Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

what if we destroyed russia as an entity and created 50 new republics all based on nationalism isnt this a good idea

yeah it's always worked out great when Europe comes in and carves out a bunch of new states by drawing arbitrary lines on the map and telling the locals that this is their country now and they better like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

what if we destroyed russia as an entity and created 50 new republics all based on nationalism isnt this a good idea

Its great actually. Not so much when they start getting uppity thinking their material condition is more important than our geopolitical goals.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Sorry sir and thank you for your service

i mean, i cant tell you what to do. you can post about it if you really want. it just seems like a garbage fire

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

kronix posted:

I'm not NAFO but you forgot that I have a pnice house and car too

just one house?

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This thread has taught me that my assumptions about Nafo were all wrong: they aren't a bunch of teenagers getting their first taste of imperial propaganda, they're grown rear end men with jobs and children.

You're exactly right, the sensible grownups are in NAFO, the insane basement dwelling internet people are against it. Also Marjorie Taylor Greene and Elon Musk.

Anyways, I'd like to remind everyone that this is the Ukraine meme thread, some discussion is allowed but there's been too much lately, reel it in and post more memes instead. Here's a funny one:

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

thekeeshman posted:

You're exactly right, the sensible grownups are in NAFO, the insane basement dwelling internet people are against it. Also Marjorie Taylor Greene and Elon Musk.

Anyways, I'd like to remind everyone that this is the Ukraine meme thread, some discussion is allowed but there's been too much lately, reel it in and post more memes instead. Here's a funny one:

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Putin is an chimp there hahaha

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Based Putin playing on hard mode

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

thekeeshman posted:

man we're getting psyoped by the worlds worst agent

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I think you need to try harder, the war crimes superfan whining at the thread raised the bar on poo poo posting here.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
wont lie monkey putin always make me laugh

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Support our troops

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Lostconfused posted:

I think you need to try harder, the war crimes superfan whining at the thread raised the bar on poo poo posting here.

he even stole his best bit of saying USA spent billions rebuilding iraq

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i looked the monkey in the eye. i found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy

i was able to get a sense of his soul

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Hmm

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
first time i laughed at the putin monkey meme. still an uncomfortable /pol/ originated thing though

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

where did you first see it

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

kronix posted:

I'm not NAFO but you forgot that I have a pnice house and car too

Makes sense, the system worked relatively well for you, perhaps it colored your perspective on the world.

It makes sense people who would be the most supportive of a hegemony directly benefit from it.

i told you so
Feb 26, 2023

AnimeIsTrash posted:

me too :cheers:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I’m seeing a lot of 1940’s NAFO memes depicting rats, lice and other vermin doing the Holodomor.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Among other things, because he's an old fraud. But man do the tankies loooove his POV.

lol you will find no love for chumpsky in this forum

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

thekeeshman posted:

So what does Putin being a monkey imply

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Cuttlefush posted:

where did you first see it

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Lol someone just blamed Stalin for a famine in 1953....when he was already dead and the First Secretary was Nikita Khrushchev (a Ukrainian).

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

BadOptics posted:

Lol someone just blamed Stalin for a famine in 1953....when he was already dead and the First Secretary was Nikita Khrushchev (a Ukrainian).

yeah if he wasnt dead maybe kruschev's hosed up cornbrain wouldnt have hosed up cornbrainedly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s funny how literate all those guys were compared to todays leaders

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Woke ethno-nationalism.

w...woodrow wilson?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

BadOptics posted:

Wasnt the very last famine the soviet union ever experienced in 1947? and afterwards they were able to feed themselves just fine?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Wasnt the very last famine the soviet union ever experienced in 1947? and afterwards they were able to feed themselves just fine?

there was a time where a drought made them panic and kill a bunch of livestock but as far as famines go youre right

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

HonorableTB posted:

there was a time where a drought made them panic and kill a bunch of livestock but as far as famines go youre right

go off king

speng31b
May 8, 2010

which perma'd poster's rereg are you?

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

crepeface posted:

he even stole his best bit of saying USA spent billions rebuilding iraq

When you're not furiously googling for my posting history so you can post out of context bullshit I posted on this website, you're straight up making poo poo up because so you can own me on the internet.

Fact: The US spent a shitload of money trying to rebuild Iraq, it went poorly.
Fact: Russia will try to do the same in Ukraine but with less resources, it will also go poorly.

It turns out if you kill someones child, they don't really a give a poo poo that you built a new school or fix the water treatment plant you destroyed. In the case of Ukrainians they'll get a case of frozen fish or a new Lada.

Maybe you can make 10 more posts about how I worked for a contractor a decade ago but still somehow get a warcrime residual check for all the good work I did in a dark lab in the mid aughts.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

HonorableTB posted:

And? Did they cackle as they were killing then off or something?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kronix posted:

Fact: The US spent a shitload of money trying to rebuild Iraq,.

incorrect

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i think chomsky is a smart guy who has been a solid left-wing intellectual for decades, despite my disagreeing with him on important matters of doctrine, policy and often analysis :)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

kronix posted:

When you're not furiously googling for my posting history so you can post out of context bullshit I posted on this website, you're straight up making poo poo up because so you can own me on the internet.

Fact: Russia will try to do the same in Ukraine but with less resources, it will also go poorly.

It turns out if you kill someones child, they don't really a give a poo poo that you built a new school or fix the water treatment plant you destroyed. In the case of Ukrainians they'll get a case of frozen fish or a new Lada.

Maybe you can make 10 more posts about how I worked for a contractor a decade ago but still somehow get a warcrime residual check for all the good work I did in a dark lab in the mid aughts.

given that russia has successfully built housing in mariopolis and connected it with utilities, you are wrong.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

what's up with famines being milestone moments for communist regimes

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

kronix posted:

The purpose of a system is what it does. The U.S. didn't spend a shitload of money to "rebuild Iraq" they spent a shitload of money to enrich their friends and donors. It did not go poorly, they got exactly what they wanted!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the us project in iraq has a couple of meaningful differences with the russian project in ukraine imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Jimlit posted:

what's up with famines being milestone moments for communist regimes

bump

Jimlit posted:

Do you dumb fucks really think there are only white people in Ukraine?

Cuttlefush posted:

where's this coming from