1933, Mark B. Tauger.
[23] The Indian Famine Crises of World War II, Mark B. Tauger.
[24] Red Holocaust, Steven Rosefielde.
[25] https://www.theguardian.com/commentis...
[26] In Search of a Soviet Holocaust, Jeff Coplon.

long i know, but i've linked the conclusion. you can go back and listen to him go through all the sources if you want.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
our anti-communist education in HS was our teacher acting out khmer rouge executions of all the kids with glasses in class, including me. wish he would have told us how carter/reagan and thatcher actually loved pol pot

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

in america HS all i was taught about the cold war is that it inspired us to get to the moon first

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
my opinion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCT80HJWQ2A

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

in america HS all i was taught about the cold war is that it inspired us to get to the moon first

see that's some heartwarming stuff

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

holodomor sucked me off???

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

"The Holodomor? Beyond belief? You'd like to think so, but this gruesome episode is 100% ... true. A horrible famine, exacerbated by Soviet policy and then weaponized by Nazi apologists ... proof that those who don't learn from history are doomed ... to be it."

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

our anti-communist education in HS was our teacher acting out khmer rouge executions of all the kids with glasses in class, including me. wish he would have told us how carter/reagan and thatcher actually loved pol pot

I stand with Khmer Rouge. Slava Kampuchea and death to the Vietnamese orcs

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sorry to announce that the holodomor thread will be closing soon. I've tried to keep it open, but it's time to face facts: we just don't have enough grain to keep going

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

glad to see the av's back

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Someone changed it while I was probed. Completely fuckin got me when I posted again and she popped up

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

I don’t think we ever even made it to wwi in high school

I had to learn about the holodomor from the internet, which is why I know it was real

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

my bony fealty posted:

holdownsomore !

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

wb

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

why do all these holodomors keep sucking my cock

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
Black Book Of Communism and the 100 million murdered by leftism has been vindicated.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

some plague rats posted:

I'm sorry to announce that the holodomor thread will be closing soon. I've tried to keep it open, but it's time to face facts: we just don't have enough grain to keep going

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

some plague rats posted:

lol

Joss Laypeg
Oct 11, 2007
A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on. - WSB
I wasn’t going to post in this thread but I got FOMOdomor (fear of missing out on a discussion about the holodomor happening, which it did)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

also congrats on your mod star being in remission

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

lol congrats on a far less disgusting av

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I keep trying to think of a pun but the only thing I can come up with is "swallow dome more" which doesn't make sense but I'll keep working on it

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Lib and let die posted:

quote:

Did they take your buttons because you support domestic violence?

lmao

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

genuine lol at how out of loving nowhere that was

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i went to find out where that was because it surely had to have had more context than that and... hoo boy, lots of broken unwell freaks. one day i hope someone writes a book on how collectively everyone's brains just melted into a nationalist bloodlusting stupor of idiocy. also the finns are the worst

quote:

oh lmao they just closed down the only sane thread about the current genocide. if Hitler were alive today, SA moderation would be on the wrong side of history and be smug about it.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lol that was not in a thread I would've guessed, wow

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
loving hell

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

well, did they?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NeatHeteroDude posted:

well, did they?

some plague rats posted:

surprisingly, no! the admins are actually fine with my honest support for domestic violence, and encourage me to be more vocal about it. It was something else.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Terminal autist posted:

Is kulak a slur? I swear someone said that earlier

It is, but it's a good one.

Frosted Flake posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for good books by Tim Snyder, Anne Applebaum or anyone else on the payroll of Baltic states or Polish nobles so I can really dig deep and learn more about the holodomor? TiA.

Do NOT read the works of Anne Applebaum who denies the holodomor was a genocide! She has been corrupted by the Poles and their hatred for patriotic Ukrainian heroes.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

"Holodomor? On my Ukraine?"

it's less likely than you think

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

wait when did spr get skeleton nipples

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Millennials react to holodomor

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

does zelensky have w rizz

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris posted:

i went to find out where that was because it surely had to have had more context than that and... hoo boy, lots of broken unwell freaks. one day i hope someone writes a book on how collectively everyone's brains just melted into a nationalist bloodlusting stupor of idiocy. also the finns are the worst

i love that we're both on hitler and stalins side lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

i love that we're both on hitler and stalins side lol.

they were allies. hence communazism