Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Hillary's vp candidate was anti choice lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Randomly remembered this guy, who was essentially 2006's version of Beto or Abrams, but somehow way worse.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

Randomly remembered this guy, who was essentially 2006's version of Beto or Abrams, but somehow way worse.

he works for Fox News now lmao

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Just Remembered this and lol'ed

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVyZy19h2-Q

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

lmao I forgot about "Who Watches the Men?" It's so hard to tell the difference from the edits and the real ones

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
We have Obama at home

Obama at home:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Obamna??

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Sodahhh

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
can't see that without also heading the undertale music as well

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

All this talk of Dilbert reminded me of the Dilberito©

Described by Adams as "the blue jeans of food" others would describe it as having "large amounts of sodium, and in fact, the ratio of sodium to potassium is the reverse of what the body needs for a healthful diet." It failed because black people are a hate group.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also it has hgh or steroids or some poo poo in it

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I remember the book where he posited that product; it's like he'd never heard of Ensure (and was beating Soylent to the market by 10+ years if he'd put it in production) but the reality is people don't generally want to eat the exact same processed flavorless calories+vitamins each day to maximize meal efficiency even if it is trivially possible to do so.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/64189/time-florida-accidentally-honored-james-earl-ray-instead-jones-mlk-day

quote:

Company owner Herbert Miller swore no one had purposely maligned the late civil rights leader and offered two reasons for the horrible mistake. "We have a lot of people who don't speak English. One of the girls who doesn't know James Earl Jones from a man on the moon accidentally typed James Earl Ray,” Miller said.

He also said the same worker had just designed a plaque made out to “Ray Johnson,” and suggested that somehow the “Ray” from the previous template had gotten carried over to this one.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Echo Chamber posted:

The GOP spent a few election cycles in the early 2000s trying to prop up Neil P Bush for similar centrist cred

for some reason their base kept rejecting this!

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Koishi Komeiji posted:

All this talk of Dilbert reminded me of the Dilberito©

Described by Adams as "the blue jeans of food" others would describe it as having "large amounts of sodium, and in fact, the ratio of sodium to potassium is the reverse of what the body needs for a healthful diet." It failed because black people are a hate group.

there's so many funny things about it, full of legumes and beans so it gave everyone awful gas, to get to the calories they wanted they had to add a bunch of oil so it gave anyone who ate it diarrhea, to get all the required vitamins and minerals they had to add a bunch of stuff and it made it taste metallic, and the Dilbert guy thought that the reason it wasn't doing well was because other frozen burrito companies were hiding it so he said that he would travel around the bay area at night going to grocery stores and rearranging their frozen burrito stock so that the dilberito was more prominent.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

That actually does sound like the sort of Engineer Brain poo poo that Dilbert does in the comic strip.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

scott adams wasn't even an engineer lol dude was an accountant

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
ducking into a cubicle before a black coworker notices me

"Phew! Safe zone!"

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Minecraft Holmes posted:

scott adams wasn't even an engineer lol dude was an accountant

Much, much worse. BA in economics, then some bank management poo poo. He actually is the spiky haired boss.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

idk, I guess Dilbert is an engineer with Accountant Brain then

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Animal-Mother posted:

ducking into a cubicle before a black coworker notices me

"Phew! Safe zone!"

Played the poo poo out of that on the 486 family PC hell yeah

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

mawarannahr posted:

remembered this earlier and lold but also sad

pinky pope

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

fermun posted:

and the Dilbert guy thought that the reason it wasn't doing well was because other frozen burrito companies were hiding it so he said that he would travel around the bay area at night going to grocery stores and rearranging their frozen burrito stock so that the dilberito was more prominent.

lmao A true poster at heart. If he weren't scot adams I'd almost love him

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Million cameras in DC and they never found the Jan 6 pipebomber lol

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ikanreed posted:

That time the democratic party leadership decided to run pro war veterans for like every single contested race

i'm p sure that this wasn't just one time

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Remember when rudy Giuliani blew his nose into a handkerchief then immediately wiped it across his brow/face

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Cerebral Bore posted:

i'm p sure that this wasn't just one time

:ohdear:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Remember when rudy Giuliani blew his nose into a handkerchief then immediately wiped it across his brow/face

Borat barging into that hotel room

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Giuliani had like 4 or 5 amazing all time gently caress ups over the course of less than a month in late 2020.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

Million cameras in DC and they never found the Jan 6 pipebomber lol

the pipe bomber giving a friendly wave to a passing patrol car

liberals watching Jan 6 then a week later going “those cops were the real heroes”

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Best Friends posted:

the pipe bomber giving a friendly wave to a passing patrol car

liberals watching Jan 6 then a week later going “those cops were the real heroes”

"the cops didn't let the protestors in" becoming a conspiracy theory over the course of a week when I watched it loving happen on livestream lol

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Giuliani had like 4 or 5 amazing all time gently caress ups over the course of less than a month in late 2020.

the flop sweat making his hair dye run during that tv appearance was incredible. real Albert Brooks in Broadcast News hours.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
four seasons landscaping is still amazing

didn't that turn out to be that vehemently anti-gay gay guy from texas that set that up

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Until 2020, the full and official name of Rhode Island was The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"the cops didn't let the protestors in" becoming a conspiracy theory over the course of a week when I watched it loving happen on livestream lol

there are still a ton of youtube videos up with alphabet soup titles that show cops just opening the doors and welcoming protestors in, but we have to forget that because we need to think cops are good for some reason

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
one of the first arrests associated with Jan 6 was of a protester who had brought illegal extended AR-15 magazines into DC in his truck, and when questioned by the cops about it said it’s cool because he was just there to sell them, not realizing he was admitting to an even worse crime

another guy was arrested the day of when he proudly showed the cops the box full of Molotov cocktails in his passenger seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lib and let die posted:

Until 2020, the full and official name of Rhode Island was The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations
holy poo poo I didn't know this and it's amazing