Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Woke ethno-nationalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

fanfic insert posted:

look everyone! This guy is trying to do a whataboutism! :lmao:

i believe in d and d they call it an ad homen attack and would generate a sixer

as opposed to what he quoted, which is well documented itt

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

what if we destroyed russia as an entity and created 50 new republics all based on nationalism isnt this a good idea

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

January 6 Survivor posted:

I might have skipped it in one of my "drat these people posted another 12 pages while I was asleep? gently caress it I'm skipping to the last page" moments, would you happen to recall when you might have posted it?

It’s the last chapter of Stalin’s Collaborators, which is on JSTOR and libgen.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

you gotta find that guy who said that the iraq/afghanistan wars were overall good because they kept the hamburger trains running on time

The borgar must flow.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Seatbelts posted:

it makes sense remembering most tankies can't read

https://twitter.com/akoz33/status/1232052025514496002?s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

HallelujahLee posted:

im mixing up the gbs posters isnt the iraq/afghanistan one this guy right now

there were 2

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol I do kind of like this rationale because it never applies to Guam, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, the right of the southern states to secede, the southwest returning to Mexico, Oklahoma and other parts of the Indian Territory being returned.

The US doesn’t have the power to do this to Russia, but it’s within their means to practice what they preach at home, if it’s a moral argument.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

HonorableTB posted:

that was intended to be an argument in support of decolonization of historically oppressed ethnic minorities who are currently getting fed into a military woodchipper at above average rates compared to the imperial core and im pretty sure tuvans would like that to not happen and that many in the caucasus would prefer to be independent rather than subsumed into internal ethnic minority republics where the minorities they've named after aren't even the majority-population in their borders. russia is mobilizing ethnic minorities at much higher rates and subsequently they are dying in carload lots on the battlefield, and i would like that to not be the case. ideally i would like there to be no dying of any kind on the battlefield because there wouldn't be a war, but this kind of mobilization is disproportionately deadly to non ethnic-Russians. i also am in favor of balkanizing the US for the same treatment of its own minorities fwiw, overly large empires cause unnecessary suffering just by existing

didn't read

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Ethnostates but woke

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

support of decolonization of historically oppressed ethnic minorities :

The 1783 line is also bullshit as HRH George III honoured treaties barring expansion beyond the Ohio Valley. The First Nations never ceded those lands to the Yankees. In fact, this had previously been the cause of Pontiac’s Rebellion, just a few years before.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Mother fucker stealing my jokes! :argh:

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Al-Saqr posted:

the problem is that you expect us to sympathize woth your position when youre every bit if not more evil than the russians are, and arent showing any remose for it. why would i ever give a poo poo about your position or sympathize you dont give a poo poo about the morality of it you dont human life in any value whatsoever

Something those guys will never understand is that Frosted Flake, one of this thread's esteemed posters, served in a colonial war and may have been responsible for killing civilians, but does not think this is something to be proud of and actually thinks war is bad and fewer people dying would be better.

That's the CSPAM standard. Don't think war is great. Don't cheer for war crimes. Don't be proud of your contribution. But libs just absolutely cannot wrap their heads around it.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

HonorableTB posted:

that was intended to be an argument in support of decolonization of historically oppressed ethnic minorities who are currently getting fed into a military woodchipper at above average rates compared to the imperial core and im pretty sure tuvans would like that to not happen and that many in the caucasus would prefer to be independent rather than subsumed into internal ethnic minority republics where the minorities they've named after aren't even the majority-population in their borders. russia is mobilizing ethnic minorities at much higher rates and subsequently they are dying in carload lots on the battlefield, and i would like that to not be the case. ideally i would like there to be no dying of any kind on the battlefield because there wouldn't be a war, but this kind of mobilization is disproportionately deadly to non ethnic-Russians. i also am in favor of balkanizing the US for the same treatment of its own minorities fwiw, overly large empires cause unnecessary suffering just by existing

I don't think balkanization is a good idea for increasing the wellbeing of any populations really, especially when it's not something that the minorities in question are meaningfully demanding. but honestly you're a lot better than the other guys who've turned up, just do less drinking and posting

edit: actually having read your other posts you're not better

John Charity Spring has issued a correction as of 18:47 on Feb 27, 2023

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Actually, with any thought at all one finds that Sweden was always part of the "Leopard family"

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

РБК posted:

Mobilized men from the Irkutsk region who wrote an appeal to Russian President Vladimir Putin complaining about the actions of their command in the Donetsk People's Republic will soon be transferred to a new place of service, the region's governor Igor Kobzev said in his Telegram channel.

We are talking about mobilized men serving in Regiment 1439. In their video message, they said that they serve in the DNR, where they were sent from Novosibirsk in late 2022. They asked the president for assistance and "to deal with the lawless and criminal orders" of their command in the DNR. The servicemen claim that they were handed over to the republic's first Slavic brigade, where they - soldiers of the territorial defense - formed assault units in a day. After that, the soldiers claim, they were sent "to slaughter," without any support, to capture the fortified area.
(from t.me/rbc_news/69230, via tgsa)

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

All previous wars were bad. Bad ideas by bad people.

But this war...

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

Something those guys will never understand is that Frosted Flake, one of this thread's esteemed posters, served in a colonial war and may have been responsible for killing civilians, but does not think this is something to be proud of and actually thinks war is bad and fewer people dying would be better.

That's the CSPAM standard. Don't think war is great. Don't cheer for war crimes. Don't be proud of your contribution. But libs just absolutely cannot wrap their heads around it.

That was before I heard about the lavish treatment in the GiP thread though. Had I known the level of posting deference…

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

John Charity Spring posted:

I don't think balkanization is a good idea for increasing the wellbeing of any populations really, especially when it's not something that the minorities in question are meaningfully demanding. but honestly you're a lot better than the other guys who've turned up, just do less drinking and posting

a decent amount of it is me recalibrating posting for the new forum, been in gibbis so long i forgot how to post in non grey forums

lurking commencing now

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

That was before I heard about the lavish treatment in the GiP thread though. Had I known the level of posting deference…

doesnt work if youre canadian

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bunch of unhinged junkies in the SAD thread demanding their ukraine thread re-instated when in reality all politics threads in gbs should be wiped out

Post here, with us, in the thunderdome you cowards

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

StrangersInTheNight posted:

The GBS thread closed so. Refugees. I'm assuming you support open immigration.

They're not sending their best. They're NAFO, they're defense contractors. Some of them, I assume are good people.

We need to build a wall, and we're gonna make GBS pay for it.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Bunch of unhinged junkies in the SAD thread demanding their ukraine thread re-instated when in reality all politics threads in gbs should be wiped out

i dont really care if people shitpost or argue itt regardless of what thread they would prefer to post in, but lets not do direct commentary on whatever is going on in SAD. if you say its name you invite its presence

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Organ Fiend posted:

They're not sending their best. They're NAFO, they're defense contractors. Some of them, I assume are good people.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
you might say that posting in this thread with a completely different historical framework is a bit of a "shock therapy"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

speng31b posted:

i dont really care if people shitpost or argue itt regardless of what thread they would prefer to post in, but lets not do direct commentary on whatever is going on in SAD. if you say its name you invite its presence

Sorry sir and thank you for your service

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I don't have a posting home :(

But I do get to at least learn new perspectives.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

they really read as schizophrenic wrt how and why the thread got closed. Justifies the closure

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

whopse

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Organ Fiend posted:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the United States is hundreds and hundreds of times worse than Russia. This should not be controversial

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Al-Saqr posted:

also posting on SA is more brave and honorable than the entire US military put together theres nothing to be ashamed of.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

This thread has taught me that my assumptions about Nafo were all wrong: they aren't a bunch of teenagers getting their first taste of imperial propaganda, they're grown rear end men with jobs and children.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the Soviet war on nazi Germany was not bad

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1630248949813743619?s=20

slava ukraini

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

euphronius posted:

the Soviet war on nazi Germany was not bad

it was kind of great and patriotic

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

It's generally cool that the Soviets broke nazi Germany's back

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Minenfeld! posted:

sorry, the year is 2023 and now the nazis are good and the soviets are bad hth

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Minenfeld! posted:

What’s not cool is that they arrested the Georgians, Lithuanians and Galicians that got turned around and ended up as camp guards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This thread has taught me that my assumptions about Nafo were all wrong: they aren't a bunch of teenagers getting their first taste of imperial propaganda, they're grown rear end men with jobs and children.

I'm not NAFO but you forgot that I have a pnice house and car too