Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Hold on, is that Rhino's suit with a big gaping hole in the middle of it? The suit that can't be cut or damaged or ever removed from Rhino's body, hence (some of) his anger issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

CzarChasm posted:

Hold on, is that Rhino's suit with a big gaping hole in the middle of it? The suit that can't be cut or damaged or ever removed from Rhino's body, hence (some of) his anger issues?

It's his new suit it's based on Power Girl.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Darthemed posted:

Punisher War Journal #13 (2008)

Ah spidey sense, it works except when it doesn't.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

MasterBuilder posted:

Ah spidey sense, it works except when it doesn't.

It worked literally on the same page! That's gotta be a record.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I can't help but notice that the Punisher gets saved by asspull ex machina a LOT. Every time someone better than him is actually about to give him a proper asskicking or dressing down, something comes in from off stage and hits them in the back of the head.

Having said that and admitting that I just really dislike the Punisher, I gotta say Peter, you're really not standing on super high ground here wearing the all-black version of the costume to talk about skulls. The real difference is that you have a different often-considered-scary icon on your chest, your color scheme is basically identical right there.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Sensation Comics #22 (1943)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Darthemed posted:

Sensation Comics #22 (1943)

More like "Dance of the ChetaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sabretooth & the Exiles #4 (2023)

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Namor only gets hazed off that loud

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That's some wet-rear end pot.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

Dareon posted:

Namor only gets hazed off that loud

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Redeye Flight posted:

I can't help but notice that the Punisher gets saved by asspull ex machina a LOT. Every time someone better than him is actually about to give him a proper asskicking or dressing down, something comes in from off stage and hits them in the back of the head.

He's a random rear end in a top hat who goes around killing people with guns in a setting where omnipotent god forms that could fight in the heart of a sun are also fighting street level crime, pretending he wouldn't be instantly loving dead nine seconds after he started his 'mission' is the biggest fantasy of them all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there was an arc where the various heroes had finally had enough of frank's poo poo (again). so they captured him and put him in a hi tech solo prison stark made. as far as i know this was never resolved or addressed, and frank was back to business as usual at the start of the next punisher run.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there was an arc where the various heroes had finally had enough of frank's poo poo (again). so they captured him and put him in a hi tech solo prison stark made. as far as i know this was never resolved or addressed, and frank was back to business as usual at the start of the next punisher run.

That's big Invader Zim energy there. "You quit being banished?"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Mulva posted:

omnipotent god forms that could fight in the heart of a sun are also fighting street level crime
Which Marvel comics characters fit this description?

Adventures into the Unknown #79 (1956)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

It's a strange parallel to Batman, who also often has the power of being the person the writers want to win, so he does. At least most Punisher writers seem to, at worst, acknowledge he's pretty hosed up

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Darthemed posted:

Which Marvel comics characters fit this description?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Santa Claus isn't technically a Marvel comics character, he's in every universe.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Nessus posted:

It's a strange parallel to Batman, who also often has the power of being the person the writers want to win, so he does. At least most Punisher writers seem to, at worst, acknowledge he's pretty hosed up

The best part of DCeased was Batman going down like a chump in issue #2. No brilliant Bat-plan this time!

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

SimonChris posted:

The best part of DCeased was Batman going down like a chump in issue #2. No brilliant Bat-plan this time!

Soooort of?

He gets infected, slows his infection with a Mr. Freeze suit and then spends his remaining time formulating the brilliant bat plan that eventually saves them with Alfred on stand by to put him down when the clock stops ticking.

So he’s definitely still framed as Brilliant Batplanner, just not enough to also save himself

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

From various November 1967 issues of Gold Key comics, it's the make-your-own-funny-panel page:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Captain Oblivious posted:

Soooort of?

He gets infected, slows his infection with a Mr. Freeze suit and then spends his remaining time formulating the brilliant bat plan that eventually saves them with Alfred on stand by to put him down when the clock stops ticking.

So he’s definitely still framed as Brilliant Batplanner, just not enough to also save himself

He doesn't save them; he just figures out a way to delay the spread of the virus. The actual cure comes much later. Batman contributes, sure, but he doesn't steal the show like he usually does.

Anyway, the latest DCeased storyline belongs in this thread because they aren't afraid to dial the stupidity all the way up to 11. That alone makes it way more interesting than Marvel Zombies. (Spoilered in case people want to see the crazyness unfold for themselves):

DCeased: War of the Undead Gods #6 (2023)

The Spectre kneeing Zombie Mister Mxyzptlk in the gut is so gloriously silly!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Spider-Man & Wolverine #2 (2003)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Journey into Mystery #63 (1960)

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Esplanade posted:

From various November 1967 issues of Gold Key comics, it's the make-your-own-funny-panel page:

I'm giving Paul Morgan the prize there.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

using this for smthg

Esplanade posted:

bong

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The World of Metropolis #1 (1988)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Darthemed posted:

The World of Metropolis #1 (1988)

Is it bring your kids to work day, or were all of the employees de-aged in some sort of evil scheme?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Is it bring your kids to work day, or were all of the employees de-aged in some sort of evil scheme?

It’s prt of a series looking at the earlier days of some of the main Daily Planet crew. This one is set something like twenty years before the “now” - that little girl is of course Lois Lane.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Mescal posted:

using this for smthg

You’ll go blind

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I would assume a field trip.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

PantsOptional posted:

It’s prt of a series looking at the earlier days of some of the main Daily Planet crew. This one is set something like twenty years before the “now” - that little girl is of course Lois Lane.

Ok, that's awesome

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #131 (1973)

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Darthemed posted:

Fantastic Four #131 (1973)

It's too apparent you stand lie in a broken heap in need of help...

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Star Wars Tales, #4

They're discussing the construction of the Death Star, the hologram was supposed to be the plans.

Edit: This is from 2000 and there are Mickey Mouse shaped Imperial insignias in the background.

UwUnabomber fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 1, 2023

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Lightning Comics #4 (1941)

Hellstorm: Prince of Lies #2 (1993)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?